Windows 10: Can't copy and paste files from one hard drive to another. Both drives are NTFS...... Error...

Discus and support Can't copy and paste files from one hard drive to another. Both drives are NTFS...... Error... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The title basically explains everything going on here. I am trying to move my FL Studio files to a different drive because it is taking up all my space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ColetonGabriel, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Can't copy and paste files from one hard drive to another. Both drives are NTFS...... Error...

The title basically explains everything going on here. I am trying to move my FL Studio files to a different drive because it is taking up all my space on my main SSD. I've been searching online all day for information about what is the issue and it seems all people have for me is to format my drives to NTFS. Well, that is not the case here because all my drives were already in that file format, but when I try to copy and paste my 100gb of data I still get the error " There isn't enough space on "c" drive" or " there isn't enough space in folder "audio" the folder I am trying to copy it to ?? . Keep in mind the ssd I am trying to copy these files to is a 2TB drive that is barely used at all. Again, I am only trying to copy over 100gb of information so I am very confused about this. Anybody got any ideas ? It would be much appreciated! Getting super frustrated with this.

:)

ColetonGabriel, Nov 23, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Copy and paste W10 not working when copy and pasting files in flash drive

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be gad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Is the issue with particular Flash drive?
    • Are you able to copy and past with in Windows?
    • What is the format of the Flash drive?
    To isolate the issue I suggest you check using the flash drive in different port and check. If the issue persists, I suggest you to check with different flash drive and check if you are facing the same issue.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you with this issue further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

Can't copy and paste files from one hard drive to another. Both drives are NTFS...... Error...

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Can't copy and paste files from one hard drive to another. Both drives are NTFS...... Error...

1. Can't copy and paste files from one hard drive to another. Both drives are NTFS...... Error... - Similar Threads - Can't copy paste

2. Copying files from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copying files from one drive to another: Hello, I am copying my useless files from my small storaged ssd to my harddrive, but when i copy over the files their sizes are 10x bigger, the files im copying is only 7.20 gb large but it's copying 70gb worth of storage to my hdd? Please give answers :) submitted by...
  3. copying from one external hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copying from one external hard drive to another: I am trying to copy a large folder of photo files from one external hard drive to another in Windows 10. I used a drag and drop command and the resulting window showed progress as I could see the names of individual photo files showing briefly. After the copy process...
  4. How to copy from one flash drive to another?

How to copy from one flash drive to another?: How do I copy the folders from one flash drive to another and preserve the folder modification dates and security permissions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-copy-from-one-flash-drive-to-another/fcf961df-ce99-4ea8-b13a-45179f677093
  5. can't copy a large folder from one drive to another

can't copy a large folder from one drive to another: trying to copy a large folder windows.old, about 13 gb from C; to D;. process stops in midstream and hangs. ideas? On a windows 10 desktop PC...
  6. Copy one hard drive "in toto" and move to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy one hard drive "in toto" and move to another hard drive: I have purchased a 2 TB Samsung SSD to replace a 2 TB Toshiba HD - it is the system boot drive. What software have you successfully used to move one drive to the other - so that when I power off and remove the Toshiba HD, the system boots from the new 2 TB Samsung SSD???...
  7. Cut and Pasting from one drive to another.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cut and Pasting from one drive to another.: I was running out of space on my C drive. Would it be harmful for me to cut and paste a high memory folder from program files 86 cause any harmmainly games? I tried to allocate space to the C drive from a SSD but it wouldn't let me....
  8. Transfer from one hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer from one hard drive to another?: I had a 120GB SSD and decided, since I'm running low on space, to upgrade to a 480GB SSD. However, I wanted to use the 120GB for something else now (Linux) and then use the 480GB as the main hard drive. That being said, since my Windows 10 OS (and saved files) is on my 120GB...
  9. Error when I copy paste files on another folder or external drive.

Error when I copy paste files on another folder or external drive.: When I copy paste a folder to another folder or external drive I get the following error: Destination Path too long. I can't just simply rename the folder or move thing around because it's files from projects like android studio and unity. Any solutions? Thanks in advance....
  10. Copy images files from old hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy images files from old hard drive to another: I found an old hard drive which I want to format, not before I transfer all the photos there, It's just that it's so old I wanted to know if there's a faster way than to search for them. Maybe there's a way to find all images files (jpeg, png) and copy them? ty 66410