Windows 10: can't connect to www.ancestry.com

Discus and support can't connect to www.ancestry.com in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; can't connect to www.ancestry.com... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by REBECCAHARRIS2, Mar 16, 2020.

1. can't connect to www.ancestry.com

can't connect to www.ancestry.com

:)

REBECCAHARRIS2, Mar 16, 2020

2. unable to access Ancestry website after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi Jerri,

The above issue might occur due to certain internet components missing or if the website is blocked in the internet/browser settings on the computer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• How did you upgrade to Windows 10 (via Windows Updates or Media Creation Tool)?
    • Did you check if similar issue persists on accessing the account using Internet Explorer?
    • Does the issue occur only on accessing Ancestry website in the browser?
    • How are you connected to internet on the computer (Wired or Wi-Fi)?

Check if similar issue occurs on accessing Ancestry website in Internet Explorer browser on the computer. If the issue persists only on accessing Ancestry website on the computer, run
    Internet Connections troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if any of the internet components is missing or corrupted on the computer.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Internet Connections, click on
      Advanced
      and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooter to complete.
    • Check the status after the troubleshooting is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

You can also try contacting Ancestry support forum for further assistance on the issue.

Ancestry support forum: AncestrySupport

Write to us with the answers to the above issue and the status of not able to access Ancestry website after upgrading to Windows 10 on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you
    accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Ancestry and Internet Explorer

I can get into ancestry with google but not internet Explorer. This is the place that family tree maker defaults to when trying to sync trees with ancestry. Ancestry will not open here. What can I do to fix this

kathyb_364, Mar 16, 2020
  4. JeanBoon1 Win User

Unable to open Ancestry

When trying to access Ancestry I get a message saying this page cannot be displayed. I run the 'looking for a connection problem' to no avail.

JeanBoon1, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. can't connect to www.ancestry.com - Similar Threads - can't connect www

2. Problem to connect to virtual COM port in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem to connect to virtual COM port in Windows 10: I have a bluetooth module in my new Board I have a good communication with My android Cellphone but when I Start to develop an APP with C# App in Windows 10, I had a problem.I can see the virtual port, but I can not open that and I can not send any thing on that.I recive this...
  3. Problem to connect to virtual COM port in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem to connect to virtual COM port in Windows 10: I have a bluetooth module in my new Board I have a good communication with My android Cellphone but when I Start to develop an APP with C# App in Windows 10, I had a problem.I can see the virtual port, but I can not open that and I can not send any thing on that.I recive this...
  4. What is www.007guard.com?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is www.007guard.com?!: I was looking through my resource manager and found a domain called www.007guard.com in the network activity section. I’ve only seen it pop up when starting up nvidia GeForce experience and steam, I looked around and heard things about it possibly being malicious, I’ve looked...
  5. What is www.007guard.com?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is www.007guard.com?!: I was looking through my resource manager and found a domain called www.007guard.com in the network activity section. I’ve only seen it pop up when starting up nvidia GeForce experience and steam, I looked around and heard things about it possibly being malicious, I’ve looked...
  6. What is www.007guard.com?!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Can't Open Com Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Open Com Port: I am running into an issue with multiple hardware devices and multiple applications when I try to connect to a USB device, Like a USB to serial converter, applications show com port in use or can't open com port, the work around I have found is to connect to the devices...
  8. which COM port to connect my switch console

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    which COM port to connect my switch console: I was not able to connect to my switch console with COM Serial Port. I check the device manager found two : Standard Serial Over BluetoohCOM3 and Standard Serial Over BluetoohCOM4. I tried serial connection using Putty to connect both COM3 and COM4 but it doesnt work. What...
  9. pop ups .. www watchsportslive HELP PLEASE ... THANKS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pop ups .. www watchsportslive HELP PLEASE ... THANKS: pop ups .. Lots of them: they all have this name. www dot watchsportslive dot net HELP PLEASE ... THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pop-ups-www-watchsportslive-help-please-thanks/8253fa94-d673-4085-a32f-ba6ac80538ef
  10. Hide or Show WWW Subdomains of URLs in Address Bar of Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show WWW Subdomains of URLs in Address Bar of Google Chrome: How to: Hide or Show WWW Subdomains of URLs in Address Bar of Google Chrome Hide or Show Scheme and WWW Subdomains of URLs in Google Chrome Address Bar Starting with Google Chrome 69, Google has decided to hide the scheme (ex: "HTTPS:") and trivial subdomains (ex" "WWW"...