Windows 10: Can't convert MBR to Dynamic (Not enough space). Trying to RAID1 primary disk.

Discus and support Can't convert MBR to Dynamic (Not enough space). Trying to RAID1 primary disk. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I seem to be getting this error when I attempted to convert my primary basic disk (C:) to dynamic so that it could be mirrored in a software RAID1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FieryMadness, Sep 8, 2018.

1. FieryMadness Win User

Can't convert MBR to Dynamic (Not enough space). Trying to RAID1 primary disk.

Hi,

I seem to be getting this error when I attempted to convert my primary basic disk (CCan't convert MBR to Dynamic (Not enough space).  Trying to RAID1 primary disk. :) to dynamic so that it could be mirrored in a software RAID1 in Windows 10 Pro. Primary goal here is to get my main drive mirrored WITHOUT having to reinstall the os. (Pay no attention to the raid below setup, I was simply testing to see if it would work on 2 other disks). Can't convert MBR to Dynamic (Not enough space).  Trying to RAID1 primary disk. bd22de2e-a303-467e-8625-4736ce747fb0?upload=true.png

Can't convert MBR to Dynamic (Not enough space).  Trying to RAID1 primary disk. c3e60843-00b6-463b-a69f-eaed9cd099f6?upload=true.png

I would be even willing to xfer the OS to the raid 1 I already set below it but mini partition tool doesn't seem to like dynamic disks for some reason?

:)

FieryMadness, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Charbel G. EL Haddad Win User

Convert Basic Disk into Dynamic Disk

im out of space on my Driver C (disk 0) which is a dynamic Disk i want to be able to extend the volume by shrinking some space from the disk 1 (basic disk) but the problem is that i am not able to convert disk 1 into a dynamic disk (even though there is
    53.4% of free space in it).

ive tried several methods i found online but non of them works

i own a MSI laptop operated by Windows 10

Charbel G. EL Haddad, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Ariel Aba Win User
    Convert Basic Disk into Dynamic Disk

Hi Charbel,

It would be helpful if you mentioned the things that you have tried to do that failed so that we can skip those steps. You can follow the steps provided in the article:
    How to convert a basic disk to a dynamic disk in Windows 7, to change a basic disk to
    a dynamic one. The instructions are also applicable for Windows 10. You can also check this article:
    Extend a basic volume.

Ensure that you create a back up for your system as well.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Smittychat. Win User

Smittychat., Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't convert MBR to Dynamic (Not enough space). Trying to RAID1 primary disk. - Similar Threads - Can't convert MBR

2. not enough disk space.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not enough disk space.: I am trying to update windows 10 but it tells me I do not have enough disk space. I have added a flash driver and a sdhc but still says not enough disk space....
  3. Can't uncompress an image, not enough space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't uncompress an image, not enough space?: I've downloaded a 128GB image that I plan to put on an SD card. It is compressed using rar. I'm attempting to move the file from the rar one of my spare drives but it won't decompress properly. I keep getting an error stating there is not enough space on the drive. Again, the...
  4. Convert 1.5TB disk from MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Convert 1.5TB disk from MBR to GPT: I want to convert a 1.5TB MBR disk to a GPT disk. My other two disks are GPT so I'd like them all to be. No special reason, just because. When I tried mbr2gpt /validate /disk:2 I get ERROR: MBR2GPT can only be used from the Windows Preinstallation Environment. Use...
  5. Converting Windows 10 MBR Disk to GPT

Converting Windows 10 MBR Disk to GPT: I have two internal disks and one external on my desktop. One of the internals is a GPT 1Tb disk for data and archive storage. The other is an MBR Windows 10 system disk and the external one is a 1TB USB. The system disk contains a System Reserved partition and the Windows 10...
  6. Unable to convert 7 partition disk (basic) to dynamic disk

Unable to convert 7 partition disk (basic) to dynamic disk: I am running Windows 10 Pro. I have an old 1Tb drive that used to be the boot (C) drive and also had partitions for two additional drives. I since replaced that 1Tb drive with an SSD and another 2Tb second internal drive. I've inserted the 1Tb in an external USB SATA...
  7. please help converting basic disk to a dynamic disk

please help converting basic disk to a dynamic disk: Hi, I am sorry im not tech savy and i am trying to put 24tb together and i have 6 external drives of 4tb each. I am in disk management and I am trying to convert each of them from basic disk to a dynamic disk so i can group them together but it is showing a message of "The...
  8. Format unused space on primary disk

Format unused space on primary disk: Some time ago I had to format my hard drive (a nominal 1 TB spinner) and re-install Windows 10. At the time I was considering setting up a dual-boot configuration, so I left about 290 GB unallocated for later use by the alternative OS. Since then I have changed my mind, and...
  9. Convert GPT Disk to MBR Disk in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Convert GPT Disk to MBR Disk in Windows 10: It's funny that the mbr2gpt utility in version 1703 can convert an OS drive from mbr to gpt without data loss but cannot do it for a simple data partition - lol. I tried it but it failed as I expected 2017-05-31 08:52:07, Error ValidateLayout: Wrong boot partition...
  10. Convert MBR Disk to GPT Disk in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Convert MBR Disk to GPT Disk in Windows 10: Another option is to use mbr2gpt.exe, isn't it? 85750

Users found this page by searching for:

1. convert to dynamic disk not enough space

2. convert to dynamic not enough space

3. Cant convert MBR to Dynamic (Not enough space). Trying to RAID1 primary disk.

4. win 10 convert c: to dynamic fails there is not enough space available