Windows 10: Can't copy files/folders with Q-Dir

Discus and support Can't copy files/folders with Q-Dir in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using Q-Dir for years. This is a dual-pane file manager.For the last 2 months I have been having problems dragging files and or folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by N7AS, Nov 29, 2020.

1. N7AS Win User

Can't copy files/folders with Q-Dir

I have been using Q-Dir for years. This is a dual-pane file manager.For the last 2 months I have been having problems dragging files and or folders from one pane to another. When I do so, Q-Dir suddenly closes. But I can copy files and folders to Windows File Explorer. Is anyone else having the same problems with Q-Dir?Is there another dual-pane file manager that is simple like Q-Dir?Also, is there a way I can bring up 2 instances of Windows File Explorer?

:)

2. How to specify folders' viewing preferences in Q-Dir ?

Hi,

I'm using Q-Dir 7.35 as an alternative to File Explorer.

I would like to know how to save viewing preferences for each folder I open with Q-Dir (or with File explorer, for that matter).

For example, the <Fish> folder would open in Q-Dir (or File Explorer) with Small Icons all listed alphabetically, while the <Olifant> folder would be displayed with Large Icons while organized by file types (jpg, pdf, text files, etc.)

I hope I'm making sense *Huh.

Bourgeoisbonobo, Nov 29, 2020
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't copy files/folders with Q-Dir - Similar Threads - Can't copy files

2. Documents Folder under the user dir now points to the user dir and I can't change it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents Folder under the user dir now points to the user dir and I can't change it.: I was trying to move my user folder "%USERPROFILE%\Documents", using the location tab, to another directory and accidentally used "%USERPROFILE%". Now if I go to that dir "%USERPROFILE%" The documents folder takes me back to "%USERPROFILE%". The Location tab is now gone. I...
  3. Documents Folder under the user dir now points to the user dir and I can't change it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents Folder under the user dir now points to the user dir and I can't change it.: I was trying to move my user folder "%USERPROFILE%\Documents", using the location tab, to another directory and accidentally used "%USERPROFILE%". Now if I go to that dir "%USERPROFILE%" The documents folder takes me back to "%USERPROFILE%". The Location tab is now gone. I...
  4. File Copies in Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Copies in Folders: Using WIN not using One Drive -I made a new folder to copy certain documents into it to have a folder dedicated for a specific topic. I copied the files from one folder to the next. I made some changes to the names of the files. I closed the folder. When I reopened it later...
  5. File Copies in Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Copies in Folders: Using WIN not using One Drive -I made a new folder to copy certain documents into it to have a folder dedicated for a specific topic. I copied the files from one folder to the next. I made some changes to the names of the files. I closed the folder. When I reopened it later...
  6. File Copies in Folders

7. Copying files to new folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copying files to new folders: I have a main folder (A), many subfolders and a file (B). Every time I create a new folder in A, I wanna copy C inside that new folder. Is that possible? submitted by /u/kolbyng [link] [comments]...
  8. Cannot copy file or folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot copy file or folder: Hey guys, I have an Android phone and a windows pc with 2TB harddrive ,i have to copy files from android to pc but I have encountered an error saying "Error copying File or folder" -> "The requested resource is in use" Help me with this issue guy's and formatting the disk...
  9. How to specify folders' viewing preferences in Q-Dir ?

How to specify folders' viewing preferences in Q-Dir ?: Hi, I'm using Q-Dir 7.35 as an alternative to File Explorer. I would like to know how to save viewing preferences for each folder I open with Q-Dir (or with File explorer, for that matter). For example, the <Fish> folder would open in Q-Dir (or File Explorer) with Small...
  10. Program Files folders not listed in Dir

in Windows 10 Support
    Program Files folders not listed in Dir: I cannot "CD\Window\Program Files" from a administrator command prompt and if I do a "Dir", "Programs Files" and "Program Files (86)" are not listed. I have a folder that I want to change the attributes on and can't do it because I don't have access to the parent folder....