Windows 10: Can’t connect to Wi-Fi.

Discus and support Can’t connect to Wi-Fi. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just got my new PC repaired, and when I got it, I went to connect the internet and only 2 Network devices showed up;”Hidden Network” and my home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkBH, Jun 10, 2019.

1. MarkBH Win User

Can’t connect to Wi-Fi.

I just got my new PC repaired, and when I got it, I went to connect the internet and only 2 Network devices showed up;”Hidden Network” and my home network(Both were in a very low signal). I couldn’t connect at all, and when it let me type the password to my router, it just said “Can’t connect to this network”. I checked known devices, and it had a bunch of other devices I connected. I went on te airplane mode tab, and below Bluetooth it had something called “Wi-Fi 2”. It says its a realtek device from the adapter’s window, and I’ve already tried uninstalling any ghost devices (there was only one but of a controller) and I tried uninstalling “Wi-Fi 2” and the realtek device and they both reinstalled, I’ve tried uninstalling all the network adapters and restarted many times, and nothing is working. Is there any fix to this?

:)

MarkBH, Jun 10, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 - Next generation Wi-Fi connectivity

Source: Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 | Wi-Fi Alliance

Brink, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Can’t connect to Wi-Fi.

Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Can’t connect to Wi-Fi.

1. Can’t connect to Wi-Fi. - Similar Threads - Can’t connect

2. Wireless Mouse can’t connect, can only pair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Mouse can’t connect, can only pair: Hi,I have an issue with my Logitech Ergo LIFT Mouse where when I’m away from my mouse for an extended period of time, it disconnects but I don’t have a connect option under my mouse on the Bluetooth & devices screen so I’m forced to remove the device from my Bluetooth list...
  3. Wireless Mouse can’t connect, can only pair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Mouse can’t connect, can only pair: Hi,I have an issue with my Logitech Ergo LIFT Mouse where when I’m away from my mouse for an extended period of time, it disconnects but I don’t have a connect option under my mouse on the Bluetooth & devices screen so I’m forced to remove the device from my Bluetooth list...
  4. Wireless Mouse can’t connect, can only pair

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My computer won’t allow me to do anything, I can’t connect to internet and I can’t even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won’t allow me to do anything, I can’t connect to internet and I can’t even...: I downloaded something on my computer tried to delete it and now it won’t let me do anything on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-allow-me-to-do-anything-i-cant/a220dd88-9af9-41ed-8602-e4927e3bad1f
  6. My computer won’t allow me to do anything, I can’t connect to internet and I can’t even...

My computer won’t allow me to do anything, I can’t connect to internet and I can’t even...: I downloaded something on my computer tried to delete it and now it won’t let me do anything on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-allow-me-to-do-anything-i-cant/a220dd88-9af9-41ed-8602-e4927e3bad1f
  7. PC can’t connect to Internet, Can’t access PIN, Corrupted Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC can’t connect to Internet, Can’t access PIN, Corrupted Files: Hello, For the past few days I’ve been having issues with my PC. Late Sunday evening I went to log into my PC, but the login said it couldn’t find my PIN; this had happened to me before, so I retraced my previous steps and used the same steps to fix the issue as I did before....
  8. PC can’t connect to Internet, Can’t access PIN, Corrupted Files

PC can’t connect to Internet, Can’t access PIN, Corrupted Files: Hello, For the past few days I’ve been having issues with my PC. Late Sunday evening I went to log into my PC, but the login said it couldn’t find my PIN; this had happened to me before, so I retraced my previous steps and used the same steps to fix the issue as I did before....
  9. Can’t connect to wifi after network reset

Can’t connect to wifi after network reset: I accidentally hit “network reset” and now I can’t connect to any internet services. I ran the troubleshoot and it said “Install a driver for your network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to...
  10. Can’t connect to wifi after network reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t connect to wifi after network reset: I accidentally hit “network reset” and now I can’t connect to any internet services. I ran the troubleshoot and it said “Install a driver for your network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to...