Windows 10: Can't Copy Large Folders From Drive To Drive In Windows 10

Discus and support Can't Copy Large Folders From Drive To Drive In Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can't Copy Large Folders From Drive To Drive In Windows 10 I have multiple drives in my computer, and when I want to copy one large folder from one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Warthog50, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Warthog50 Win User

Can't Copy Large Folders From Drive To Drive In Windows 10

I have multiple drives in my computer, and when I want to copy one large folder from one NTFS drive to another NTFS drive, it gets to the stage of preparing to copy. Then everything stops and disappears and nothing gets copied.

Never had this problem before. This is what I'm running.

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎8/‎07/‎2020

OS build 19042.423

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

TIA

:)

Warthog50, Aug 8, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Aug 8, 2020
  3. ron732 Win User
    Copying a whole drive

On an XP machine I had success copying large amounts of files and folders to an external USB drive using Teracopy. Products - Code Sector On Windows 7 you may have to disable UAC like newtekie1 said.

ron732, Aug 8, 2020
  4. trog100 Win User

Copying Hard Drives

bart pe is worth getting.. its a freeware win pe pretty much a self contained xp operating system on a cd.. depending what apps are installed on it u can do pretty much everything completely independent of windows..

u just install your second drive make sure your partitions are the same or as u want them and just copy the contents of one drive straight to the other.. remove the first drive and the machine will boot from the new one..

u can put the old one back afterwards and change drive letters and such to make sense in windows if u want to..

the c: documents and settings folder plus the windows folder and the loose files on C: are in essense "windows".. u can just copy these and the new drive will work..

with win 98 it was only the windows folder and the loose files that needed to be copied.. with xp u need the other folder..

http://www.bartpe.org/

trog

trog100, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't Copy Large Folders From Drive To Drive In Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't Copy Large

2. Cannot copy/cut from google drive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot copy/cut from google drive folder: I cannot copy/cut from my old google drive folder. If I press ctrl+x or ctrl+c and ctrl+v the files do not get pasted to the destination folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copycut-from-google-drive-folder/8fe177ad-fac9-446e-913c-af3e18d76c1b
  3. Cannot copy/cut from google drive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot copy/cut from google drive folder: I cannot copy/cut from my old google drive folder. If I press ctrl+x or ctrl+c and ctrl+v the files do not get pasted to the destination folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copycut-from-google-drive-folder/8fe177ad-fac9-446e-913c-af3e18d76c1b
  4. Cannot copy/cut from google drive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Copying files/folders from external drive to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files/folders from external drive to windows: Hi, I have a new windows 11 laptop and am bringing files/folders from my external drive across. Sometimes its a seamless copy and paste. Other times it flashes up "preparing" to copy folder to folder then the pop up window shuts without actually copying and sometimes it just...
  6. Copying files/folders from external drive to windows

Copying files/folders from external drive to windows: Hi, I have a new windows 11 laptop and am bringing files/folders from my external drive across. Sometimes its a seamless copy and paste. Other times it flashes up "preparing" to copy folder to folder then the pop up window shuts without actually copying and sometimes it just...
  7. copying files from drive a: to drive b:

copying files from drive a: to drive b:: I am using windows 10 home.I copies 1 folder from a to b.However when I compare the 2 folders it does not matchIs there a windows program to compare the 2 folders and see what is missing.Thanks very much...
  8. copying large folders from hard disk to external usb drive

in Windows 10 Support
    copying large folders from hard disk to external usb drive: when i am copying 2 large folders both more than 2GB in size from hard disk to usb external drive should i copy both of them at same time or one at a time???????? thnx in advance 176705
  9. can't take ownership of folders copied on hard drive

can't take ownership of folders copied on hard drive: Hi, On my old pc I copied some files on an HDD then removed it and installed it in another PC. On the new pc I can see the folders and some programs like unlocker allow me to see files in them. I tried everything from unlocker to registry edits to allow to take ownership...
  10. can't copy a large folder from one drive to another

can't copy a large folder from one drive to another: trying to copy a large folder windows.old, about 13 gb from C; to D;. process stops in midstream and hangs. ideas? On a windows 10 desktop PC...