Windows 10: Can’t Connect To Wifi Anymore

Discus and support Can’t Connect To Wifi Anymore in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yesterday my laptop was fine, today I have not been able to connect to the internet due to it being “off.” Well I followed some videos, tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/masterballboy, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Can’t Connect To Wifi Anymore

Yesterday my laptop was fine, today I have not been able to connect to the internet due to it being “off.” Well I followed some videos, tried to install updated driver via external hard drive, then reset and reinstalled Windows. NOW I don’t even have the wifi option. It does not even appear in the settings.

When I troubleshoot I get “Install Driver for your Network Adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver.”

It’s an ASUS Notebook Model Q526F. Windows 10 on 64-bit operating system. If anybody can help I’d be so grateful. I have tried the hard shutdown and that didn’t work for me. I don’t even know who to contact at this point.

submitted by /u/masterballboy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/masterballboy, Jul 11, 2020
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Can’t connect to wifi on Windows 10

Hello everyone,

I bought a new pc yesterday with Windows 10 on it, and it worked just fine. I could connect to the internet using wifi without any issues.

However, when I turned on my pc today I suddenly couldn’t connect to wifi anymore. I know there is no problem with my wifi though since I can still connect to it using my phone. There is a network icon in my icon tray, but nothing for wifi. I can’t select
    wifi options in my network tab in the control panel either. It’s not shown under network adaptors in my device manager. Restarted my router several times and rebooted my pc. Nothing seems to work.

Several guides I found online didn’t work, so I’m at a loss. Can anyone please walk me through this?

JeffreyScholman, Jul 11, 2020
  4. simrick Win User

Can’t Connect To Wifi Anymore

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Can’t Connect To Wifi Anymore

1. Can’t Connect To Wifi Anymore - Similar Threads - Can’t Connect Wifi

2. Can’t connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t connect to wifi: I don’t know what happened but i was on my pc and then i turned it off then later i turned it back on then. Then it won’t connect to the wifi i try connecting and it says checking system’s requirements and then when that happens it checks for a while then i put the password...
  3. Can’t connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t connect to wifi: I don’t know what happened but i was on my pc and then i turned it off then later i turned it back on then. Then it won’t connect to the wifi i try connecting and it says checking system’s requirements and then when that happens it checks for a while then i put the password...
  4. Network got reset. Can’t connect to wifi anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network got reset. Can’t connect to wifi anymore: My network got reset and now I can no longer find and connect to my wifi. The list of available networks is not showing up either.I tired connecting using the Internet cable but it still shows no wifi. The network settings show that my wifi is still enabled though....
  5. Network got reset. Can’t connect to wifi anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network got reset. Can’t connect to wifi anymore: My network got reset and now I can no longer find and connect to my wifi. The list of available networks is not showing up either.I tired connecting using the Internet cable but it still shows no wifi. The network settings show that my wifi is still enabled though....
  6. Network got reset. Can’t connect to wifi anymore

7. Can’t connect to wifi

Can’t connect to wifi: I can not connect to my wifi because i get the error IP does not have a valid IP configuration and The default gateway is not available. Which is strage because every other device can connect to the wifi and it works fine. In addtion when i HotSpot my pc the hotspot inernet...
  8. Can’t connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t connect to wifi: Not sure why this happened as I had only been loading up a game but all of a sudden my internet stopped working. The wifi icon is gone from my taskbar and if I go to the action centre to see the networks, no networks show up and every time I try to go into the network...
  9. Can’t connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can’t connect to wifi: My computer won’t connect to the internet. It says “windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver” I don’t know what to do!...
  10. Can’t connect to wifi

Can’t connect to wifi: First of all, i cant see the wifi icon in the taskbar. when i click on “show networks” in setting/internet nothing happens, just a textbox sayin “internet confuguration”, and it takes me to setting/internet again....