Windows 10: Can't connect to WiFi after Windows 10 May 2020 update v.2004 - WPA-invalid-2/4-key-msg

Discus and support Can't connect to WiFi after Windows 10 May 2020 update v.2004 - WPA-invalid-2/4-key-msg in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After our laptops update to Windows 10 v2004, they will no longer connect to our WPA2-Enterprise FortiAP WiFi network. We have troubleshooted and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vorsoth100, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Can't connect to WiFi after Windows 10 May 2020 update v.2004 - WPA-invalid-2/4-key-msg

After our laptops update to Windows 10 v2004, they will no longer connect to our WPA2-Enterprise FortiAP WiFi network. We have troubleshooted and checked our RADIUS/NPS settings, and they are correct. The users get authenticated, but the connection fails with this message in the FortiGate Logs:

WPA-invalid-2/4-key-msg
    Probably wrong password entered, invalid MIC in 2/4 message of 4-way handshake from client

The laptop's event logs report "Dynamic Key exchange did not succeed withing configured time"

Other laptops still on Windows 10 1909 can connect just fine. And if we roll back the Windows 10 update to 1909, it will connect again. If we take the laptop to our other office with Aruba AP's they connect just fine. So it's something to do with the Windows 10 2004 update and the FortiAP 221E Access Points. We just can't figure out how to fix it.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

:)

Vorsoth100, Jul 14, 2020
  2. legend383 Win User

"Can't connect to this network."

I just bought a wifi card for my windows 10 desktop (a tp-link archer t8e) and cannot connect to my network.

I have the wifi icon on the tray, I can get a list of available networks but after entering the wpa key for my network it just shows the message "Can't connect to this network."

Network diagnosis just suggested connecting to a wifi network (why didn't I think of that...), does anyone here have any clue as to what the problem could be?

UPDATE: Just noticed that the wifi adapter is being disabled briefly just after I enter the network password, no idea what's going on.

legend383, Jul 14, 2020
  3. so051225 Win User
    Reset the WPA pre-shared key of Wifi Connection?

I use TPlink wireless router as an access point to let my Nokia 5530 connect to internet.

Now, i had changed the WPA pre-shared key in the router, but i can't change the setting of my phone, so, it always pop up an invalid key message, i can't connect to internet.

Is there any way to reset the key of a wifi connection?

so051225, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Can't connect to WiFi after Windows 10 May 2020 update v.2004 - WPA-invalid-2/4-key-msg

Wifi not working after upgrading from Windows 7

I have just upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7. Since doing this my wifi is no longer working. Wifi is turned on but no networks are showing. Unfortunately I only have my mobile as a hot spot to use for Internet so I can not connect an ether net cable to check if it works that way.
    I had a vpn installed on my windows 7 system and read that this may be to blame. I reverted back to win 7 and uninstalled it but when I reupgraded to 10 I still have the same issue. I found the following instructions for a fix.. Fortunately – there is a solution.
    "Step 1 – First things first, Right-Click the newly-reinstated Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the drop-down menu.
    Step 2 – Type out the following command, then hit the Enter key
    reg delete HKCRCLSID{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f
    Step 3 – Enter the below command into the Command Prompt and then triumphantly hit the Enter key
    netcfg -v -u dni_dne
    Step 4 – Restart the PC and then double-check your wifi settings. You should now see a revived list of all of the available networks within range."
    However when I try step 1 it says "error: invalid key name. Type "reg delete /?" For usage."
    Any help is greatly appreciated as I will have to revert back again if I can't get it working.

MonsterFish, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Can't connect to WiFi after Windows 10 May 2020 update v.2004 - WPA-invalid-2/4-key-msg

1. Can't connect to WiFi after Windows 10 May 2020 update v.2004 - WPA-invalid-2/4-key-msg - Similar Threads - Can't connect WiFi

2. Windows 10 cannot connect to WPA WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 cannot connect to WPA WiFi: My laptop is running on windows 10 version 2004. Whenever I try to connect to a certain wifi it says “not connected, secured”. I suspect this is because the wifi is secured by WPA, which is “weak security”. How do i get my computer to connect regardless of this security? I...
  3. Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004: Is it safe to install Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004... Are all issues solved..? 160526
  4. audio issues after May 2020 -2004 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio issues after May 2020 -2004 update: After the May update 2004 my outgoing audio over Zoom calls is static and crackly. I have spent a month and a half with this issue. A good portion with it at service. I had the PC wiped and then brought back to Geek Squad and they reset as well as removing 2004 update back to...
  5. Can't connect to WiFi after Windows 10 update WPA-invalid-2/4-key-msg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to WiFi after Windows 10 update WPA-invalid-2/4-key-msg: After our laptops update to Windows 10 v2004 (the May 2020 update), they will no longer connect to our WPA2-Enterprise FortiAP WiFi network. We have troubleshooted and checked our RADIUS/NPS settings, and they are correct. The users get authenticated, but the connection fails...
  6. Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004: Is it safe to install Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004... Are all issues solved..? 160526
  7. Problems faced after May 2020 Update 2004

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems faced after May 2020 Update 2004: Following are the problems that I've been facing since the last update on my Lenovo X120e laptop: 1. MS One Drive has stopped working. It asks for credentials everytime and when the credentials are provided, it asks to choose the folder. Once the folder is chosen, it...
  8. 2004 May 2020 Feature Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2004 May 2020 Feature Update: A couple of weeks ago I received a notification that the latest feature update was due to be installed on my computer 2004. I postponed the update for a week because I was working on something. But a week later when I pressed "update and restart" on the main menu, nothing....
  9. Windows 10 2004 May 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 May 2020 update: Hi all I upgraded my PCs to widnows 10 2004 release on the day it becane avaialbe on 28th May. I’ve noticed since then that there are no new updates in Windows update when I check. I thought after 5 days there would at least be a security update or some other kind of...
  10. Cortana on Windows 10 May 2020 Update 2004

in Cortana
    Cortana on Windows 10 May 2020 Update 2004: I just installed the new Windows 10 update onto my PC and I notice that Cortana is back on my Start Menu! It wasn't there on the previous version, what can I do to remove the application from my start menu?[ATTACH]...