Windows 10: Can’t Connect to Wireless Display

Discus and support Can’t Connect to Wireless Display in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS13 running Windows 10 and an LG 49UH6030 Smart TV that I’m trying to screen share to. When I try to connect, it attempts for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JarrellWashinugton, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Can’t Connect to Wireless Display

I have a Dell XPS13 running Windows 10 and an LG 49UH6030 Smart TV that I’m trying to screen share to. When I try to connect, it attempts for a few seconds before my computer automatically is booted from my wifi and I get the message, “Couldn’t Connect.”

My screen share used to work flawlessy until a Windows 10 update released towards the beginning of 2018. I have seen quite a few posts asking this question and with the exact same

issues, but no answer as of yet. Just like the rest of the posters, I have gone through all the basic troubleshooting steps provided by representatives.

Has anyone had any luck finding the root cause of this issue? It seems way to common for no solution to have been determined. Thanks everyone!

:)

JarrellWashinugton, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Windows Wireless Display Adapter-not connecting anymore

Hello Phillip,

Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue? I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in this support article:
    Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

Since updating drivers did not work, in addition, you can try to reset the Wireless Adapter.

1. On the adapter, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
    2. When the message " Ready to connect "shows, open the
      Action Center.
    3. Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select
      Microsoft
      Wireless Display Adapter.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Jan 11, 2019
  3. wireless display adapter model 1628

Hi Rudy,

Connecting to a wireless display requires a device that supports Miracast. For us to identify the cause of this issue, please answer the below questions:

In the meantime, we suggest performing the given steps on this article:
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Can’t Connect to Wireless Display

Not able to connect wireless display

Hi Madhu,

For us to provide a solution suited to your wireless display concern, we need additional information. Can you answer the questions below?

• Were there any changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    • Did you update your Windows?
    • Have you tried other troubleshooting steps so far?

In the meantime, we suggest updating your wireless driver and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.

• Look for Network adapterand click it to expand.

• Select the driver then right-click on it and select Properties.

• Under Driver tab, click the Update Driver button to update the driver.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Can’t Connect to Wireless Display

1. Can’t Connect to Wireless Display - Similar Threads - Can’t Connect Wireless

2. Connect To Wireless Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect To Wireless Display: What devices can my Windows 10 tablet connect to? I have a Chromecast and Roku 4 on my TV but it sees neither of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-to-wireless-display/75ce0788-5464-4ff2-b765-28ea12d179f0
  3. Unable to Connect to a Wireless Display

Unable to Connect to a Wireless Display: Hello, I would like to cast my SurfacePro onto my all-in-one PC. I tried to do it using the "Connect to a Wireless Display" option, but at the end of the process a message comes up on my PC stating "protected content can't be viewed on this device." How can I fix this, or...
  4. Can’t connect to hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t connect to hotspot: "Hi, i am using window 10, are up to date, why sometime can connect to my iphone 7plus (updated ios) hotspot via wifi, and sometimes cant, dont have this issue before this, but recently most of the time i cant connect t hotspot through wifi" The issue is can’t connect to...
  5. Can't connect to wireless display

Can't connect to wireless display: I have a Panasonic TV that has support for screen mirroring (Miracast). I checked through dxdiag, command prompt and Connect Store app, and all of them confirm that my laptop is compatible with this feature. However, I cannot connect to my TV wirelessly, Windows can find the...
  6. Can’t connect to internet

Can’t connect to internet: Bougt a new laptop from Currys. It was the ex demo so they had to reset it. Now ive got home after the reset and i cant connect to Wifi as in its not even an option! All i can use is dial up and vpn. Theres no option for connectig to wifi. It had wifi before the reset so...
  7. Can’t connect to the internet

Can’t connect to the internet: Hi, I have Windows 10 and I am not able to connect to a certain WiFi. I have no trouble connecting to another WiFi but for this one it keeps saying that the security key is incorrect. However, I know I am not putting it in incorrectly as I have checked multiple times and...
  8. Cannot connect Wireless Display

Cannot connect Wireless Display: I don’t know what’s happened but since July I cannot connect a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter_70 to my Microsoft Surface Pro. What’s the problem?...
  9. I have issue on Connecting to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have issue on Connecting to a wireless display: I have issue on Connecting to a wireless display, I use the function on Setting\Display and the option close to the bottom "Connect to a wireless display" in the right hand side bar, it showed my TV id. And I click on that, system spinning a while and say 'Couldn't...
  10. Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10: Nice tutorial Shawn! I'm happy that Anniversary Update seems to have solved connectivity issues with Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, it was before like a lottery to try to connect to it, sometimes you won but often not. Now with 14393.10 it connects every time, keeping...