Windows 10: Can't connect TV to wireless display

Discus and support Can't connect TV to wireless display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't connect my Windows 10 desktop to my Samsung 7 Series TV as a wireless display. I have no problem connecting the TV to my Windows 10 laptop, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by scooter60624, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Can't connect TV to wireless display

I can't connect my Windows 10 desktop to my Samsung 7 Series TV as a wireless display. I have no problem connecting the TV to my Windows 10 laptop, but when I try to do connect my desktop it either fails to connect or it connects but the picture is all messed up.

:)

scooter60624, Jun 13, 2019
  2. allman105 Win User

wireless display - smart tv in connected device list, but not recognized as wireless display/monitor

Hi,

I have a Sharp Aquos Smart TV, and i want to mirror my PC to my TV. but when connecting wirelessly, my TV is recognized as Other Device, when it should be recognized as Wireless Display. So while my TV is in a list of Connected Device, but i can't project
    to it because it's not recognized as a wireless display.

How to move my TV from Other Device to Wireless Display?

allman105, Jun 13, 2019
  3. allman105 Win User
    wireless display - smart tv in connected device list, but not recognized as wireless display/monitor

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, but my issue is already beyond this. I have Windows 10 and it supports Miracast, and i can connect to wireless devices and already have a list of Connected Devices - the problem is, my Sharp AQUOS smart tv is listed as Other Device,
    and not as Wireless Display. So when i try to Project, i can't because there is no wireless display found, but my Sharp smart TV is already connected as Other Device.

The question is - why is my smart TV recognized as Other Device and not as Wireless Display? How to change my TV from Other Device to Wireless Display so i can project to it?

*my Sharp AQUOS smart TV can accept Chromecast seamlessly, from Google cast-supported apps or from the Chrome browser. but why Miracast can't?

allman105, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

Can't connect TV to wireless display

Can’t Connect to Wireless Display

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern, we will look into this for you. However, in order to get clarity of the issue and assist you with appropriate steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so for?

I suggest you to refer this article
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks
    and check with the issue.

The issue could also be specific to some systems including Dell XPS as the following article describes it. Please follow the instructions as given in the link.

Miracast Users May Encounter issues
    while connecting to wireless devices

Refer this article to know more about the
    Connection TV to PC

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Can't connect TV to wireless display

1. Can't connect TV to wireless display - Similar Threads - Can't connect wireless

2. Can't connect to wireless display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to wireless display: Whenever I try to use a wireless display, I get an error message saying, "Couldn't connect". I've tried several different TV's, all the same. I have other Windows 11 machines that can display just fine to those TVs. I do see an attempt being made on my TV, as I'd expect. I...
  3. Can't connect to wireless display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to wireless display: Whenever I try to use a wireless display, I get an error message saying, "Couldn't connect". I've tried several different TV's, all the same. I have other Windows 11 machines that can display just fine to those TVs. I do see an attempt being made on my TV, as I'd expect. I...
  4. Wireless display option missing, can't cast to TV

Wireless display option missing, can't cast to TV: Lenovo laptop, Win 11 installed, AMD Radeon Graphics.I have updated drivers. No problems with wi-fi. No display found when casting to wireless TV. Tried to add display. Win 11 won't add.Has worked in the past. Computer will detect display after I reboot laptop, turn off TV,...
  5. Connect to wireless display LG Smart TV

Connect to wireless display LG Smart TV: ** FYI none of the topics fit what my question is actually about, so I picked "Connect Phone to PC" even though that isn't my problem.**I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and other than the action center being dispersed into other areas, I haven't had any issues... until...
  6. Connect to wireless display LG Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to wireless display LG Smart TV: ** FYI none of the topics fit what my question is actually about, so I picked "Connect Phone to PC" even though that isn't my problem.**I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and other than the action center being dispersed into other areas, I haven't had any issues... until...
  7. Can't connect to wireless display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to wireless display: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rzfzr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/duy3dk/cant_connect_to_wireless_display/
  8. Wireless display fails to connect to my Samsung TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless display fails to connect to my Samsung TV: I click on my TV in Settings/Connect to a Wireless Display. My TV displays the message "Connecting to your PC" My laptop displays the message "Connecting to your Device" The laptop screen goes off. The TV screen goes black (like it is trying to connect). The laptop &...
  9. Can't connect to wireless display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to wireless display: I have a Panasonic TV that has support for screen mirroring (Miracast). I checked through dxdiag, command prompt and Connect Store app, and all of them confirm that my laptop is compatible with this feature. However, I cannot connect to my TV wirelessly, Windows can find the...
  10. Unable to connect to a wireless display (panasonic smart tv)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect to a wireless display (panasonic smart tv): Hi, I got an aftershock desktop on windows 10 that is unable to connect to a wireless display. Please see below picture. [ATTACH] But using my Acer Travelmate259 with windows 10 I have no issues connecting and using it as my display extension. Can you kindly help to...