Windows 10: Cant copy and paste, folder icons are weird?

Discus and support Cant copy and paste, folder icons are weird? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So i cant copy and paste anything from my external devices, also the folder icons are messed up. What happend, and how can i fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FroggyCracker, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Cant copy and paste, folder icons are weird?

/u/FroggyCracker, Nov 23, 2019
  2. Mr McC Win User

Weird desktop icon behaviour on Steam

Yes, they are; however, when I right click on the "blue sphere" icon to change it and browse to the corresponding folder inside the Steam folder, it lets me go through all the steps, but the blue sphere remains. *Confused Cant copy and paste, folder icons are weird? :confused:

Mr McC, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Start Menu Folder Icons are being weird.

We appreciate the screenshot you included. Rebuilding icon cache may help us resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Copy and paste each command below one at a time into the command prompt, and press
      Enter after each command.
      • ie4uinit.exe -show
      • taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F
      • DEL /A /Q "%localappdata%\IconCache.db"
      • DEL /A /F /Q "%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\iconcache*"
      • shutdown /r /f /t 00
    Note: Performing the steps above will involve killing explorer and restarting the PC. We suggest saving anything that you're working on before proceeding.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Cant copy and paste, folder icons are weird?

How to copy and paste photos from one folder to another.

Hi Randy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. I will do my best to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps:

• Open the photo folder location, right click on the photo and select Copy from the drop down.
    • Now go to the folder location where you wanted to paste the photo, right click on the on the blank space and Select paste from the drop down.
    Hop this helps let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Cant copy and paste, folder icons are weird?

1. Cant copy and paste, folder icons are weird? - Similar Threads - Cant copy paste

2. i cant copy paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant copy paste: i try to press ctrl+c/v to copy and paste but it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-copy-paste/f8f09b04-234b-44a4-88ea-991cc9d80283
  3. i cant copy paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant copy paste: i try to press ctrl+c/v to copy and paste but it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-copy-paste/f8f09b04-234b-44a4-88ea-991cc9d80283
  4. Cant Copy and Paste large iphone DCIM photo folders WIN11

Cant Copy and Paste large iphone DCIM photo folders WIN11: I can't copy and paste large iPhone DCIM photo folders to my external drive. If it is of small memory capacity, it seems to copy fine. Exceed somewhere about 60MB, either as the folder total, or copying multiple files that accumulate memory somewhere over 60MB is fails. I...
  5. Copy and paste option in folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy and paste option in folders: Hi,With some folders there's the 3 options for conflics with copy/paste: - replace- keep the version- Create a copyBut sometime, there's only the first 2. How can I change add the "create a copy" option? Thanks!...
  6. Copy and paste option in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy and paste option in folders: Hi,With some folders there's the 3 options for conflics with copy/paste: - replace- keep the version- Create a copyBut sometime, there's only the first 2. How can I change add the "create a copy" option? Thanks!...
  7. Copy and paste option in folders

8. weird Folder Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird Folder Icon: so for windows 11 was fine with 0 glitches or bugs but today I turn on my laptop and had some glitchfolder icon if this is an update please revert it back if it is not then any fix...
  9. weird Folder Icon

weird Folder Icon: so for windows 11 was fine with 0 glitches or bugs but today I turn on my laptop and had some glitchfolder icon if this is an update please revert it back if it is not then any fix...
  10. Multiple Folders not copying and Pasting.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple Folders not copying and Pasting.: I just updated to Windows 10 PRO Build 18363.592 Version 1909. When I try to copy 4 or 5 folders from one location to the other, nothing happens. I have to copy one folder at the time. This is very annoying. Is there any fix for this? Thanks...