Windows 10: Can't copy files to network usb drive

Discus and support Can't copy files to network usb drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't copy files to network usb drive. I can copy from the network drive to the computer. Plus I can't make a new folder in windows 10 too on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dmdilks, Feb 2, 2019.

1. dmdilks Win User

Can't copy files to network usb drive

I can't copy files to network usb drive. I can copy from the network drive to the computer. Plus I can't make a new folder in windows 10 too on the network drive. It is almost like the drive is in like ready only state in windows 10.

I have no problems with windows 7. I can copy and paste all day long. Plus I connected another windows 7 computer no problems.

In windows 7 the drive shows up in the network as readyshare. In windows 10 it shows up in This pc and is name ReadyDLNA:R6250. There is nothing on the Network page.

I have one computer that is windows 7 & one that is windows 10. Now could that be a problem? I even reset the network to the default settings just to make sure and it is the same.

:)

dmdilks, Feb 2, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Feb 2, 2019
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't copy files to network usb drive - Similar Threads - Can't copy files

2. Can't copy to shared network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't copy to shared network drive: I have a NAS drive that two Win 10 computers can write to with no problem but a Win 11 computer gives me a 0x80070026 Reached the end of the file when I try to copy or save anything to it. Strange thing about it is some programs will save a file to this drive with no problem...
  3. Can't copy to shared network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't copy to shared network drive: I have a NAS drive that two Win 10 computers can write to with no problem but a Win 11 computer gives me a 0x80070026 Reached the end of the file when I try to copy or save anything to it. Strange thing about it is some programs will save a file to this drive with no problem...
  4. Copying a file to a network drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying a file to a network drive.: Hello. There was a problem with copying small files less than 481 kb from a network drive Netgear REDINAS Ultra 2 to a computer and back. Larger files are transferred without problems. Windows 11 version 25115. There is no problem on a computer with Windows 11 22000....
  5. Copying a file to a network drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying a file to a network drive.: Hello. There was a problem with copying small files less than 481 kb from a network drive Netgear REDINAS Ultra 2 to a computer and back. Larger files are transferred without problems. Windows 11 version 25115. There is no problem on a computer with Windows 11 22000....
  6. Can't copy files to USB drive because of encryption on unencrypted usb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't copy files to USB drive because of encryption on unencrypted usb drive: Hi @ all,i set up a new device with a barely configured intune tenant.Now i wanted to copy some files from this client to an usb drive but win10 always tells me it's encrypted while it is not.This prevents me from copying files.Win10 version is 20h2.Someone already heard of...
  7. Copying network information to usb flash drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying network information to usb flash drive.: Hello, I wish, as the title implies, to copy network information to a usb drive so that I can insert USB drive into my Canon printer to enable the printer to connect to the WiFi network. This has occurred after getting a new WiFi signal. The printer does not seem to allow...
  8. Can't copy files from laptop to USB flash drive

Can't copy files from laptop to USB flash drive: Can't copy files from PC Windows 10 laptop to USB drive nor delete file/folders on USB drive. Says I need administrator permission. I am the administrator. I can copy files/folders from USB to desktop. SD card is formatted for FAT32 so no security tab under properties....
  9. Can't access network USB drive

Can't access network USB drive: I hooked up a USB HDD to my router (Tenda AC15) and setup the router to share the drive via FTP. It gives me the FTP address but when I try to connect with any internet browser I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. If I try to map the network drive I get the screen asking for the...
  10. Copy WinSXS file to usb drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copy WinSXS file to usb drive: I have two desktops - exactly same specs - Windows 10 10240. One runs SFC Scannow showing no corruption and DISM with no errors. The other has corruption but SFC can't fix and Dism can't find source files. My thinking is if I can use the 1st pc's WinSXS files to run DISM,...