Windows 10: Cant copy and past to/from remote desktop

Discus and support Cant copy and past to/from remote desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, this problem is getting worse and happens daily. I have Windows 10 Pro. I have 2 monitors and use Remote Desktop Version 10.1.1088.0 on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Fern Turpin, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Cant copy and past to/from remote desktop

Hi All, this problem is getting worse and happens daily.

I have Windows 10 Pro.

I have 2 monitors and use Remote Desktop Version 10.1.1088.0 on my system.

I use this all day.

I go back and forth between the RDP and my windows desktop apps. (excel, word, Outlook, etc).

So, scenario. I select the word TEST1 in Word, click copy then select Outlook and Paste, and it all works as it is supposed to.

Then I need to copy from the RDP app. I select the text WILLTHISWORK, click copy, go to Outlook (Outside of the RDP window) and select Paste and I get what TEST1, what I had originally copied. BUT if I go back to the RDP and paste there, it will paste the WILLITWORK.

Sometimes, if I log out of the RDP app, and close Remote Desktop, then open and log back in, it will work, other times I have to reboot my system.

This problem is driving me crazy, any suggestions?

:)

Fern Turpin, Nov 29, 2018

2. Can't copy and paste between local desktop and remote desktop...paste function grayed out. Need HELP

I have always been able to copy and paste between my local desktop and Remote Desktop. All of the sudden, I copied a file from Remote Desktop and tried pasting to my local desktop and the paste function is grayed out. HELP!

mdrichardson1, Nov 29, 2018
  3. RDC copy and paste

Hi Grant,

For the Remote Desktop Connection issue on your computers, you can follow some helpful solutions from this link:

Copy Paste not working via RDP connection.

If the issue persists after the performing the suggested steps from the provided link, you can also post a query on the same thread.

Regards.

Marque Lor, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Cant copy and past to/from remote desktop

How to copy and paste file with the "Remote Desktop" app?

There are two RDP clients for Windows 10:

• the old Remote Desktop Connection client (built-in)
    • the newer Remote Desktop client (windows store).

While I have no trouble to copy and paste files around with the old client, I cannot manage to do the same thing with the newer client. How do I copy and paste files between machines with the Remote Desktop app?

Joannes Vermorel, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Cant copy and past to/from remote desktop

1. Cant copy and past to/from remote desktop - Similar Threads - Cant copy past

2. Remote Desktop App copy paste files does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop App copy paste files does not work: Dear Microsoft!I have downloaded your Microsoft Remote Desktop App from the Microsoft Store.It is a very great and useful app, much better than the original, ancient one! Although it has one very unfortunate missing elements: why we cannot copy paste files, just only text,...
  3. Remote Desktop App copy paste files does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop App copy paste files does not work: Dear Microsoft!I have downloaded your Microsoft Remote Desktop App from the Microsoft Store.It is a very great and useful app, much better than the original, ancient one! Although it has one very unfortunate missing elements: why we cannot copy paste files, just only text,...
  4. Remote Desktop App copy paste files does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. i cant copy paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant copy paste: i try to press ctrl+c/v to copy and paste but it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-copy-paste/f8f09b04-234b-44a4-88ea-991cc9d80283
  6. i cant copy paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant copy paste: i try to press ctrl+c/v to copy and paste but it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-copy-paste/f8f09b04-234b-44a4-88ea-991cc9d80283
  7. Cannot Copy Paste in Remote Desktop Session in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot Copy Paste in Remote Desktop Session in Windows 10: When you connect a computer using the Remote Desktop (RDP), at times, you cannot copy data between the source and the destination computer. When I say data, I mean the text or image available with the clipboard. One can also have trouble copying files between the computer....
  8. REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTION - COPY AND PASTE

REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTION - COPY AND PASTE: Hello, I have set up a Remote Desktop Connection through the built-in app that Windows 10 has and I am having problems with copying and pasting to and from my local machine and the remote computer. I have edited my settings on the RDC: Local Resources tab -> Local...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection - Copy and Paste

Remote Desktop Connection - Copy and Paste: Hello, I have set up a Remote Desktop Connection through the built-in app that Windows 10 has and I am having problems with copying and pasting to and from my local machine and the remote computer. I have edited my settings on the RDC: Local Resources tab -> Local...
  10. Cant Remote Desktop Anymore

Cant Remote Desktop Anymore: Hi, My home Windows 10 laptop has recently updated and I can now no longer Remote Desktop to my windows 10 desktop based in my work office. Before, I had to enter the microsoft username that was associated with my work desktop and it would allow me to connect from home...