Windows 10: Cant connect USB storage or SD cards since windows 10 insider download

Discus and support Cant connect USB storage or SD cards since windows 10 insider download in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Cant connect USB storage or SD cards since windows 10 insider download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by McDonaldDaren1, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Cant connect USB storage or SD cards since windows 10 insider download

Cant connect USB storage or SD cards since windows 10 insider download

:)

McDonaldDaren1, Sep 6, 2019
  2. user6867 Win User

SD Card Storage not appearing windows

I recently partitioned my sd card (100gb exfat and 20gb ext4) so I could install apps on the sd card using link2sd. Everything worked out except that the sd card storage (100gb) doesn't show up in windows any more (just phone storage). This means I have to take out my sd card and put it in the computer to put things on it. Obviously, I would rather be able to just plug the phone straight to the pc with usb. How do I get sd card storage again to appear in windows?

user6867, Sep 6, 2019
  3. I cannot open my SD card from the SD slot since I downloaded the new Windows 10.

Hello,

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you talking about Windows 10 anniversary update?
    • How about connecting other external USB devices?
    • Is this issue specific to the SD card?
    • Did you try connecting the SD card on different computer?

Most of the problems arises with the incompatible drivers. Suggest you to check and install all latest drivers for Windows 10 from Manufacturer's website. You can search them using your device model number. Most probably
    this should fix the issue.

Coming to the SD card issue, suggest you to check connecting it on different computer to see if it works fine there. Sometimes problem with the SD card or SD slot causes this kind of behavior. This might give us the clue on the
    root cause of the issue.

Let us know how it went.

Thank you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Cant connect USB storage or SD cards since windows 10 insider download

micro SD card corrupted?

Does your SD card work if you connect it to your computer?

If so, then what I would suggest is to backup it's content on your PC and format the SD card.

Once it's backed up, format the SD card through the phone.

Go to App List > Storage Sense > SD Card > Format SD Card to do that.

Regards

Denis

DenisLepoivre, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Cant connect USB storage or SD cards since windows 10 insider download

1. Cant connect USB storage or SD cards since windows 10 insider download - Similar Threads - Cant connect USB

2. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant download photos from sd card: Had Widows auto upgrade overnight - appearance of "Photos" changed - tried to download pictures from SD card - got an error message " Please Update your device settings to accept media transfer" - how do I do this ?...
  3. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant download photos from sd card: Had Widows auto upgrade overnight - appearance of "Photos" changed - tried to download pictures from SD card - got an error message " Please Update your device settings to accept media transfer" - how do I do this ?...
  4. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. No access to USB storage devices [USB / SD CARDS / EXTERNAL HD]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No access to USB storage devices [USB / SD CARDS / EXTERNAL HD]: Hi all, I have been smashing my head against this problem for several weeks. My current PC does not read / have access to reading any SD CARD / USB from my USB ports, like literally any of them.. I have isolated this to justthis PC and not the USB / SD CARDS as other...
  7. I cant download sd card to computer windows 10

I cant download sd card to computer windows 10: I cant download sd card to computer. Its just stopped working and does not show any options to place the photos. I believe it has also ruined the sd card as I cant find anything on it when placed back into camera. I am not a camera buff, but have been able to download and...
  8. Cant access USB or SD cards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant access USB or SD cards: So i have been trawling the web and bashing my head against the wall for hours. I cant access removable storage. It tells me i need to access the security tab in the properties menu, but there isn't one. Have tried everything in the video linked, but doesnt work. As...
  9. I cant get windows 10 update to download on my SD card!

I cant get windows 10 update to download on my SD card!: I tried changing the default storage location but it still says not enough storage, but I've only used 1.21 Gigabytes and I have 29 Gigabytes. What should I do?...
  10. Using Micro sd card for storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using Micro sd card for storage: Good day to all. I have this hp laptop with a ssd drive with the operating system, All my documents photos etc are on an external ssd in an enclosure connected with USB cable.I'm quite happy with the setup works okay I'd does what I want it to do. Friend of mine has a similar...