Windows 10: Can't connect to vpn share folder of my office nas and get error 0x80004005

Discus and support Can't connect to vpn share folder of my office nas and get error 0x80004005 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My PC use netgear insight vpn to connect the share folder of the nas in my office. I successfully login-ed and I can ping the nas in my office. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Danie Wong, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Can't connect to vpn share folder of my office nas and get error 0x80004005

My PC use netgear insight vpn to connect the share folder of the nas in my office.

I successfully login-ed and I can ping the nas in my office.

The problem is when I typing \\192.168.0.xx in the box of windows file manager to access the nas

Can't connect to vpn share folder of my office nas and get error 0x80004005 22553dff-b6aa-4351-8f73-07b487cfedbd?upload=true.png

It get 0x80004005 as shown above.

I follow the article

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...80004005/7f12471c-2e33-472b-9b0b-6643666a4ef4

I found that my another device 'surface pro 6' can access the nas which doesn't need the action 'Tick the SMB 1.0/CIFS Client' so the solution of 'Tick the SMB 1.0/CIFS Client' didn't fit to my situation. And the insight vpn doesn't brother.

Please help and suggest the idea to solve the situation. Thank you very much.

:)

Danie Wong, Jul 6, 2020

2. VPN connecting but not the shared folder

I tried the steps provided by that link before posting on the forum. It's not helping... I still can't access my shared folder while connected to vpn...

SergeLandry, Jul 6, 2020
  3. D007 Win User
    Error 0x80004005

How To Fix 0x80004005 Error?
    Look to the right of the screen and follow the steps to fix the problem. Hope this helps.

D007, Jul 6, 2020
  4. amir77a Win User

Can't connect to vpn share folder of my office nas and get error 0x80004005

Can't establish VPN connection to my office

I've upgraded both my laptop and my desktop in my office to Windows 10 Pro (both were coming from Windows 8.1).

VPN was working perfect before the upgrade.

At current I can't establish a VPN connection to my office.

The VPN server (at my office) is listening to port 3390.
    Checking with netstat and port scanner, the port (3390) is opened.

On the VPN client I'm typing server IP:3390 but getting an error message saying "the remote connection was not made because the name of the remote server did not resolve).

Using just my server IP, I'm getting "verifying your connection info", and then "connecting to server IP".... and.. nothing more. It never connects.

Any help would be very appreciated.

amir77a, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Can't connect to vpn share folder of my office nas and get error 0x80004005

1. Can't connect to vpn share folder of my office nas and get error 0x80004005 - Similar Threads - Can't connect vpn

2. folder sharing through vpn

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder sharing through vpn: I'm always connecting to a specific VPN. Will the folders I have shared be shared automatically with other users connected to that VPN?I'm worried about personal folders that I have already shared to access them with my other devices through Wi-Fi....
  3. VPN connects but can't access shared folders

VPN connects but can't access shared folders: About a month ago I came into work and one of our engineers said he wasn't able to access the shared folders from home using his VPN anymore. I logged onto the VPN and everything worked as it should, but then 1 week later I wasn't able to access the shared folders. Now my...
  4. Connecting to a VPN error 0x80004005

Connecting to a VPN error 0x80004005: Connecting to a VPN with success I cannot access the distant company serveur entering the IP address in the explorer bar. after a few seconds appears the following message: Windows cannot connect to the following access\\192.168.x.xxx with in the details error code...
  5. Can't rename any folder (error 0x80004005)

Can't rename any folder (error 0x80004005): Hi, I recently ran into a problem. When I try to rename any folder on my drive or in an external USB, an error "0x80004005" pops up and says: 'An unexpected error is keeping you from renaming the folder. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to...
  6. Not able to access NAS Shared folder

Not able to access NAS Shared folder: Hey, Recently, I reinstalled windows 10, and suddenly, I was not able to access any shared folders located on my NAS. I was able to access other PCs (running windows 10)'s shared folders. Other PCs(running windows 10) are able to acccess the NAS. Can you guys help with...
  7. Error code: 0x80004005, while connecting NAS drives to laptop

Error code: 0x80004005, while connecting NAS drives to laptop: Hello, I've been having quite a bit of trouble connecting from my laptop to two different NAS in my local network. The exact error is Error code 0x80004005 (Unspecified error) when I try and type in either the IP or hostname of the two targeted systems. I was able to...
  8. Can't see the Computers on WorkGroup, or access an NAS shared folder

Can't see the Computers on WorkGroup, or access an NAS shared folder: Hi, I have a home network that is a simple workgroup. There is an NAS that has some shared folders on the network, with some media servers, etc. I have a desktop computer attached to the router through cable, some laptops, tablets, cell phone, etc. that are attached to the...
  9. Can't create local user, only get an 0x80004005 error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't create local user, only get an 0x80004005 error: What should have been a 2-minute task has turned into a death march, the kind only Microsoft can provide! *Mad I simply wanted to remove a long dead hotmail account from my user sign in account and update it with my current outlook email. Seems innocent enough. After much...
  10. Can't establish VPN connection to my office

Can't establish VPN connection to my office: I've upgraded both my laptop and my desktop in my office to Windows 10 Pro (both were coming from Windows 8.1). VPN was working perfect before the upgrade. At current I can't establish a VPN connection to my office. The VPN server (at my office) is listening to port...
Tags: