Windows 10: Can't convert MBR to Dynamic (Not enough space). Trying to RAID1 primary disk.

Discus and support Can't convert MBR to Dynamic (Not enough space). Trying to RAID1 primary disk. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I seem to be getting this error when I attempted to convert my primary basic disk (C:) to dynamic so that it could be mirrored in a software RAID1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FieryMadness, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Can't convert MBR to Dynamic (Not enough space). Trying to RAID1 primary disk.

Hi,

I seem to be getting this error when I attempted to convert my primary basic disk (CCan't convert MBR to Dynamic (Not enough space).  Trying to RAID1 primary disk. :) to dynamic so that it could be mirrored in a software RAID1 in Windows 10 Pro. Primary goal here is to get my main drive mirrored WITHOUT having to reinstall the os. (Pay no attention to the raid below setup, I was simply testing to see if it would work on 2 other disks). Can't convert MBR to Dynamic (Not enough space).  Trying to RAID1 primary disk. bd22de2e-a303-467e-8625-4736ce747fb0?upload=true.png

Can't convert MBR to Dynamic (Not enough space).  Trying to RAID1 primary disk. c3e60843-00b6-463b-a69f-eaed9cd099f6?upload=true.png

I would be even willing to xfer the OS to the raid 1 I already set below it but mini partition tool doesn't seem to like dynamic disks for some reason?

:)

FieryMadness, Sep 8, 2018

2. Convert Basic Disk into Dynamic Disk

im out of space on my Driver C (disk 0) which is a dynamic Disk i want to be able to extend the volume by shrinking some space from the disk 1 (basic disk) but the problem is that i am not able to convert disk 1 into a dynamic disk (even though there is
    53.4% of free space in it).

ive tried several methods i found online but non of them works

i own a MSI laptop operated by Windows 10

Charbel G. EL Haddad, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Ariel Aba Win User
    Convert Basic Disk into Dynamic Disk

Hi Charbel,

It would be helpful if you mentioned the things that you have tried to do that failed so that we can skip those steps. You can follow the steps provided in the article:
    How to convert a basic disk to a dynamic disk in Windows 7, to change a basic disk to
    a dynamic one. The instructions are also applicable for Windows 10. You can also check this article:
    Extend a basic volume.

Ensure that you create a back up for your system as well.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Can't convert MBR to Dynamic (Not enough space). Trying to RAID1 primary disk.

Smittychat., Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Can't convert MBR to Dynamic (Not enough space). Trying to RAID1 primary disk.

1. Can't convert MBR to Dynamic (Not enough space). Trying to RAID1 primary disk. - Similar Threads - Can't convert MBR

2. Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk: Hello guys!Today I need your help because if not then I'll be in danger. Now what happened is that I was trying to split a E drive in disk management tool. So when I did so it gave me a warning message saying that the disk will be a dynamic one and that the PC will not be...
  3. Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk: Hello guys!Today I need your help because if not then I'll be in danger. Now what happened is that I was trying to split a E drive in disk management tool. So when I did so it gave me a warning message saying that the disk will be a dynamic one and that the PC will not be...
  4. How to convert a system MBR disk to GPT disk ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to convert a system MBR disk to GPT disk ?: Hi,I need to convert my system disk to GPT without losing data or reinstalling windows 10.So I can convert my system from legacy BIOS to UEFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-a-system-mbr-disk-to-gpt-disk/e5c6c129-e5c7-49c0-bb2f-979136b58b36
  5. converting back to basic disk from dynamic disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    converting back to basic disk from dynamic disk: I need help! I recently installed Windows 10 on my grandmother's computer. Shortly after, I realized that drive "E" SD card storage was no longer accessible, blocked by tools. Using Disk Management I moved the tools, but in the process accidently converted my "Disk 0" that...
  6. Converting dynamic disk to basic disk windows 10

Converting dynamic disk to basic disk windows 10: Hi, I accidentally changed my c-drive to dynamic disk. It is my only memory on my pc. How can I change it back to basic disk? I allready searched information and looked up for various instructions and videos. I can't delete volumes because os is installed on that and that...
  7. How to convert an MBR disk into a GPT disk

How to convert an MBR disk into a GPT disk: why does windows 10 32 bit(x86) clean install as mbr when i pre-format the hard drive as gpt? is there a solution or is that the default and only option for installation? i've contacted asus who makes my motherboard to check for uefi details and everything i can think of...
  8. convert MBR to GPT disk

convert MBR to GPT disk: DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disk 0 Online 465 GB 0 B Disk 1 Online 7633 MB 0 B DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size...
  9. not enough disk space.

not enough disk space.: I am trying to update windows 10 but it tells me I do not have enough disk space. I have added a flash driver and a sdhc but still says not enough disk space....
  10. please help converting basic disk to a dynamic disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    please help converting basic disk to a dynamic disk: Hi, I am sorry im not tech savy and i am trying to put 24tb together and i have 6 external drives of 4tb each. I am in disk management and I am trying to convert each of them from basic disk to a dynamic disk so i can group them together but it is showing a message of "The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not enough space to convert to dynamic disk

2. diskpart convert dynamic not enough space

3. convert to dynamic disk not enough space

4. diskpart convert dynamic not enough disk space,
  5. convert to dynamic there is not enough space available on disk,
  6. can i use dynamic hdd with gpt on optiplex 760 with windows 10,
  7. unable to convert to dynamic disk not enough space,
  8. not enough space convert disk to dynamic,
  9. windows 10 cant convert to dynamic disk,
  10. convert to dynamic disk cant says no memory,
  11. not enough space to convert dynamic,