Windows 10: Can't connect to Windows Update Server

Discus and support Can't connect to Windows Update Server in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Yes it is using a wifi connection and I do not use the metered function. I have also tried an Ethernet connection and still no go. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VE3YF, Aug 9, 2016.

1. VE3YF Win User

Can't connect to Windows Update Server

Yes it is using a wifi connection and I do not use the metered function. I have also tried an Ethernet connection and still no go.

VE3YF, Aug 11, 2016
  2. dalchina New Member

Have you tried any of the other things in the article I posted?

dalchina, Aug 11, 2016
  3. Samuria Win User
    What's in your host file?

Samuria, Aug 11, 2016
  4. VE3YF Win User

Yes I did, went thru all the 7 pages. Most of the solutions were repetitive so it wasn't that bad.

VE3YF, Aug 11, 2016
  5. VE3YF Win User
    There is nothing other than the 4 lines that have the # first. I checked my other computers and all the hosts file are identical

VE3YF, Aug 11, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Aug 11, 2016
  7. VE3YF Win User

Well I have come to my wits end on this one. Last night I said the heck with it and tried to go back to an earlier build and that also failed. What a mess. Good thing I only had a few programs installed, backed them up and did a clean install. All went perfect and none of the previous problems are present. I can't say this case is closed as others maybe having the same problems as I did. Thanks everyone for the assistance in this mess.

VE3YF, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't connect to Windows Update Server - Similar Threads - Can't connect Update

2. Can't connect to activation server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to activation server: I have a genuine copy of windows, but I got this error message:We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server.Make sure you're connected to your organization's network and try again. If you continue havingproblems with...
  3. Can't connect to activation server

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't connect to activation server: I have a genuine copy of windows, but I got this error message:We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server.Make sure you're connected to your organization's network and try again. If you continue havingproblems with...
  4. Can't connect to activation server

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't connect to update server?? What and where it that?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to update server?? What and where it that?: I am trying to update software on my computer and get the error on Windows Installer error code 1316.Also says can't connect to Update Service....
  6. Can't connect to Microsoft server

Can't connect to Microsoft server: I can't connect to the Microsoft server I tried all of the fixes being posted in the threads but nothing works. It always states a internet connection problem although I can visit all other sites. I also get the 0X80072EFD code when try to open the Microsoft store...
  7. can't connect to the organisation server

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can't connect to the organisation server: while i try to change my product key it shows the error can't connect to the server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-the-organisation-server/f939a736-2690-4a30-a651-dd1e23e09908
  8. Can't connect to Bingo Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to Bingo Server: I have not been able to play Bingo for the past 5 or 6 days. I get the Server Connection Error: "There was a problem connecting to the Bingo server. If the problem persists, please check the Bingo support page at http://aka.ms/msbingost" I went to the "support page"...
  9. Can't connect to game server

Can't connect to game server: I USED TO enjoy playing Bingo but the server connect error has gotten out of hand. One would think that the mega giant of computer software would be able to prevent the scammers from gaining access to your software. Any progress? Or have you just "swept it under the rug?"...
  10. Minecraft can't connect to Server's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft can't connect to Server's: Minecraft "Windows 10" editions is "Gaming on Windows 10" (Moderator) ! Even with all ports of game in forwarding (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live) configured in the Router I can't connect to Servers of Minecraft (servers...