Windows 10: Can't connect Windows 10 laptop to WiFi hotspot on another Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Can't connect Windows 10 laptop to WiFi hotspot on another Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to connect my HP laptop with wifi to the hotspot connection on my Acer laptop. The message is "Unable to connect to this network" I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rebrab001, Sep 6, 2018.

1. rebrab001 Win User

Can't connect Windows 10 laptop to WiFi hotspot on another Windows 10 laptop

I am trying to connect my HP laptop with wifi to the hotspot connection on my Acer laptop.

The message is "Unable to connect to this network"

I can connect other devices to the hotspot on the Acer laptop and HP laptop.

But the laptop wont connect to the hotspot on the other laptop, no matter which laptop hotspot is on.

Both laptops are running Windows 10.

The reason I need to do this is because the wifi signal available is not very strong. So by connecting the Acer to it and the turning on hotspot, I can connect my HP to it in another part of the house.

:)

rebrab001, Sep 6, 2018
  2. lorraine walsh, Sep 6, 2018
  3. 64K
    64K Win User
    Worth upgrading to Windows 10 with my laptop?

Since it's a laptop I would just stick with Windows 8.1 and when it's time to buy a new laptop then Windows 10. My gaming laptop that I travel with has Windows 7 and it's fine. When I buy a new laptop in a couple of years Win 10 will be nice.

4. P4-630 Win User

Worth upgrading to Windows 10 with my laptop?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, by then all laptops have Windows 10 or other new OS when I buy a new laptop.
    Everything runs fine now and I prefer not to re-install all my games and software.

P4-630, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't connect Windows 10 laptop to WiFi hotspot on another Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Can't connect laptop

2. Windows 10 Laptop Can't Connect to Internet when on WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Laptop Can't Connect to Internet when on WiFi: This one is very strange, at least to me. I have an old Dell Latitude laptop running Windows 10 that cannot connect to the Internet while it's on my home WiFi network. Everything was fine until yesterday morning, when the problem suddenly appeared. I can access everything...
  3. Windows 10 Laptop Can't Connect to Internet when on WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Laptop Can't Connect to Internet when on WiFi: This one is very strange, at least to me. I have an old Dell Latitude laptop running Windows 10 that cannot connect to the Internet while it's on my home WiFi network. Everything was fine until yesterday morning, when the problem suddenly appeared. I can access everything...
  4. Windows 10 Laptop Can't Connect to Internet when on WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Laptop doesn't connect to WiFi but connects to mobile hotspot

Laptop doesn't connect to WiFi but connects to mobile hotspot: My laptop connects to mobile hotspot and WiFi sharing but not to WiFi. I can see my WiFi connection but when I try connecting, I get the error "Can't Connect to this network". I have been able to connect to this network till a few days back. I have tried the following...
  6. laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot: Hi, I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot. kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wifi-is-not-connecting-to-mobile-hotspot/693fac1a-add2-4e83-b68f-59f990b2490b
  7. Can't connect to Personal Hotspot on my iphone on my windows 10 laptop it will connect on...

Can't connect to Personal Hotspot on my iphone on my windows 10 laptop it will connect on...: Hi, every time I try to connect to my personal hotspot on my phone, it says "no internet, secured", my hotspot works on all other windows devices....
  8. Tablet is connected to laptop WiFi hotspot but there is no internet

Tablet is connected to laptop WiFi hotspot but there is no internet: I can connect my tablet to the laptop WIFI hotspot. However I cannot connect to the internet because it says that there is no internet. I checked the issue with another tablet with the same result...
  9. Can't connect to WiFi on laptop

Can't connect to WiFi on laptop: Hello! I am student at university and am having trouble connecting to the WiFi from my laptop (my phone connects just fine). Every time i try to connect, it either: 1) Says "Can't connect to this network" 2)Takes forever trying to connect but doesn't actually connect; when...
  10. Can't connect windows 10 laptop to Iphone 7 hotspot

Can't connect windows 10 laptop to Iphone 7 hotspot: My laptop connects to the hotspot but it just says "No internet, secured." My parents iphones can both connect to the laptop and they work properly. I have tried almost every solution online and nothing has worked. Other Iphones can also connect to my iphone's hotspot. Any...