Windows 10: Can't connect to vpn

Discus and support Can't connect to vpn in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello guys I'm watching k-drama on laptop recently but it says I gonna need vpn to continue so I search for Google and follow the instructions but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fortest334, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Can't connect to vpn

Hello guys I'm watching k-drama on laptop recently but it says I gonna need vpn to continue so I search for Google and follow the instructions but after all I setup the vpn profile I can't connect to vpn. It says "a connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for the connection was closed. " What's wrong and how can I fix this. Thanks in advance!!!!

submitted by /u/fortest334
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fortest334, Jan 4, 2021
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Jan 4, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Can't connect to vpn :D

P4-630, Jan 4, 2021
  4. aj99000 Win User

Can't connect to vpn

No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected

This particular issue has been going on for almost a month now. My companies IT department is still trying to figure out the root cause. Below is a list of isolation / troubleshooting i've done.

Issue: Once connected to the work VPN (successfully) the internet connection on the Windows 10 machine disconnects and does not allow any network traffic.

OS: Windows 10 Home - Version: 1909 (OS Build 18363.476)

Computer: Razor Blade 2019

- Latest drivers installed

- Latest Windows updates installed

- System Wide issue

Troubleshooting / Isolation

• Cellular Data: Verified the Windows machine can connect to a hotspot and successfully browse the internet. (No VPN involved)

• Cellular Data + Work VPN: Verified the Windows machine can connect to the hotspot & successfully connect to work VPN and successfully browse the internet.

• Home WiFi: Verified Windows machine can connect to the home wifi network and successfully browse the internet (No VPN involved)

• Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified Windows machine can connect to home WiFi. It can successfully connect to work VPN. However once the work VPN is connected, the home WiFi network indicates (No Internet Access)

• Ping Test + Work VPN: Verified I can successfully ping (work) websites and even the work VPN URL successfully without any packet loss. However once I go to ping (non-work) related addresses like google.com, apple.com etc. there is packet loss.

At this point I decided to test my work VPN on my iPhone & Apple Mac.

• iPhone: Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified the iPhone successfully connects to home WiFi network and the work VPN and can successfully browse the internet.

• Mac: Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified the Mac successfully connects to home WiFi network and the work VPN and can successfully browse the internet.

Isolated: Only the Windows machine seems to be affected. I even verified this issue occurs on multiple Windows user accounts on the Windows 10 machine.

- Windows 10 is fully updated to the latest November Windows 10 update and issue persists

- Deleted and Added the VPN configuration several times and issue persisted.

Third Party VPN Client Test: Tested with Nord VPN and the Windows machine successfully connected to the home WiFi network & the Nord VPN connection successfully connected to a random server and successfully browsed the internet.

- Disabled IPV6 on VPN & WiFi network configuration (Per IT Support guidance) and issue persisted

*Currently updating to Windows 10 Insider Preview 19033.1 (vb_release) to see if this might fix anything pertaining to Windows 10 VPN.

Thanks for any additional guidance / suggestions / help that the community offers.

aj99000, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Can't connect to vpn

1. Can't connect to vpn - Similar Threads - Can't connect vpn

2. Can't connect VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect VPN: I can't conect to vpn. I receive a notification saying the specified port is always open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-vpn/2d318593-d313-4226-8ca3-fedfe44e4249
  3. Can't connect VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect VPN: I can't conect to vpn. I receive a notification saying the specified port is always open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-vpn/2d318593-d313-4226-8ca3-fedfe44e4249
  4. Can't connect VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't connect with Vpn L2TP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect with Vpn L2TP: Can anyone help me? I have a vpn problem with this error message capture below. I found a post saying it's because of windows update KB5009543. But I don't have this update in my system. Even after uninstalling the other recent update, still the same error.I still have access...
  6. Can't connect with Vpn L2TP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect with Vpn L2TP: Can anyone help me? I have a vpn problem with this error message capture below. I found a post saying it's because of windows update KB5009543. But I don't have this update in my system. Even after uninstalling the other recent update, still the same error.I still have access...
  7. Can't connect with Vpn L2TP

8. VPN CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    VPN CONNECTION: i have been asked to connect to the VPN provided by the school to activate my windows. however, the VPN connection keeps saying my password to the username is incorrect despite typing and keying in correctly and i have tried multiple times but i am still unable to do so...
  9. Can't connect to VPN

Can't connect to VPN: We have a remote user trying to connect to our company VPN receiving the following message: "Can't connect to VPN the connection was terminated by the remote computer before it could be completed" Any insight on how to resolve this would be appreciated....
  10. Can connect to VPN but can't access connected PC

Can connect to VPN but can't access connected PC: So I've scoured the web and pulled together enough info to enable me to create an incoming VPN connection on our dedicated P2P file "server" which runs Windows 8.1 Pro. On my Windows 10 Pro laptop, I've also created an outgoing VPN connection to the server. When I click the...