Windows 10: Can't connect to Wi Fi in Windows 10

Discus and support Can't connect to Wi Fi in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had Windows 10 on my Dell XPS Studio laptop for a about a year, and suddenly I was dropped from my wireless Wi Fi connections. I've tried fixes in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IndieP, Apr 3, 2017.

1. IndieP Win User

Can't connect to Wi Fi in Windows 10

I've had Windows 10 on my Dell XPS Studio laptop for a about a year, and suddenly I was dropped from my wireless Wi Fi connections. I've tried fixes in command prompt, resetting, uninstalling / installing network adapter, resetting router, resetting the network to name a few, none of which has worked permanently. On occasion I could get back on only to be dropped again.
    When running the troubleshooter, it usually tries to reset the network adapter. Sometimes it suggests powering off/on the access point, or saying I've not selected a preferred network.
    So, as of now
    I cannot select a preferred network (though local networks show up when clicking on the Wi Fi icon.
    When trying to select a network, the "up to 90 sec to show unconfigured networks pop-up window
    does not reveal any.
    Yesterday on a couple of occasions when trying different fixes, I was able to select my preferred wireless network and get it to show in the "View Your Active Networks" and I could connect without problem, but then I would be dropped again. What the root cause of preventing an active network from appearing is, I don't know.
    Anyone any ideas I havn't tried yet, (short of resetting the PC or performing a clean install)

Note: I also tried rolling back a week or two using System Restore, but I got an error message saying it was
    unable to complete the task.

Presently, the Wi Fi icon shows the asterisk at the top left of it.

Thanks

:)

IndieP, Apr 3, 2017

2. Windows 10 - No wi-fi

Can anyone help please?

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can't connect to the world via wi-fi. Under networks it shows no wi-fi networks to connect to....the wi-fi is switched on, but the PC can't "see" any wi-fi networks....

Is it an an issue with Windows?

Is there a settign I need to adjust?

Is it the Wi-fi drivers?

Just switched the PC Back to Windows 8.1 and hey presto I can see the wi-fi icon, I can see wi-fi networks and YES I can connect to the wi-fi so it's not a PC issue.

i want to upgrade to Windows 10, but need help please?

Any ideas????

DuncanTown, Apr 3, 2017
  3. Hakodon Win User
    Wi-Fi Connection Error. Can't Connect to One Specific Wi-Fi

Windows10. There are some usable Wi-Fi in a house, but I cannot connect to one specific Wi-Fi. When I try to connect that Wi-Fi it says "can't connect this network" even though my phone and other devices can connect to that Wi-Fi. If I unplug the Wi-Fi
    router and re-plug in after 10 to 15 second, I can connect that Wi-Fi. However, it sometimes stops suddenly while I am using that. Then I need to reconnect to that Wi-Fi but can't do it unless unplug and re-plug in again. I tried troubleshooting but didn't
    work. I can use and connect to other Wi-Fi but I don't know why this specific Wi-Fi can't be connected.

Hakodon, Apr 3, 2017
  4. wyldman68 Win User

Have you tried changing the channel on your WiFi router? You may have other routers stomping on your signal.

wyldman68, Apr 3, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Known issue, unrelated to your problem. No satisfactory fix yet, we await one from Microsoft. In the mean time, making a system image is the more reliable way to restore your system to an earlier state.
    System Restore fails: AppxStaging %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApp 0x80070091

If it just started recently a neighbour may have just set up a new router. This little utility from Nirsoft lets you see the channels in use around you so you can choose one with the least interference from your neighbours.
    WifiInfoView - WiFi Scanner for Windows 10/7/8/Vista

Bree, Apr 3, 2017
  6. IndieP Win User
    Regarding changing the channel on the router, my wife's laptop with Windows 10 does not have a problem. Also, I have this problem when at McDonalds (and I go their several times a week), so its unsightly to be a channel issue. I've tried a few other things since my last post, but have yet to look into checking to see if the router and my computer are using the same security type.

IndieP, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't connect to Wi Fi in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't connect

2. I downgraded windows 10 to windows 8.1, now I can't connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downgraded windows 10 to windows 8.1, now I can't connect to the internet.: There is multiple problems after I downgraded my Lenovo Ideapad 100S-iby to windows 8.1 pro n1. Keyboard and trackpad don't work, have to use usb mouse and keyboard.2. Can't connect to wifi, can't install wifi adapters, even tried ipconfig /all.3. display adapters don't...
  3. I downgraded windows 10 to windows 8.1, now I can't connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I downgraded windows 10 to windows 8.1, now I can't connect to the internet.: There is multiple problems after I downgraded my Lenovo Ideapad 100S-iby to windows 8.1 pro n1. Keyboard and trackpad don't work, have to use usb mouse and keyboard.2. Can't connect to wifi, can't install wifi adapters, even tried ipconfig /all.3. display adapters don't...
  4. I downgraded windows 10 to windows 8.1, now I can't connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downgraded windows 10 to windows 8.1, now I can't connect to the internet.: I decided to downgrade my Lenovo Ideapad 100s-iby to Windows 8.1, as I thought it would run faster, but now, I've tried everything but it can't connect to the internet, I would install drivers but it's not connected, so I can't. I've searched everywhere. Tried all of it, how...
  5. I downgraded windows 10 to windows 8.1, now I can't connect to the internet.

I downgraded windows 10 to windows 8.1, now I can't connect to the internet.: I decided to downgrade my Lenovo Ideapad 100s-iby to Windows 8.1, as I thought it would run faster, but now, I've tried everything but it can't connect to the internet, I would install drivers but it's not connected, so I can't. I've searched everywhere. Tried all of it, how...
  6. Can't connect second Wiimote controller to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect second Wiimote controller to Windows 10: Hi!I am having kind of a weird issue. I can not seem to connect 2 wiimotes.Basically, I am able to connect one wiimote controller just fine. It connects fine & quick, ready to use once it finished. However, when I go to connect the second one, I get the following message:"Try...
  7. Can't connect second Wiimote controller to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect second Wiimote controller to Windows 10: Hi!I am having kind of a weird issue. I can not seem to connect 2 wiimotes.Basically, I am able to connect one wiimote controller just fine. It connects fine & quick, ready to use once it finished. However, when I go to connect the second one, I get the following message:"Try...
  8. Can't connect second Wiimote controller to Windows 10

9. Atheros ar956x- can't connect to this network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Atheros ar956x- can't connect to this network.: Hello, currently i have an samsung essentials e32NP370E4K-KD4BR and i'm going to sell it.But i'm getting the problem "can't connect to this network" whenever i try to connect to my wifi, i already saw tons and tons of forums, videos and nothing worked.Wifi adapter is the...
  10. Atheros ar956x- can't connect to this network.

Atheros ar956x- can't connect to this network.: Hello, currently i have an samsung essentials e32NP370E4K-KD4BR and i'm going to sell it.But i'm getting the problem "can't connect to this network" whenever i try to connect to my wifi, i already saw tons and tons of forums, videos and nothing worked.Wifi adapter is the...