Windows 10: Cant connect using wifi card and ethernet says no internet yet internet works but is slow.

Discus and support Cant connect using wifi card and ethernet says no internet yet internet works but is slow. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There are no available networks and i can not open the network tab on taskbar as it is not there i have googled issues and it says it is enabled but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RyanDowney1, May 14, 2020.

1. Cant connect using wifi card and ethernet says no internet yet internet works but is slow.

There are no available networks and i can not open the network tab on taskbar as it is not there i have googled issues and it says it is enabled but its not there.

I go to settings>network and internet and there is nothing on network status so i clicked show available networks and it just says Ethernet no internet even thought i can use the internet. Everything works that requires internet apart from built in Microsoft apps for example the store or the Xbox app it says connect to internet which i can not because Ethernet has no internet even though it works and i cannot select any WiFi's for the WiFi card.

i have tried every fix like reinstalling network adapters, doing a network reset and flushing my dns using cmd. So i was like screw this i'm going to reset my PC so i was trying to remove everything and then it was undoing the reset and said an error occurred so googled fixes for that and it didn't work.

So please can someone tell me whats going on and how to fix it please.

:)

RyanDowney1, May 14, 2020
  2. revdrw Win User

WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

Fart

Brandon,

I don't know what I mean. YES ON WIF i can connect to the internet, but you cannot connect to anthing plugged into the same WIFI ROUTER with CAT5 Cable ethernet. My MacBook Pro has WIFI and ehternet, ethernet wont work, but wifi will. My Dell does not have wifi, and I cannot connect to the network or internet at all. As I mentioned, I changed the WIFI Router about a week ago, problem solved, for 3-4 days, now ethernet to the new router does not work again.

revdrw, May 14, 2020
  3. Windows10 1903 - Internet works but on settings and tray icon says "internet not connected"

Hello,

I made the following steps on my PC HP Windows 10:

1) I Reinstalled Windows 10 ( I had to do it because my PC was extremely slow);

2) After reinstalling Windows and connecting to internet via wifi (or ethernet similarly) I realized that Microsoft Edge and the Windows Store didn't work (saying no internet connection), but Internet Explorer and Chrome, Skype and other application successfully
    were using internet to browse and etc.

3) To fix the Edge problem, I made a network recovery (disable and re-enable network card) through the settings functionality and rebooted;

4) After rebooting the Microsoft Edge and Windows store issues were fixed : everything was working fine with intenet BUT a new issue came up : now, EVEN IF INTERNET WORKS FINE ON MY PC, WINDOWS in Settings/Network says "Internet NOT connected" and even
    the tray icon on the windows bar remains as a "globe" indicating no internet connection.

If I try to connect to my wifi connection, it connects and works but says "Internet not available" (and still the "globe" remains in the tray area and NOT CONNECTED in Settings/Network (actually internet keep on working fine on the PC). If I use an Ethernet
    Cable it connects and works, but still the "globe" remains in the tray area and NOT CONNECTED in Settings/Network (actually internet keep on working fine on the PC).

My questions is: how can I fix this issue ? Any idea? I realized it's a common problem on Windows 10 and some of you maybe found a solution.

Thanks.

WaltEn_900, May 14, 2020
  4. Cant connect using wifi card and ethernet says no internet yet internet works but is slow.

will not connect to internet WiFi or Ethernet

Hello, my windows 10 computer was fine and running well, now suddenly after I moved it will not connect to internet WiFi or Ethernet. I've replaced my WiFi card and the old one (only about a year old) works perfectly in another computer. When I run the diagnostic it tells me that the IP configuration is not correct. When I go in and fix that the WiFi will come on for a brief moment then go away and give me the same error. I've tried everything google has told me to do. My friend and I are stumped. It has never had this issue before

Maddisonbelle, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Cant connect using wifi card and ethernet says no internet yet internet works but is slow.

1. Cant connect using wifi card and ethernet says no internet yet internet works but is slow. - Similar Threads - Cant connect using

2. Internet not working Wifi & Ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet not working Wifi & Ethernet: Hello,I have been suffering from this problem and I am going to lose my mind because of it!I have searched and tried many methods from different resources and none worked for me, including but not limited to Microsoft's...
  3. Internet not working Wifi & Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet not working Wifi & Ethernet: Hello,I have been suffering from this problem and I am going to lose my mind because of it!I have searched and tried many methods from different resources and none worked for me, including but not limited to Microsoft's...
  4. Ethernet says connected, but no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet says connected, but no internet.: Hello all.I am coming here today as a last resort seeking help on a new issue that has developed for me the past few days.When I connect my ethernet cord to my motherboard, it says connected and has the symbol that shows connected but I have no internet. I tested the cord on...
  5. Ethernet says connected, but no internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet says connected, but no internet.: Hello all.I am coming here today as a last resort seeking help on a new issue that has developed for me the past few days.When I connect my ethernet cord to my motherboard, it says connected and has the symbol that shows connected but I have no internet. I tested the cord on...
  6. Ethernet says connected, but no internet.

7. Cant use wifi card and no network icon on desktop as well as ethernet says no internet but...

Cant use wifi card and no network icon on desktop as well as ethernet says no internet but...: There are no available networks and i can not open the network tab on taskbar as it is not there i have googled issues and it says it is enabled but its not there. I go to settings>network and internet and there is nothing on network status so i clicked show available...
  8. Wifi and Ethernet not connecting to Internet

Wifi and Ethernet not connecting to Internet: Sony Vaio FW Series laptop running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit I am not able to connect to Wifi network or using Ethernet cable. Error Message while connecting to wifi network - Can't connect to this network. I have tried reinstalling Windows 10, resetting wifi adapter...
  9. Ethernet says it is connected but internet isn't working

Ethernet says it is connected but internet isn't working: I've been trying to work through this issue for about a week now. My ethernet is shows it is connected, but is unable to open any web pages or actually show a connection. I have tried: Running Network Diagnostics (multiple/differing errors every time, and sometimes no...
  10. will not connect to internet WiFi or Ethernet

will not connect to internet WiFi or Ethernet: Hello, my windows 10 computer was fine and running well, now suddenly after I moved it will not connect to internet WiFi or Ethernet. I've replaced my WiFi card and the old one (only about a year old) works perfectly in another computer. When I run the diagnostic it tells me...