Windows 10: Can't copy or paste using ctrl-c and ctrl-v, on anything.

Discus and support Can't copy or paste using ctrl-c and ctrl-v, on anything. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I work as a cashier at a ROBLOX restaurant [don't ask] and I need to be able to paste my 'greeting' to ask customer what they'd like. But the thing is,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by katejackson2, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Can't copy or paste using ctrl-c and ctrl-v, on anything.

I work as a cashier at a ROBLOX restaurant [don't ask] and I need to be able to paste my 'greeting' to ask customer what they'd like. But the thing is, I can't. It just doesn't do it. I've tried scanning the hard drive, to no avail. I just press ctrl-v and nothing shows up. I can cut, but not paste. I've tried it on edge, sticky notes, and roblox. Nothing. Please help! I don't want to lose my job.

:)

katejackson2, Apr 19, 2019

2. Generic Text Getting Pasted when Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V

This is been happening for a week now. When I do Ctrl+C once, it copies and pastes the above generic text but when I do Ctrl+C twice the text that I have selected gets copied and pasted. However, when I do Ctrl+V again the generic text reappears in the
    paste screen again.

krishnachandra281, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Ctrl + V/C broken.

I believe it's CTRL + C to copy, and CTRL + V to paste, basically regular shortcuts.

Errorname404, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Can't copy or paste using ctrl-c and ctrl-v, on anything.

Generic Text Getting Pasted when Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V

When I do Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V, a generic text something like "C:\Users\AABCD\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-07--12-30-34_.dmp" gets pasted every time instead of the text
    that I have copied.

I have also checked my keyboard and the keys seems to function well.

krishnachandra281, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

Can't copy or paste using ctrl-c and ctrl-v, on anything.

1. Can't copy or paste using ctrl-c and ctrl-v, on anything. - Similar Threads - Can't copy paste

2. cannot copy and paste using windows 11? ctrl +c and ctrl + v on laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot copy and paste using windows 11? ctrl +c and ctrl + v on laptop.: cannot copy and paste using windows 11 on my HP laptop? ctrl + c and ctrl + v. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copy-and-paste-using-windows-11-ctrl-c-and/740cc9de-c593-4b55-ae2d-3edfc3d8d357
  3. cannot copy and paste using windows 11? ctrl +c and ctrl + v on laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot copy and paste using windows 11? ctrl +c and ctrl + v on laptop.: cannot copy and paste using windows 11 on my HP laptop? ctrl + c and ctrl + v. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copy-and-paste-using-windows-11-ctrl-c-and/740cc9de-c593-4b55-ae2d-3edfc3d8d357
  4. ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working: hellorecently ctrl+c and ctrl+v have tended to stop working a lot, it's really annoying, i've tried most of what i can find on the internet after a while and nothing seems to be workingthings i've tried:-updating keyboard drivers-uninstalling keyboard drivers-ensuring that...
  5. ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working

ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working: hellorecently ctrl+c and ctrl+v have tended to stop working a lot, it's really annoying, i've tried most of what i can find on the internet after a while and nothing seems to be workingthings i've tried:-updating keyboard drivers-uninstalling keyboard drivers-ensuring that...
  6. CTRL + c and CTRL + v on keyboard

CTRL + c and CTRL + v on keyboard: I have an external keyboard attached to my laptop using Windows 10. Somehow I must have hit something on my keyboard because now when I highlight a line and use CTRL + C it does remove that line but replaces it with a c. same thing with a CTRL + V, replaces it with a v. I can...
  7. CTRL + c and CTRL + v on keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL + c and CTRL + v on keyboard: I have an external keyboard attached to my laptop using Windows 10. Somehow I must have hit something on my keyboard because now when I highlight a line and use CTRL + C it does remove that line but replaces it with a c. same thing with a CTRL + V, replaces it with a v. I can...
  8. Ctrl C and Ctrl V Copy and paste works on and off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl C and Ctrl V Copy and paste works on and off: Hi ! I am a huge fan of short cuts and I am having a recurrent problem that makes me nutts ! The Copy and Paste works only one out of two times. It is not a memory/cash problem, it has been checked by our IT services. The Ctrl X works better but the Ctrl V doens't works...
  9. Mouse without boarders Copy/Paste (CTRL+C & CTRL-V) not working

Mouse without boarders Copy/Paste (CTRL+C & CTRL-V) not working: I have mouse without borders connecting 2 computers (laptop and desktop) both running Windows 10 64bit. The desktop has 2 identical monitors. When I copy (using CTRL+C) something to the clipboard on one machine it does not copy to the other machine. Occasionally this...
  10. Ctrl-V/paste keeps pasting the same text no mater what I CTRL-C/copy

Ctrl-V/paste keeps pasting the same text no mater what I CTRL-C/copy: This just started happening and is driving me crazy ;-) No matter what I highlight and either ctrl-c or right-click copy, when I ctrl-v or right-click paste - the same text gets pasted (it never changes). I tried various apps (including clipboard app from MS) to clear the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i use ctrl c to copy

2. roblox copy and paste but dont ctrl

3. why i cant copy and paste using ctrl c

4. control c copy paste,
  5. clipboard user service stopped working,
  6. cant ctrl and c to copy on my keyboard,
  7. ctrl c ctrl v dont work through keyboard,
  8. why cant i copy and paste using ctrl v,
  9. x-server cant copy & paste,
  10. cant copy or paste,
  11. win 10 only shows copy ctrl C on right click,