Windows 10: Can't connect to WiFi after Windows 10 update WPA-invalid-2/4-key-msg

Discus and support Can't connect to WiFi after Windows 10 update WPA-invalid-2/4-key-msg in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After our laptops update to Windows 10 v2004 (the May 2020 update), they will no longer connect to our WPA2-Enterprise FortiAP WiFi network. We have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vorsoth100, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Can't connect to WiFi after Windows 10 update WPA-invalid-2/4-key-msg

After our laptops update to Windows 10 v2004 (the May 2020 update), they will no longer connect to our WPA2-Enterprise FortiAP WiFi network. We have troubleshooted and checked our RADIUS/NPS settings, and they are correct. The users get authenticated, but the connection fails with this message in the FortiGate Logs:

WPA-invalid-2/4-key-msg
    Probably wrong password entered, invalid MIC in 2/4 message of 4-way handshake from client

The laptop's event logs report "Dynamic Key exchange did not succeed withing configured time"

Other laptops still on Windows 10 1909 can connect just fine. And if we roll back the Windows 10 update to 1909, it will connect again. If we take the laptop to our other office with Aruba AP's they connect just fine. So it's something to do with the Windows 10 2004 update and the FortiAP 221E Access Points. We just can't figure out how to fix it.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

:)

vorsoth100, Jul 14, 2020
  2. legend383 Win User

"Can't connect to this network."

I just bought a wifi card for my windows 10 desktop (a tp-link archer t8e) and cannot connect to my network.

I have the wifi icon on the tray, I can get a list of available networks but after entering the wpa key for my network it just shows the message "Can't connect to this network."

Network diagnosis just suggested connecting to a wifi network (why didn't I think of that...), does anyone here have any clue as to what the problem could be?

UPDATE: Just noticed that the wifi adapter is being disabled briefly just after I enter the network password, no idea what's going on.

legend383, Jul 14, 2020
  3. so051225 Win User
    Reset the WPA pre-shared key of Wifi Connection?

I use TPlink wireless router as an access point to let my Nokia 5530 connect to internet.

Now, i had changed the WPA pre-shared key in the router, but i can't change the setting of my phone, so, it always pop up an invalid key message, i can't connect to internet.

Is there any way to reset the key of a wifi connection?

so051225, Jul 14, 2020
  4. geo2142 Win User

Can't connect to WiFi after Windows 10 update WPA-invalid-2/4-key-msg

5800: Invalid WPA pre-shared key error

I have the same problem, please help me i can't connect to wireless networks , it says : Invalid WPA preshared key...

geo2142, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Can't connect to WiFi after Windows 10 update WPA-invalid-2/4-key-msg

1. Can't connect to WiFi after Windows 10 update WPA-invalid-2/4-key-msg - Similar Threads - Can't connect WiFi

2. Can't connect wifi after update windows 10 KB5028166

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't connect wifi after update windows 10 KB5028166: I use laptop Alienware R3. After update Windows ver KB5028166, i can't connect wifi, i try run the Network Troubleshooter but but it didn't work. I think the version has changed some security issue. After uninstalling the update everything works fine. Is there any way to fix...
  3. Can't connect wifi after update windows 10 KB5028166

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect wifi after update windows 10 KB5028166: I use laptop Alienware R3. After update Windows ver KB5028166, i can't connect wifi, i try run the Network Troubleshooter but but it didn't work. I think the version has changed some security issue. After uninstalling the update everything works fine. Is there any way to fix...
  4. Windows 10 cannot connect to WPA WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 cannot connect to WPA WiFi: My laptop is running on windows 10 version 2004. Whenever I try to connect to a certain wifi it says “not connected, secured”. I suspect this is because the wifi is secured by WPA, which is “weak security”. How do i get my computer to connect regardless of this security? I...
  5. Can't connect to WiFi after Windows 10 May 2020 update v.2004 - WPA-invalid-2/4-key-msg

Can't connect to WiFi after Windows 10 May 2020 update v.2004 - WPA-invalid-2/4-key-msg: After our laptops update to Windows 10 v2004, they will no longer connect to our WPA2-Enterprise FortiAP WiFi network. We have troubleshooted and checked our RADIUS/NPS settings, and they are correct. The users get authenticated, but the connection fails with this message in...
  6. Can't connect to WiFi After Windows update

Can't connect to WiFi After Windows update: Hello, So my wifi seems to be unable to work after I did an update to 1803. My wifi adapter seems to be working and is able to be detected by windows but there's a red 'X' on it(as you can see from the screenshot below) but there are no wifi settings at all. I'm using the...
  7. Can't connect to WiFi after update

Can't connect to WiFi after update: My specs: Ryzen 3 3.2Ghz Gtx 1050ti WiFi card- TP link :qualcom atheros communications Inc 8GB of DDR4 3200Mhz RAM After several updates I have lost the ability to connect to WiFi, The router appears but when I try to connect it says "unable to connect to this network". On...
  8. Can't connect to WiFi after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't connect to WiFi after update: My specs: Ryzen 3 3.2Ghz Gtx 1050ti WiFi card- TP link :qualcom atheros communications Inc 8GB of DDR4 3200Mhz RAM After several updates I have lost the ability to connect to WiFi, The router appears but when I try to connect it says "unable to connect to this network". On...
  9. Can't connect to wifi after Windows Update

Can't connect to wifi after Windows Update: I just installed the latest Windows Update, but after installing it, my PC can no longer connect to wi-fi. The network troubleshooter only tells me to connect an ethernet cable and doesn't offer any solutions for how to fix the wireless connection at all. In fact, everything...
  10. Can't connect to wifi after windows 10 update

Can't connect to wifi after windows 10 update: When trying to connect to wifi it says "can't connect to this network". I reset the laptop (HP 650) to it's original factory settings and installed an earlier version of Windows 10. Used a program to update the network adapters. And still no connection. I can connect with...