"Can't connect to this network"

Discus and support "Can't connect to this network" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wiped our HP Pavilion 20 desktop to give it to my daughter. Now, after resetting the computer, I can't connect to our network. Our network is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeM5, Aug 10, 2018.

1. JeM5 Win User

I wiped our HP Pavilion 20 desktop to give it to my daughter.

Now, after resetting the computer, I can't connect to our network. Our network is available and the wireless icon on the bottom of the screen shows a white star, but when I click connect and enter our password it comes back to "can't connect to this network". I've tried A LOT of things (that I don't understand) to resolve the problem, and I've read that it could be related to Windows 10.

A while ago, I updated to Windows 10 when it first came out from Windows 8 that was already running on the computer.

Please help!!

:)

2. martinkaren77 Win User

Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Aug 10, 2018
  4. CourageDog Win User

network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

CourageDog, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. "Can't connect to this network" - Similar Threads - Can't connect network

2. Cannot detect ANY computers on network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot detect ANY computers on network.: I'm trying to set up my pc(and laptop) to be able to share local drives but for some inexplicable reason the pc refuses to detect ANY network computers including itself while it CAN ACCESS them if you know the address.(eg. \\mypc\local) My problem is: I've followed the exact...
  3. network security

network security: I have a private home network that is somehow being controlled by a domain. I have limited control over all of my devices. I have tried all the obvious solutions. Such as: clean installation, network reset, computer reset option in windows 10. I've wiped drives with d-ban,...
  4. Network problem

Network problem: Receiving message 'can't connect to this network" on laptop windows 10. Other devices are connected and fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/network-problem/27c3257b-6241-4aaf-a1cd-06984707735c
  5. Can't open Ubuntu since the latest Windows Store update of the app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't open Ubuntu since the latest Windows Store update of the app: Hello, I am running Ubuntu from the Windows Store and got a notification yesterday that the app was updated in the store. As soon as I opened the app, I am welcomed by this error : [ATTACH] As you noticed, the error mentions ubuntu1804. That's because I decided to...
  6. Can't switch out of S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't switch out of S mode: Bought a new laptop today and have been trying to switch out of S mode (because it's an absolute joke) and I am being prompted with "Something went wrong and we couldn't start the upgrade". As informative as that explanation is, I have no clue what to do and searches have...
  7. How to share internet connection OF windows 10 TO a phone using USB ?

How to share internet connection OF windows 10 TO a phone using USB ?: I see a lot of tutorials on how to share the smartphone's connection to windows 10. I'd like to do the exact opposite: I would like to connect my phone to windows 10 via USB, and use internet connection OF the pc 10, on the PHONE. I cannot find the share via usb option,...
  8. Can't play games after GPU Driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't play games after GPU Driver update: Hello, I have a GeForce 1070 Ti, it worked perfectly. But when I updated to the latest version it increased the lag tremendously, I can't open the game as it crashes right away. I tried installing the previous version, which didn't work as well. Please help, Pedro...
  9. Laptop won't connect to Internet. Help!

Laptop won't connect to Internet. Help!: Laptop won't connect to Internet "can't connect" or "no Internet" messages. Other devices working fine. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-help/81ad70b4-bb2b-4aeb-a5c1-935e3c56349c
  10. Can't open windows settings tools

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open windows settings tools: I can't open my settings such as microsoft store, x-box, etc..Any solutions?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cant-open-windows-settings-tools/def857c4-c9f0-4a10-84d9-e6b363ec42de