Windows 10: Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Discus and support Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, im having a really hard time connecting my xbox one controller to my PC via bluetooth. The controller works fine when i plug it in with a usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SubieTY, Mar 19, 2019.

1. SubieTY Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello, im having a really hard time connecting my xbox one controller to my PC via bluetooth. The controller works fine when i plug it in with a usb wire.

so my pc didnt have bluetooth so i ordered a csr 4.0 usb bluetooth adapter, i have it plugged in and driver is installed but when i go to my bluetooth connections there is no option to turn bluetooth on/off. It allows me to search for devices under the “xbox one controller etc” tab but nothing comes up even when i have my controller searching. After uninstalling and reinstalling my driver multiple times, restarting my pc multiple times, it finally allowed me to connect my controller by going to the bottom right of the screen and selecting the bluetooth icon and searching for devices through the bluetooths program it has. Once connected the xbox light stopped flashing on the controller and everything seemed connected but the controller does nothing and when i launch a game it only uses my mouse. I can play the same game perfectly fine with the controller when connected via usb wire. Im assuming this issue is because it isnt connected through the windows setting but only connected through the bluetooth devices settings. Sorry for the massive wall of text, & this is my first gaming pc my friend sold me a few days ago so im still learning how to use everything but any help is HUGELY appreciated. Thank you in advance

:)

SubieTY, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Darshan J Win User

Connecting Xbox to PC

Hello,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which version of windows is running on your system?

Suggest you to follow below steps and check if you are able to connect your Xbox to your Computer.

• Sign in to your Xbox Live account using your Microsoft login credentials
    • Verify that your Xbox One is connected to the same network as your Windows PC
    • Power on your Xbox One.
    • Press the “Menu” button on your Xbox controller and select “Settings.”
    • Select “Preferences” and place a checkmark next to “Allow streaming to other devices.”
    • Connecting Xbox and PC.
    • Click on “Connect” on the Xbox app on your Windows 10 PC
    • Select the name of your Xbox One console
    • Connect an Xbox One controller to your PC using a USB cable
    • Click on “Stream,” then select the Xbox game you want to play on your PC
    • Click on “Play from console”.
    If you are looking for more information on Xbox, you can post your query in dedicated Xbox forum for better assistance. Refer to the link below which guides you to Xbox forum.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/connect-xbox-360-console-tv

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance on windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Oblivion PC Xbox controller

Could someone suggest a way to use my xbox controller with the pc version of oblivion?

greenhouse, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

1. Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc - Similar Threads - Can’t connect Xbox

2. I can’t connect my xbox controller to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t connect my xbox controller to PC: When i plug in my Xbox controller to PC there is no message or anything. I have tried everything and still can’t use my controller on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-my-xbox-controller-to-pc/1cb8b5aa-4757-44af-93ae-bd7a124820fc
  3. I can’t connect my xbox controller to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t connect my xbox controller to PC: When i plug in my Xbox controller to PC there is no message or anything. I have tried everything and still can’t use my controller on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-my-xbox-controller-to-pc/1cb8b5aa-4757-44af-93ae-bd7a124820fc
  4. Wired Xbox One controller not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Xbox One controller not connecting to PC: I do not know what to do at this point. I have done numerous checks in Device Manager and the Xbox Peripherals tab does not show up. I have manually downloaded the drivers and they still have not shown up. I have done a Windows Update and still nothing. I have installed Xbox...
  5. xbox one controller not connecting to pc bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox one controller not connecting to pc bluetooth: I have just got an xbox one controller, it says compatible with xbox one / s / x and windows 10 pc i have windows 10 pro 1909 x64 pc with belkin bluetooth adapter, now my pc connects to my nokia 5.3 android 10 phone, it also connects to my old nokia lumia 635 win 8.1...
  6. XBOX ONE SERIES controller connection to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    XBOX ONE SERIES controller connection to PC: Hi, I just bought the latest XBOXONE SERIES controller that came out today and tried to connect to my PC via Bluetooth. While I was able to see that the controller was connected under "Bluetooth and other devices" settings, it won't allow me to do anything on games of...
  7. Issues connecting a Xbox one controller to PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues connecting a Xbox one controller to PC: I have a second-hand xbox one s controller that connects fine via bluetooth to my phone, but it doesn't on pc. It either tries to connect and once I accept on pc it still flashes like it's connecting or it just doesn't appear in the bluetooth screen. It works fine with any...
  8. Xbox one Controller not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one Controller not connecting to PC: So I used to be able to play on my PC with my Xbox controller (I don't have an xbox but bought a controller to play games on my PC) One day the controller started flashing at me and it wouldn't let me use it. I looked up and the only "solution" recommended was to install...
  9. connect an xbox one controller to my pc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    connect an xbox one controller to my pc.: I would like a help to correctly install the control. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-an-xbox-one-controller-to-my-pc/d60568a8-7222-498a-ae4d-ee514e3fcd34
  10. Xbox one controller- cannot connect with a PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller- cannot connect with a PC: Hi, I need help with connect my xbox one s controller (white) with PC. Case: - new bluetooth pad (yes, it's not the version with plastic around "X" which hasn't bluetooth) - it works normally via microusb - I've purchased bluetooth 4.0 dongle, I plugged in to my pc and it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant connect xbox controller to pc