Windows 10: Can’t connect to wifi

Discus and support Can’t connect to wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can not connect to my wifi because i get the error IP does not have a valid IP configuration and The default gateway is not available. Which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jared Quinones, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Can’t connect to wifi

I can not connect to my wifi because i get the error IP does not have a valid IP configuration and The default gateway is not available. Which is strage because every other device can connect to the wifi and it works fine. In addtion when i HotSpot my pc the hotspot inernet works fine so its just the wifi and my pc. I have tried most methods ive seen nothing works

:)

Jared Quinones, Nov 23, 2020
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Nov 23, 2020
  3. brannell Win User
    Can´t connect to my Wifi network

Hi everyone,

I can´t connect to my Wifi from my desktop with Window 10. I had an ethernet cable before and it worked perfectly but now I can´t connect my computer to the router through the cable anymore.

For some reason it detects my wifi network but when i try to connect it says i cant connect.

I followed a few tutorials online of how to fix it and still didn´t work.

any help please???

thanks in advance

Ramon

brannell, Nov 23, 2020
  4. simrick Win User

Can’t connect to wifi

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Can’t connect to wifi

1. Can’t connect to wifi - Similar Threads - Can’t connect wifi

2. Laptop can’t connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop can’t connect to wifi: my laptop everytime I try to connect to my WiFi says “can’t connect to this network”. I’ve tried every step given by Microsoft and YouTubers, none work. The WiFi works on every other device in the house but mine. The laptop also works on other WiFi’s but this specific one....
  3. Can’t connect to my wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t connect to my wifi: My acer swift 3 can’t connect to my home wifi but can connect to my hospot and other wifi.. it will display “can’t connect to this network”.. so i resolved this..Because i can connect my home wifi with my phone but my laptop can’t...
  4. Can’t connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t connect to wifi: I don’t know what happened but i was on my pc and then i turned it off then later i turned it back on then. Then it won’t connect to the wifi i try connecting and it says checking system’s requirements and then when that happens it checks for a while then i put the password...
  5. Can’t connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t connect to wifi: I don’t know what happened but i was on my pc and then i turned it off then later i turned it back on then. Then it won’t connect to the wifi i try connecting and it says checking system’s requirements and then when that happens it checks for a while then i put the password...
  6. Can’t connect to wifi

7. Can’t connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t connect to wifi: Not sure why this happened as I had only been loading up a game but all of a sudden my internet stopped working. The wifi icon is gone from my taskbar and if I go to the action centre to see the networks, no networks show up and every time I try to go into the network...
  8. Can’t connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can’t connect to wifi: My computer won’t connect to the internet. It says “windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver” I don’t know what to do!...
  9. Can’t connect to WiFi network

Can’t connect to WiFi network: Hello, I have tried everything including reinstalling my network adapter driver, running troubleshooting for the adapter, running troubleshooting for dell — SupportAssist, yet every time I try to connect to my WiFi network which did work properly for a couple of days before...
  10. Can’t connect to wifi

Can’t connect to wifi: First of all, i cant see the wifi icon in the taskbar. when i click on “show networks” in setting/internet nothing happens, just a textbox sayin “internet confuguration”, and it takes me to setting/internet again....