Windows 10: Can't connect windows 10 laptop to Iphone 7 hotspot

Discus and support Can't connect windows 10 laptop to Iphone 7 hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop connects to the hotspot but it just says "No internet, secured." My parents iphones can both connect to the laptop and they work properly. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AkaConsending, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Can't connect windows 10 laptop to Iphone 7 hotspot

My laptop connects to the hotspot but it just says "No internet, secured." My parents iphones can both connect to the laptop and they work properly. I have tried almost every solution online and nothing has worked. Other Iphones can also connect to my iphone's hotspot. Any help would be appreciated!

:)

AkaConsending, Mar 14, 2019

2. Can't connect Windows 10 laptop to iPhone 7 mobile hotspot

I had the same issue when upgrading from iPhone 5s to iPhone 7. What I did was to go to Windows Settings - Network & Internet. Click on Wi-Fi, and go into Manage know networks. Find your iPhone and tell it to "Forget". Then go to your Wi-Fi connections list
    and try to reconnect by finding your phone in your list of Wi-Fi connections on your computer. Make sure that you have Personal Hotspot turned on in your settings on your iPhone as well. This time it should allow you to put in your password.

TBeingessner, Mar 14, 2019
  3. WriteOn Win User
    Can't connect Windows 10 laptop to iPhone 7 mobile hotspot

My husband and I each have a laptop and a smartphone, but none of them run the same OS. My laptop is running Windows 7, his laptop is running Windows 10, my smartphone is running Android (latest version), and his smartphone is an iPhone 7.

We're trying to set up our mobile hotspots on the smartphones. Both laptops connect to my Android hotspot, but only my laptop connects to the iPhone 7's hotspot.
    He needs to connect his Windows 10 computer to the iPhone 7's mobile hotspot. The laptop finds the wireless network connection on the list, but it won't even give him an opportunity to enter a password. It goes straight to "Cannot connect."
    A Google search turns up lots of advice for previous incarnations of iPhones and Windows, but none for the iPhone 7 and Windows 10. He had all this set up properly with his Windows 7 machine and his iPhone 4, and then he upgraded to Windows 10 and bought the
    iPhone 7, and now he can't connect, and he needs this for work.

Here's what else we know so far. Both Windows 10 and the iOS have been updated and restarted today. The network troubleshooting on Windows 10 turned up nothing. The phone is new, and the computer was new with Windows 7 and is running Intel, so I highly doubt
    it's the hardware. After reading a user's post on another forum, we tried to look at the hidden devices on his laptop and disable some sort of WiFi network adapter and it wasn't even present on the list. After reading another user's post, we tried to download
    some kind of driver from Microsoft, but we couldn't confirm the right thing to download so we didn't do anything with that. Yes, we double-checked the password and all the WiFi settings are good.

What are we missing?

WriteOn, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Can't connect windows 10 laptop to Iphone 7 hotspot

Can't connect Windows 10 laptop to iPhone 7 mobile hotspot

I got the same problem.

But the solution described here does not make any sense to me.

I'm trying to connect my computer to a WiFi Hotspot... which in this case just happen to be an iPhone.

It should have nothing to do with USB or having any iTune driver... It should not need any of these. It's purely about WiFi connection. It does not make any sense to ask me to install any such drivers.

It should just work, as if the computer is connecting to any other WiFi hotspot.

However, it does not work.

My computer can connect to other WiFi except iPhone Hotspot.

My iPhone open hotspot for other iPhone devices to connect without any problems.

But the 2 do not go together.

Also, it used to work in the past. I'm not sure if it's IOS upgrade or Windows Update. The point is that the latest IOS and Windows 10 just somehow does not work together, in terms of WiFi hotspot connection.

Clement.Yip, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Can't connect windows 10 laptop to Iphone 7 hotspot

1. Can't connect windows 10 laptop to Iphone 7 hotspot - Similar Threads - Can't connect laptop

2. Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot: Suddenly to connect to my iphone hotspot action is needed open browser and connect. It just opens an MSN page with nothing to do?I’ve been connecting to my hotspots for years prior to this and never had this problem?...
  3. Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot: Suddenly to connect to my iphone hotspot action is needed open browser and connect. It just opens an MSN page with nothing to do?I’ve been connecting to my hotspots for years prior to this and never had this problem?...
  4. Windows 10 laptop sees my iPhone hotspot but won't connect to it!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop sees my iPhone hotspot but won't connect to it!: Many people have had the problem of not being able to connect their Windows 10 PC to their iPhone hotspot, but mine is a little unique. My Dell laptop sees my hotspot just fine, but it won't connect to it. At the bottom of the list of possible networks is a highlighted box...
  5. Windows 10 laptop sees my iPhone hotspot but won't connect to it!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 laptop sees my iPhone hotspot but won't connect to it!: Many people have had the problem of not being able to connect their Windows 10 PC to their iPhone hotspot, but mine is a little unique. My Dell laptop sees my hotspot just fine, but it won't connect to it. At the bottom of the list of possible networks is a highlighted box...
  6. Windows 10 laptop sees my iPhone hotspot but won't connect to it!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can not connect my laptop's hotspot on my iPhone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not connect my laptop's hotspot on my iPhone.: Hi,I'm trying to use my laptop as a hotspot. I connected my ethernet cable and tried the future. It is working but not in all devices. My problem is all devices can connect to my hotspot other than iPhone. iPhone sees my personal hotspot however, it is not connecting.I tried...
  8. Can not connect my laptop's hotspot on my iPhone.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not connect my laptop's hotspot on my iPhone.: Hi,I'm trying to use my laptop as a hotspot. I connected my ethernet cable and tried the future. It is working but not in all devices. My problem is all devices can connect to my hotspot other than iPhone. iPhone sees my personal hotspot however, it is not connecting.I tried...
  9. iPhone hotspot not appearing on Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    iPhone hotspot not appearing on Windows 10 laptop: My laptop does not display my iPhones mobile hotspot as an available network. The network is saved in the Known Networks, my friends iPhone can see the network, and my friends Windows 10 laptop can also see it. This seems to be an issue specifically to my laptop. The mobile...
  10. Can't connect to Personal Hotspot on my iphone on my windows 10 laptop it will connect on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to Personal Hotspot on my iphone on my windows 10 laptop it will connect on...: Hi, every time I try to connect to my personal hotspot on my phone, it says "no internet, secured", my hotspot works on all other windows devices....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. using my iphone as a hotspot for my laptop but I get yellow exclamation mark