Windows 10: Can't copy after highlight & right click

Discus and support Can't copy after highlight & right click in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home and Office Pro 2016. If I want to copy a line or line of numbers like a usps tracking number, I have to highlight and right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ronnielee09, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Can't copy after highlight & right click

I have Windows 10 Home and Office Pro 2016. If I want to copy a line or line of numbers like a usps tracking number, I have to highlight and right click it 5-7 times before it will copy. Then I can paste it where ever I want. I have changed my mouse three times and the same thing keeps happening. Any advise is greatfully appreciated.

:)

Ronnielee09, Oct 30, 2018

2. I cannot highlight, right click copy and paste.....

Hi Heather,

Aside from the couple of updates installed, there could be other changes performed on your computer that may have caused the copy and paste function to not work properly.

For us to properly sort out this problem, we would like to verify the following:

• Are you using the mouse to highlight, right click, copy, and paste?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when accessing a different website?
    • Have you tried to use the Ctrl+C and Ctrl+ V functions?

In the meantime, try to completely shutdown your PC,then turn it back on and observe if the same issue persists.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 30, 2018
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Oct 30, 2018
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't copy after highlight & right click

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't copy after highlight & right click :cool:

jmcslob, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Can't copy after highlight & right click

1. Can't copy after highlight & right click - Similar Threads - Can't copy highlight

2. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  3. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  4. Highlight and copy !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Highlight and copy !: In my Music folder I have about 30 tracks listed which I would like to copy and paste. If I press Ctrl and A they are all highlighted ready to copy etc. The problem is there are some tracks that I don't want to be highlighted. Is it possible to highlight just the ones I want...
  5. Right click text highlight menu color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click text highlight menu color: Hi, With the new windows update, The highlighted box color is grey as you can see in the example below when I hover over "Refresh". Is there a way to change that to blue ? I dont want to change the theme . [ATTACH] Thank you...
  6. Right Click/copy produces a sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right Click/copy produces a sound: Windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.628. This has just started after a recent update. I don't remember which one. In Excel, Word, Outlook and others, whenever I right click on a word or entry and then select Copy I get a short 'chirp' that I find annoying. The copying occurs...
  7. Right click for copy doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right click for copy doesn't work: Not sure why I can't right click for copy anymore!? It has been working all the time and all in a sudden it stopped working. Bought a new mouse and still not working. Please advise....
  8. Can't right click and drag or copy files

Can't right click and drag or copy files: I recently lost the ability to right click and copy files to a separate folder or the desktop. I have tried several of the fixes posted online but with no luck....
  9. Highlight & Right Click Search Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Highlight & Right Click Search Not Working: When I highlight a word or series of words in a website and right click it says “search Google for “that word or phrase” and nothing happens. How do I fix that?...
  10. right click menu highlight color

right click menu highlight color: Hi, I noticed something. The right click menu highlight color changes depending on the file type (or folder). Here is an example using default theme [img] Highlight color and text color changes depending on the file type (jpg, exe, zip, etc) and if a folder is...