Windows 10: Can't connect windows 10 laptop to Iphone 7 hotspot

Discus and support Can't connect windows 10 laptop to Iphone 7 hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop connects to the hotspot but it just says "No internet, secured." My parents iphones can both connect to the laptop and they work properly. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AkaConsending, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Can't connect windows 10 laptop to Iphone 7 hotspot

My laptop connects to the hotspot but it just says "No internet, secured." My parents iphones can both connect to the laptop and they work properly. I have tried almost every solution online and nothing has worked. Other Iphones can also connect to my iphone's hotspot. Any help would be appreciated!

:)

AkaConsending, Mar 14, 2019

2. Can't connect Windows 10 laptop to iPhone 7 mobile hotspot

I had the same issue when upgrading from iPhone 5s to iPhone 7. What I did was to go to Windows Settings - Network & Internet. Click on Wi-Fi, and go into Manage know networks. Find your iPhone and tell it to "Forget". Then go to your Wi-Fi connections list
    and try to reconnect by finding your phone in your list of Wi-Fi connections on your computer. Make sure that you have Personal Hotspot turned on in your settings on your iPhone as well. This time it should allow you to put in your password.

TBeingessner, Mar 14, 2019
  3. WriteOn Win User
    Can't connect Windows 10 laptop to iPhone 7 mobile hotspot

My husband and I each have a laptop and a smartphone, but none of them run the same OS. My laptop is running Windows 7, his laptop is running Windows 10, my smartphone is running Android (latest version), and his smartphone is an iPhone 7.

We're trying to set up our mobile hotspots on the smartphones. Both laptops connect to my Android hotspot, but only my laptop connects to the iPhone 7's hotspot.
    He needs to connect his Windows 10 computer to the iPhone 7's mobile hotspot. The laptop finds the wireless network connection on the list, but it won't even give him an opportunity to enter a password. It goes straight to "Cannot connect."
    A Google search turns up lots of advice for previous incarnations of iPhones and Windows, but none for the iPhone 7 and Windows 10. He had all this set up properly with his Windows 7 machine and his iPhone 4, and then he upgraded to Windows 10 and bought the
    iPhone 7, and now he can't connect, and he needs this for work.

Here's what else we know so far. Both Windows 10 and the iOS have been updated and restarted today. The network troubleshooting on Windows 10 turned up nothing. The phone is new, and the computer was new with Windows 7 and is running Intel, so I highly doubt
    it's the hardware. After reading a user's post on another forum, we tried to look at the hidden devices on his laptop and disable some sort of WiFi network adapter and it wasn't even present on the list. After reading another user's post, we tried to download
    some kind of driver from Microsoft, but we couldn't confirm the right thing to download so we didn't do anything with that. Yes, we double-checked the password and all the WiFi settings are good.

What are we missing?

WriteOn, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Can't connect windows 10 laptop to Iphone 7 hotspot

Can't connect Windows 10 laptop to iPhone 7 mobile hotspot

I got the same problem.

But the solution described here does not make any sense to me.

I'm trying to connect my computer to a WiFi Hotspot... which in this case just happen to be an iPhone.

It should have nothing to do with USB or having any iTune driver... It should not need any of these. It's purely about WiFi connection. It does not make any sense to ask me to install any such drivers.

It should just work, as if the computer is connecting to any other WiFi hotspot.

However, it does not work.

My computer can connect to other WiFi except iPhone Hotspot.

My iPhone open hotspot for other iPhone devices to connect without any problems.

But the 2 do not go together.

Also, it used to work in the past. I'm not sure if it's IOS upgrade or Windows Update. The point is that the latest IOS and Windows 10 just somehow does not work together, in terms of WiFi hotspot connection.

Clement.Yip, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Can't connect windows 10 laptop to Iphone 7 hotspot

1. Can't connect windows 10 laptop to Iphone 7 hotspot - Similar Threads - Can't connect laptop

2. Mobile hotspot won't connect to iPhone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot won't connect to iPhone: I have recently updated my computer to Windows 10 and have been attempting to use the Mobile Hotspot function provided in it. I am able to create a name and password for it. Under the "Share my internet connection from" section, it says the name of my Ethernet, which is how I...
  3. Connection Not Private error with hotspot connections on laptop

Connection Not Private error with hotspot connections on laptop: So my apartment uses an internet provider that only allows one device to be connected per account. To get around this issue, I've been using my laptop as a mobile hotspot and then connecting my devices from there. This worked fine for a few weeks, but now every time I try to...
  4. Can't connect to mobile hotspot

Can't connect to mobile hotspot: How do I repair a smartphone that can't connect to a mobile hotspot on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-mobile-hotspot/319c5f42-2648-4c8b-831b-b2c22815b075
  5. Unable to connect to Iphone Hotspot via WIFI

Unable to connect to Iphone Hotspot via WIFI: Hi, I have been having issues connecting my laptop to my Iphone Data Hotspot via WIFI. I am able to connect other devices to my Hotspot via WIFI but not my laptop. I have tried connecting via lightning cable and it works fine! I have a video of what happens to my iphone...
  6. Device can't connect to Windows Mobile Hotspot

Device can't connect to Windows Mobile Hotspot: I've had this issue for a while and haven't been able to find a solution. So basically I start up the hotspot, it turns on, but my phone can't seem to connect to the network. Any help is greatly appreciated....
  7. Dell Mobile Connect and iPhone 7

Dell Mobile Connect and iPhone 7: Win10 Pro OS New Dell XPS-8930 Desktop iPhone 7 with IOS 12 Desktop is all running with all required updates etc... DMC (Dell Mobile Connect) will not connect to my phone but provides an error message that the "HandsFree Module" did not load or install correctly....
  8. printer and laptop connect to hotspot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer and laptop connect to hotspot: I have a wireless hp printer can I connect it to my hot spot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-and-laptop-connect-to-hotspot/cc6c2302-66c2-4c9b-9ed1-7d5d1bb744c2
  9. Can't connect Windows 10 laptop to WiFi hotspot on another Windows 10 laptop

Can't connect Windows 10 laptop to WiFi hotspot on another Windows 10 laptop: I am trying to connect my HP laptop with wifi to the hotspot connection on my Acer laptop. The message is "Unable to connect to this network" I can connect other devices to the hotspot on the Acer laptop and HP laptop. But the laptop wont connect to the hotspot on the...
  10. iPhone 8 hotspot

iPhone 8 hotspot: I am having problems my computer does not connect to iPhone 8 hotspot. Does anyone has had the same problem? How to resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/iphone-8-hotspot/43492e8b-c73b-4071-98ed-19f4dafeed63