Windows 10: Can't copy files to network usb drive

Discus and support Can't copy files to network usb drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't copy files to network usb drive. I can copy from the network drive to the computer. Plus I can't make a new folder in windows 10 too on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dmdilks, Feb 2, 2019.

1. dmdilks Win User

Can't copy files to network usb drive

I can't copy files to network usb drive. I can copy from the network drive to the computer. Plus I can't make a new folder in windows 10 too on the network drive. It is almost like the drive is in like ready only state in windows 10.

I have no problems with windows 7. I can copy and paste all day long. Plus I connected another windows 7 computer no problems.

In windows 7 the drive shows up in the network as readyshare. In windows 10 it shows up in This pc and is name ReadyDLNA:R6250. There is nothing on the Network page.

I have one computer that is windows 7 & one that is windows 10. Now could that be a problem? I even reset the network to the default settings just to make sure and it is the same.

:)

dmdilks, Feb 2, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Feb 2, 2019
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't copy files to network usb drive - Similar Threads - Can't copy files

2. no permission to copy files on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no permission to copy files on network: I have two computers connected to my Network. One of the computer desktop run W10 Pro 1809/64 and connected by Ethernet. The other computer laptop run W10 Home 1803/64 and connected by WiFi. Computers see themselves each other, but attempt of the copying of files from one...
  3. Unable to copy all files to USB flash drive

Unable to copy all files to USB flash drive: Hi, I purchased two 128GB usb flash drive to backup several files. But when the size or number of files exceed a limit - which is not big and it is less than 2000 number of files - it gives an error. Then when I open the drive, all other already-copied files are also...
  4. Can't access network USB drive

Can't access network USB drive: I hooked up a USB HDD to my router (Tenda AC15) and setup the router to share the drive via FTP. It gives me the FTP address but when I try to connect with any internet browser I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. If I try to map the network drive I get the screen asking for the...
  5. 2TB USB Drive appears to copy files but does not

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2TB USB Drive appears to copy files but does not: I have a 2TB USB drive ... I can copy files but at some point it appears that files are copied but only the folder exists once I remove the drive from the computer and go to read it later. I had this same issue with 512G micro SD cards although those gave a generic Windows...
  6. Can't copy files to other network computers

Can't copy files to other network computers: Using Windows 10 Explorer, I can't copy a file from this main computer to any other network computer. Right now, I get an "Interrupted - 0% Complete" window that pops up and freezes. By the way, XXCopy does in fact work and clones folders from one computer to another. Now...
  7. Can't access network usb shared hard drive

Can't access network usb shared hard drive: I may have posted this before, so I apologize for being repetitive. I have a hard drive that is connect to my modem / router via a usb connection. The drive is accessed via \\mynetwork\NETWORKHD After rebooting my router, this will work for some number of days before...
  8. Long file name problem: copied to external drive but can't copy back

in Windows 10 Support
    Long file name problem: copied to external drive but can't copy back: I just finished replacing my motherboard/CPU and a few drives and re-installed Win10 in the process. I backed up the data on the drives to USB drives and had no issues. But now I can't copy the data off the external drive because of the "File name too long" error. I've...
  9. Copy network settings to usb stick?

Copy network settings to usb stick?: In Windows 7 I could copy my network settings to a usb stick and transfer it to another machine just by clicking on the file generated - really simple. But I can't find the same option in Win 10 - Anybody? 31476
  10. Copy WinSXS file to usb drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copy WinSXS file to usb drive: I have two desktops - exactly same specs - Windows 10 10240. One runs SFC Scannow showing no corruption and DISM with no errors. The other has corruption but SFC can't fix and Dism can't find source files. My thinking is if I can use the 1st pc's WinSXS files to run DISM,...