Windows 10: Can't copy after highlight & right click

Discus and support Can't copy after highlight & right click in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home and Office Pro 2016. If I want to copy a line or line of numbers like a usps tracking number, I have to highlight and right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ronnielee09, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Ronnielee09 Win User

Can't copy after highlight & right click

I have Windows 10 Home and Office Pro 2016. If I want to copy a line or line of numbers like a usps tracking number, I have to highlight and right click it 5-7 times before it will copy. Then I can paste it where ever I want. I have changed my mouse three times and the same thing keeps happening. Any advise is greatfully appreciated.

:)

Ronnielee09, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Vanessa Yar Win User

I cannot highlight, right click copy and paste.....

Hi Heather,

Aside from the couple of updates installed, there could be other changes performed on your computer that may have caused the copy and paste function to not work properly.

For us to properly sort out this problem, we would like to verify the following:

• Are you using the mouse to highlight, right click, copy, and paste?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when accessing a different website?
    • Have you tried to use the Ctrl+C and Ctrl+ V functions?

In the meantime, try to completely shutdown your PC,then turn it back on and observe if the same issue persists.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 30, 2018
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Oct 30, 2018
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't copy after highlight & right click :cool:

jmcslob, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't copy after highlight & right click - Similar Threads - Can't copy highlight

2. Right Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click: Right clicking in a window or desktop opens (through New dropdown menu item) the possibillity to create a new folder or new Text Document. Lately this takes longer than usual (I think, but am not sure, after a Windows update). Not a big deal, rather a nuisance, but I am...
  3. Can't right click on lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't right click on lenovo laptop: Hi. im having problems right clicking on my laptop touchpad. It was working fine but all of a sudden it stopped. The left click works but when I right click no icon comes up(like for coping and pasting). I tried troubleshooting but no problems came up, I updated but that...
  4. right click menu highlight color

in Windows 10 Customization
    right click menu highlight color: Hi, I noticed something. The right click menu highlight color changes depending on the file type (or folder). Here is an example using default theme [img] Highlight color and text color changes depending on the file type (jpg, exe, zip, etc) and if a folder is...
  5. Can't right click using touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't right click using touchpad: Hi, I'm having trouble with my moms PC (Acer laptop). Right clicking is not working, but left click is working fine. I went to the trackpad settings and first checked that "Use two fingers to right click" was checked, and it was. Then I tried checking the other option...
  6. Can't right-click pictures on desktop...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't right-click pictures on desktop...: Hi! I can right-click any kind of file that I have stored on my desktop and get the fuill contextual menu, except for picture files. Whe I try on one of these, the focus is immediately lost. Only on some very rare occasions can I get the menu to show up. Has anyone got an...
  7. right click cancels if I right click something after moving a file

in Windows 10 Support
    right click cancels if I right click something after moving a file: Hey so When I move a file, and then click right another file, the right click menu will cancel, and I'll have to right click the file again. Is there any way to solve this? 94596
  8. Can't delete Desktop Icons with a right click

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete Desktop Icons with a right click: Instead, I have to use the Delete button. Is this normal? 74701
  9. Can't right click taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't right click taskbar icons: I can't right click taskbar apps, left click works as it should but not the right click. Also left clicking start button won't open start menu, right click works on this one as it works on other system icons (volume, network, clock and notification) but not the left click....
  10. Right Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click: I have just had Windows 10 installed and I notice that now I cannot right click and create a shortcut to a site I am on my screen .If I right click now a small square comes up with Select all,Print, inspect element, view source*Sad 64078