Windows 10: Can't control my printer!

Discus and support Can't control my printer! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why have I lost control of my printer? The windows scan opens and I don't have as many options as before. Can I turn the Windows Printer program off?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DkViking54, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Can't control my printer!

Why have I lost control of my printer? The windows scan opens and I don't have as many options as before. Can I turn the Windows Printer program off? OS: Windows 10 on a desktop.

:)

DkViking54, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Printer error

Hi,

I suggest you to run in-built Printer troubleshooter and check. Refer to the following steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Printer to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Printer Properties

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to go to printer settings.

• In the search box type “control panel”.
    • Click on “device and printers”.
    • Then you can right click on your printer and then click on properties, change accordingly.
    I suggest you to follow the below article if you face any issues with printer and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 3, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Can't control my printer!

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Can't control my printer!

1. Can't control my printer! - Similar Threads - Can't control printer

2. My printer isn't listed in Control Panel/Printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer isn't listed in Control Panel/Printers: My printer isn't listed in the Control Panel Device Printers:I have a new Canon Pixma MG2500/2400 Series and I went to Windows 11 to find the printer to install the drivers.It's not listed and I tried to add manually and it's not listed.Is there a driver online that I can...
  3. My printer isn't listed in Control Panel/Printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printer isn't listed in Control Panel/Printers: My printer isn't listed in the Control Panel Device Printers:I have a new Canon Pixma MG2500/2400 Series and I went to Windows 11 to find the printer to install the drivers.It's not listed and I tried to add manually and it's not listed.Is there a driver online that I can...
  4. Can't find my printer and not even add a printer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find my printer and not even add a printer.: Can't find my printer and not even add a printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer-and-not-even-add-a-printer/92eca057-8af2-4b2e-9d6d-d3d24e91036f
  5. Can't find my printer and not even add a printer.

Can't find my printer and not even add a printer.: Can't find my printer and not even add a printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer-and-not-even-add-a-printer/92eca057-8af2-4b2e-9d6d-d3d24e91036f
  6. Can't find my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find my printer: I am trying to download a printer. Microsoft is not recognizing my sign in, but I am signed in already https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer/67a0e7f2-a58f-407c-a9e8-e9efa6d24bc2
  7. Can't find my printer

Can't find my printer: I am trying to download a printer. Microsoft is not recognizing my sign in, but I am signed in already https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer/67a0e7f2-a58f-407c-a9e8-e9efa6d24bc2
  8. Can't find Devices and Printers control panel applet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find Devices and Printers control panel applet?: I've been trying to find the Devices and Printers control panel applet but can't find it anywhere by search or by directly typing it in in Explorer. I'm on Version 2004, was it removed recently? submitted by /u/tgp1994 [link] [comments]...
  9. My PC Can't Recognize my Printer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC Can't Recognize my Printer.: Hi. I use Windows 10 Pro now. someday i have to print some of document so i connect my printerthat have also scanner and power on. but my printer not recognize in pc. that show only scanner. so i re-installed driver,software and even Windows. but my problem not solve. i need...
  10. My laptop can't print to my printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop can't print to my printer: My printer is a Brother 5250-DN. It is conected to my Desktop that is on a network. My laptop needs to connect to the network wirelessly. When I go into the network and try to connect, it says my credentials don't work. I am typing in the right username and password. Other...