Windows 10: Can't convert search Icon into Search bar.

Discus and support Can't convert search Icon into Search bar. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I wanted to convert the search icon into bar that it shows type here to search because it looks good on taskbar but I can't change the search icon into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SarthakBhaglal, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Can't convert search Icon into Search bar.

I wanted to convert the search icon into bar that it shows type here to search because it looks good on taskbar but I can't change the search icon into search bar because the option of that is no longer available in my windows and I have tried to enable that option but nothing helped me so I am hoping to get a fix of this from microsoft and I didn't change any settings about it. I hope I get a fix cause I want to enable that option.

:)

SarthakBhaglal, Dec 1, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Dec 1, 2021
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Dec 1, 2021
  4. Can't convert search Icon into Search bar.

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

Can't convert search Icon into Search bar.

1. Can't convert search Icon into Search bar. - Similar Threads - Can't convert search

2. Search Highlights icon on search bar missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Highlights icon on search bar missing: Hello to all,I've been having issues with my search bar icon and Bing highlights. After an update on my laptop, which was stuck in 100% and could not move, I turned on and off my laptop to "prevent" the update from taking a long time and not wanting to proceed. On the next...
  3. Search Highlights icon on search bar missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Highlights icon on search bar missing: Hello to all,I've been having issues with my search bar icon and Bing highlights. After an update on my laptop, which was stuck in 100% and could not move, I turned on and off my laptop to "prevent" the update from taking a long time and not wanting to proceed. On the next...
  4. Search Highlights icon on search bar missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Icons not showing on search bar

Icons not showing on search bar: I am using windows 10 home edition and idont know how this problem came but this looks too bad to see icons are not showing on searching something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-showing-on-search-bar/5e71b2ae-adcb-4cdf-880a-db9ed674bf22
  6. search bar icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar icon: After the update there is an icon at the search bar which is not there before, how to delete the icon? anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-icon/a95f5e3f-1577-40ad-8def-e6544fd3d41a
  7. search bar icon

search bar icon: After the update there is an icon at the search bar which is not there before, how to delete the icon? anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-icon/a95f5e3f-1577-40ad-8def-e6544fd3d41a
  8. search bar icon

in Cortana
  9. Can't convert search Icon into Search bar.

Can't convert search Icon into Search bar.: I wanted to convert the search icon into bar that it shows type here to search because it looks good on taskbar but I can't change the search icon into search bar because the option of that is no longer available in my windows and I have tried to enable that option but...
  10. Can't convert search Icon into Search bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't convert search Icon into Search bar.: I wanted to convert the search icon into bar that it shows type here to search because it looks good on taskbar but I can't change the search icon into search bar because the option of that is no longer available in my windows and I have tried to enable that option but...