Windows 10: Cant connect to wi-fi

Discus and support Cant connect to wi-fi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've tried almost everything and my network still doesn't show up unless I'm right next to it and I get 1 bar... I can connect on my phone and get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bananaqq, Nov 23, 2018.

1. bananaqq Win User

Cant connect to wi-fi

I've tried almost everything and my network still doesn't show up unless I'm right next to it and I get 1 bar...

I can connect on my phone and get full bars.

problem started when I switched providers never had this problem before but I don't think its a problem with the router

also I can only connect and get full bars connected to ethernet

:)

bananaqq, Nov 23, 2018
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Amadeus51 Win User

Cant connect to wi-fi

No wi-fi connection

I found the restore points and went back to last month, when the Wi-Fi was still working. I reconnected the router. The control panel says the connection is secure and connected when I tried to get online via wireless rather than DSL, but the icon on the bottom is still the DSL one. Do I have to disconnect the DSL cable in order to use the Wi-Fi or does it matter? The control panel lists both internet connections.

Amadeus51, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Cant connect to wi-fi

1. Cant connect to wi-fi - Similar Threads - Cant connect

2. I cant connect xbox series xs controller to my asus rog laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant connect xbox series xs controller to my asus rog laptop: Hello,I used to be able to connect my xbox series xs controller to my asus rog laptop but cant connect it wirelessly anymore after the last windows 11 update. How can I fix this issue?...
  3. I cant connect xbox series xs controller to my asus rog laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant connect xbox series xs controller to my asus rog laptop: Hello,I used to be able to connect my xbox series xs controller to my asus rog laptop but cant connect it wirelessly anymore after the last windows 11 update. How can I fix this issue?...
  4. i cant connect bluetooth after i disconnect once it always shows this and cant turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant connect bluetooth after i disconnect once it always shows this and cant turned on: it works properly when i restart the system i also tried to troubleshoot but it always got stuck and dont process furtherservices restart also doesn't work...
  5. i cant connect bluetooth after i disconnect once it always shows this and cant turned on

i cant connect bluetooth after i disconnect once it always shows this and cant turned on: it works properly when i restart the system i also tried to troubleshoot but it always got stuck and dont process furtherservices restart also doesn't work...
  6. i cant connect bluetooth after i disconnect once it always shows this and cant turned on

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. i cant use my bluetooth, when trying to add devices its showing " couldn't connect " and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant use my bluetooth, when trying to add devices its showing " couldn't connect " and...: i tried troubleshooting but its says no Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-my-bluetooth-when-trying-to-add-devices/e10930ab-8f4c-4ea6-8332-ab27d21aef27
  8. i cant use my bluetooth, when trying to add devices its showing " couldn't connect " and...

i cant use my bluetooth, when trying to add devices its showing " couldn't connect " and...: i tried troubleshooting but its says no Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-my-bluetooth-when-trying-to-add-devices/e10930ab-8f4c-4ea6-8332-ab27d21aef27
  9. Toshiba Satellite c655 shows connected to internet, but cant use any webpages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba Satellite c655 shows connected to internet, but cant use any webpages: So, I am trying to fix my uncle's laptop, it is a Toshiba Satellite c655 with windows 7. I just factory reset it to the out of box setting. It 'connects' to the WiFi, but I am unable to browse any webpages in chrome or explorer. Firefox works to some degree, but no downloaded...
  10. Toshiba Satellite c655 shows connected to internet, but cant use any webpages

Toshiba Satellite c655 shows connected to internet, but cant use any webpages: So, I am trying to fix my uncle's laptop, it is a Toshiba Satellite c655 with windows 7. I just factory reset it to the out of box setting. It 'connects' to the WiFi, but I am unable to browse any webpages in chrome or explorer. Firefox works to some degree, but no downloaded...