Windows 10: Can't connect w/ remote desktop from one PC but others work

Discus and support Can't connect w/ remote desktop from one PC but others work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have four PCs - A, B, C, D. They're all running Win10 on a private home network connection and all allow remote desktop connections. I use the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rgames, Dec 28, 2016.

1. rgames Win User

Can't connect w/ remote desktop from one PC but others work

I have four PCs - A, B, C, D. They're all running Win10 on a private home network connection and all allow remote desktop connections. I use the same local username/password on all.

B, C and D will connect to any other machine. A will connect to B and C but not D - it sees D on the network but my username/password never work. In fact, I can remote in to B from A then remote from that remote connection into D. But that's a pretty convoluted way of getting from A to D.

Any guesses what could be different about A that it will not connect to D but B and C will connect with the same credentials?

Thanks in advance,

:)

rgames, Dec 28, 2016

2. Remote Desktop

Hello, I have a Windows 10 laptop and I can't connect to my SBS 2011 remote web workplace. When I click on my computer to connect I get an error that remote desktop gateway not available. This only happens on 1 users PC, all other PCs can connect. I've
    narrowed it down to the Remote Desktop activex mstsax.dll which is not loaded in the add-ons in Internet Explorer. The .dll file is in system32 and is the current version like the other Pcs. I've tried all the suggestions about changing activex behavior in
    Security settings. How can I get this activex to load?

JeffWoodrum, Dec 28, 2016
  3. joerango Win User
    Remote Desktop App not working

I am using the non-metro (old-style) Remote Desktop client to remotely access a VirtualBox VM (using the remote display option). This works perfectly fine. I am not able to use the new Remote Desktop Metro app to connect to the same machine.

I am running Windows 10 home on my client machine. To summarize: The server is perfectly fine and it works well with the old remote desktop client application. My problem is with the new Remote Desktop App. It stays on 'Initiating remote connection' then
    fails with the error 'Can't connect to remote PC'. I have tried both version of the metro app, the one that came with windows 10 and the new preview version. Both don't work.

What's wrong with the new metro style RDP client?

joerango, Dec 28, 2016
  4. Can't connect w/ remote desktop from one PC but others work

One thing I would try just to make sure they are all the same.

Right click on Network in systray, open network and properties, click on Change Advance Sharing, make sure everyone is consistent in all settings, Private network, discovery etc. Right at bottom you will notice home group. One option is allow sign on with user accounts and passwords.

Caledon Ken, Dec 29, 2016
Thema:

Can't connect w/ remote desktop from one PC but others work

1. Can't connect w/ remote desktop from one PC but others work - Similar Threads - Can't connect remote

2. Remote Desktop Connection from Mac to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection from Mac to PC: I need help setting up a remote connection from my Mac to my PC. I've enabled the remote desktop on my PC and I've added my PC to the Microsoft Remote Desktop on my Mac but I cannot get them to connect....
  3. Remote Desktop Connection from Mac to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection from Mac to PC: I need help setting up a remote connection from my Mac to my PC. I've enabled the remote desktop on my PC and I've added my PC to the Microsoft Remote Desktop on my Mac but I cannot get them to connect....
  4. Remote Desktop Connection from Mac to PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Remote desktop working one way but not the other

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote desktop working one way but not the other: I have a desktop and a laptop. I log into both machines using my Microsoft Account and have set up a PIN on both. I can remote desktop onto my laptop from my desktop fine with my account using account name MicrosoftAccount\{accountname} However I can't do it from laptop to...
  6. Remote Desktop Can't Connect

Remote Desktop Can't Connect: Hi Guys, Having trouble connecting a Windows 7 Laptop to a Windows 10 Desktop via remote desktop. Both are on the same network. The usual has been done already i.e. Enable Remote Desktop, Allow Remote Desktop through a Firewall etc. On Windows 7 Laptop's Remote Desktop...
  7. remote desktop connection works only one direction

remote desktop connection works only one direction: My remote desktop connection works from desktop to laptop but not from laptop to desktop. Both using windows 10 pro. Can not figure out why?...
  8. Remote Desktop connects to a remote machine on one network but not others.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop connects to a remote machine on one network but not others.: Hello, I am using mobile network hotspot to connect from my HomePC to a remote machine through VPN. I do not face any issues when I try to connect through Vodafone network where the speed is around just 8-9 Mbps but I could not connect through other networks like Three/EE...
  9. Can't connect to remote desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't connect to remote desktop: I can't seem to connect to my remote desktop from college as it keeps asking me to 'Enter my credentials' multiple times even when I did enter it, it asks me again. So I don't if its a hardware or software problem would appreciate it if anyone can reply if they know whats...
  10. Can't connect with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't connect with Remote Desktop: Hay everyone, I am having an issue with Remote Desktop. It works fine locally but i can't get a connection remotely. Here is the message it am getting. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Here are some of the settings on system i am trying to remote into. [ATTACH] Some things i have...