Windows 10: Can't connect to wireless display

Discus and support Can't connect to wireless display in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Panasonic TV that has support for screen mirroring (Miracast). I checked through dxdiag, command prompt and Connect Store app, and all of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ksio89, Sep 6, 2018.

1. ksio89 Win User

Can't connect to wireless display

I have a Panasonic TV that has support for screen mirroring (Miracast). I checked through dxdiag, command prompt and Connect Store app, and all of them confirm that my laptop is compatible with this feature. However, I cannot connect to my TV wirelessly, Windows can find the TV, but I can never get to connect to it. I can see the TV on "Bluetooth and other devices" Settings menu and Connect side menu (Win + K shortcut). Sometimes the TV does detect an attempt to connect to it from the laptop and starts the connection procedure, but it does not work. As soon as it says the connection was made, the TV almost instantly states that the source has disconnect from it.

Screen mirroring works fine with all Android devices that I tested, so apparently, it's an issue with Windows itself, and not my TV. Does anyone know what shall I do to make Miracast work? Thanks in advance.

info:

OS: Windows 10 Home Single Language version 1803 (17134.254)
    TV: Panasonic TC-40DS600B

P.S.: the text isn't in English in the screenshots, but in the prompt command menu image, in the last line, it reads "Wireless display support": Yes (Graphics Driver: Yes, Wi-Fi Driver: Yes). The other screenshots are just to show you that Windows is able to see the TV. The first attachment is a dxdiag log, which says "Miracast: Available, with HDCP"

DxDiag.txt
    Can't connect to wireless display [​IMG]

:)

ksio89, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Windows Wireless Display Adapter-not connecting anymore

Hello Phillip,

Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue? I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in this support article:
    Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

Since updating drivers did not work, in addition, you can try to reset the Wireless Adapter.

1. On the adapter, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
    2. When the message " Ready to connect "shows, open the
      Action Center.
    3. Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select
      Microsoft
      Wireless Display Adapter.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Janeane Cru Win User
    wireless display adapter model 1628

Hi Rudy,

Connecting to a wireless display requires a device that supports Miracast. For us to identify the cause of this issue, please answer the below questions:

In the meantime, we suggest performing the given steps on this article:
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Not able to connect wireless display

Hi Madhu,

For us to provide a solution suited to your wireless display concern, we need additional information. Can you answer the questions below?

• Were there any changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    • Did you update your Windows?
    • Have you tried other troubleshooting steps so far?

In the meantime, we suggest updating your wireless driver and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.

• Look for Network adapterand click it to expand.

• Select the driver then right-click on it and select Properties.

• Under Driver tab, click the Update Driver button to update the driver.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Anne Ros, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't connect to wireless display - Similar Threads - Can't connect wireless

2. Can't Connect To Microsoft Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Connect To Microsoft Display Adapter: The other day I was using my MDA with my laptop and tv and it froze up. Everything locked up until it dropped the connection between the tv and laptop. Since then I can't connect to the MDA again. I have been using the same setup for 3 years. I have tried everything I could...
  3. Connect a Windows 10 Laptop to 2 Wireless displays

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect a Windows 10 Laptop to 2 Wireless displays: Good afternoon good Microsoft people, My workplace recently got 2 Roku TVs, that are perfect for connecting to wirelessly. However, when I attempt to connect to the second one, the first disconnects. I saw that there was a microsoft help page about how to do this, but it...
  4. Cannot connect Wireless Display

Cannot connect Wireless Display: I don’t know what’s happened but since July I cannot connect a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter_70 to my Microsoft Surface Pro. What’s the problem?...
  5. Unable to connect to a wireless display (panasonic smart tv)

Unable to connect to a wireless display (panasonic smart tv): Hi, I got an aftershock desktop on windows 10 that is unable to connect to a wireless display. Please see below picture. [ATTACH] But using my Acer Travelmate259 with windows 10 I have no issues connecting and using it as my display extension. Can you kindly help to...
  6. I have issue on Connecting to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have issue on Connecting to a wireless display: I have issue on Connecting to a wireless display, I use the function on Setting\Display and the option close to the bottom "Connect to a wireless display" in the right hand side bar, it showed my TV id. And I click on that, system spinning a while and say 'Couldn't...
  7. Wireless Connections

Wireless Connections: I currently use Windows 10 Home Edition on my laptop and I suspect that there are some additional wireless connections configured. I thinks this connection may be used for snooping and seek your help in identifying these connections and also wish to understand how to control...
  8. Can't display list of available wireless networks

Can't display list of available wireless networks: No error given, it just does nothing when i click on the internet access icon. I checked through the network diagnostics and i can see the name, signal strength etc of assorted wifi routers on this street being given correctly, so presumably hardware is fine and driver is...
  9. I can't get my wireless to connect

I can't get my wireless to connect: I can't get my wireless to connect in any way. It was connected at one point changed nothing, but did get a few updates. could not connect wirelessly before the update and still can't connect after. Checked all settings, and due to smart TV, can't use mac filtering which is...
  10. Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10: Nice tutorial Shawn! I'm happy that Anniversary Update seems to have solved connectivity issues with Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, it was before like a lottery to try to connect to it, sometimes you won but often not. Now with 14393.10 it connects every time, keeping...