Windows 10: Can't control volume via on computer when using wireless headset connected via Xbox...

Discus and support Can't control volume via on computer when using wireless headset connected via Xbox... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title says it all. I've got a wireless adapter for windows 10 and just bought a stealth 600. I connect my headset to the adapter and I can control the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Drewshawn, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Can't control volume via on computer when using wireless headset connected via Xbox...

Title says it all. I've got a wireless adapter for windows 10 and just bought a stealth 600. I connect my headset to the adapter and I can control the volume on the wheel on the back of the headset but I can't control it on my actual computer. Is there a way to resolve this?

submitted by /u/Drewshawn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Drewshawn, Mar 5, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 5, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Can't control volume via on computer when using wireless headset connected via Xbox...

Xbox One Controller Wireless PC Adapter help.

Source: Connect Xbox One Controller to Windows PC | Xbox One Accessories

In this situation, these two links might be helpful to you:

Thema:

Can't control volume via on computer when using wireless headset connected via Xbox...

1. Can't control volume via on computer when using wireless headset connected via Xbox... - Similar Threads - Can't control volume

2. Xbox Wireless Headset detected as Speakers in Windows 11 when connected via Bluetooth, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Wireless Headset detected as Speakers in Windows 11 when connected via Bluetooth, but...: After an update, I noticed a change in audio quality while playing Call of Duty Warzone 2. After that, I looked at Windows settings, which showed Xbox wireless headset as a Speaker. To compensate for the loss of quality I have to play with the headset connected to the USB. Is...
  3. Xbox Wireless Headset detected as Speakers in Windows 11 when connected via Bluetooth, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Wireless Headset detected as Speakers in Windows 11 when connected via Bluetooth, but...: After an update, I noticed a change in audio quality while playing Call of Duty Warzone 2. After that, I looked at Windows settings, which showed Xbox wireless headset as a Speaker. To compensate for the loss of quality I have to play with the headset connected to the USB. Is...
  4. Xbox Wireless Headset detected as Speakers in Window 11 when connected via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Wireless Headset detected as Speakers in Window 11 when connected via bluetooth: Hi,I have Xbox Wireless Headset which was working just fine with Windows 11 until I paired it with Xbox. Suddenly after pairing it again with PC it's recognized as Speakers, which makes the sound quality very poor, and volume very low. I saw many similar cases online, but no...
  5. Xbox Wireless Headset detected as Speakers in Window 11 when connected via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Wireless Headset detected as Speakers in Window 11 when connected via bluetooth: Hi,I have Xbox Wireless Headset which was working just fine with Windows 11 until I paired it with Xbox. Suddenly after pairing it again with PC it's recognized as Speakers, which makes the sound quality very poor, and volume very low. I saw many similar cases online, but no...
  6. Xbox Controller is not connecting via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Controller is not connecting via Bluetooth: Hello,i am currently trying to connect my controller via bluetooth with my windows 10 system but somehow its not shown in the bluetooth "add a device" list. However i did notice that the xbox one controller is shown as paired in the bluetooth other devices section even tho my...
  7. Xbox wireless headset w/ adapter cant control audio via windows controls

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox wireless headset w/ adapter cant control audio via windows controls: Hi. Ive had this problem for a good while now, since december 2020, but its not been a bother to me until now, now that i have a fancy keyboard with an audio controller that id like to put to use. I use the turtle beach stealth 700 gen 2, with the xbox wireless adapter. Its a...
  8. Xbox controller not working when connected via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox controller not working when connected via bluetooth: Hi Reddit, I just bought an Xbox controller for my pc. When I connect it with the usbc cable, it works just fine. It's detected in all games and in the "Xbox accessories app". The problem is when I connect it via bluetooth. The controller is able to connect to my pc easily....
  9. Can't connect xbox controller via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect xbox controller via bluetooth: I unpaired the controller from my pc, and now it won't even appear for me to pair it. I've seen a bunch of people posting about this same problem and I have yet to find an actual solution for this. submitted by /u/numdez [link] [comments]...
  10. How do I connect Xbox Wireless controller via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I connect Xbox Wireless controller via bluetooth: So I just got a Surface Go and a new Xbox wireless controller. This is my first pc and xbox controller, so I don't know much about this stuff. I connected the controller via Bluetooth, and it connected. When I tried to use the controller in a game, it didn't do anything...