Windows 10: Can't connect to work shared network drive

Discus and support Can't connect to work shared network drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, I'm trying to connect to the shared network drive so I can work from home, however I'm having a hard time doing so. I keep getting an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/magginator8, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Can't connect to work shared network drive

Hi guys, I'm trying to connect to the shared network drive so I can work from home, however I'm having a hard time doing so.

I keep getting an error stating Windows cannot access .... Check the spelling of the name, otherwise there may be a problem with your network.

This is what I've tried, but I get this error

\\lowrie.princeton.edu\

\\lowrie\

What am I doing wrong?

submitted by /u/magginator8
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/magginator8, Apr 9, 2020

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Apr 10, 2020
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Can't connect to work shared network drive

Windows 10 1903 cant connect to our network shared drives.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the error message that you get when connecting using Map Drive?
    2. What is the error message that you get when accessing the Network Share drives?
    3. Is the computer connected to any Domain Network?
    4. What changes were made to the Group Policy in 1809 Version?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to access the Shared Drives.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, please refer this link:
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

• Press the Windows and R Keys > Type
      Regedit > Hit Enter.
    • Navigate to the following key from the left pane.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ System

• Right-click on System > Click on
      New > DWORD.
    • Give the DWORD name as EnableLinkedConnections and the
      Value data to 1.
    • Click on OK > Restart the computer once and check if the issue persists.

If the computer is not connected to Domain Network, then I suggest you to please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

If the computer is connected to any Domain Network, then I suggest you to post your query in
    IT Pro TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals, who are well equipped with the knowledge
    on Network Share Drives on the domain-related computers.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Can't connect to work shared network drive

1. Can't connect to work shared network drive - Similar Threads - Can't connect shared

2. Can't connect to shared drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to shared drive connected to router: I have a TP-Link Archer GX90 gaming router with a Seagate 16TB portable hard drive connected to the router via the USB port. The router recognizes the hard drive and I have set the drive to be shared using the router's interface. I am able to access the drive over the network...
  3. Can't connect to shared drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to shared drive connected to router: I have a TP-Link Archer GX90 gaming router with a Seagate 16TB portable hard drive connected to the router via the USB port. The router recognizes the hard drive and I have set the drive to be shared using the router's interface. I am able to access the drive over the network...
  4. Can't connect to shared drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't copy to shared network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't copy to shared network drive: I have a NAS drive that two Win 10 computers can write to with no problem but a Win 11 computer gives me a 0x80070026 Reached the end of the file when I try to copy or save anything to it. Strange thing about it is some programs will save a file to this drive with no problem...
  6. Can't copy to shared network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't copy to shared network drive: I have a NAS drive that two Win 10 computers can write to with no problem but a Win 11 computer gives me a 0x80070026 Reached the end of the file when I try to copy or save anything to it. Strange thing about it is some programs will save a file to this drive with no problem...
  7. Can't access a shared network drive

Can't access a shared network drive: I have a Windows desktop system here to which I need to connect my two Windows laptops. Laptop1 connects fine but laptop2 returns an error to the effect that I need permission to access that system. But obviously I've done everything on the desktop system that needs to be...
  8. Network Connection to Shared Drive No Longer Working

Network Connection to Shared Drive No Longer Working: At our company we have a Windows 7 computer that has a shared drive. Everyone in the company has access to it. Last week I lost access to this shared drive. When I click on the mapped drive I get the message, "An error occurred while connecting to S: to \\server...
  9. How to connect to Shared Network drive when not on the network?

How to connect to Shared Network drive when not on the network?: How do I connect to a shared network drive I have setup on my Windows 2012 R2 standard server at home, from my Windows 10 pro laptop is at work? Do I have to setup a vpn on windows 2012 server and connect to it from my laptop? Someone told me something about doing it that...
  10. Can't connect to network drives

Can't connect to network drives: Hi, I recently lost access to my 2 network drives. Both are connected to the router via Ethernet and I myself am connected to the router via Ethernet as well. Internet access is not a problem nor is file sharing with my girlfriend's laptop connected via Wifi. I doubt it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot connect network drive windows 10