Windows 10: can't copy to flash

Discus and support can't copy to flash in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; after recent updates, I can't copy any type of file to any flash drive and there no any error message , I checked to see if I can copy to my phone and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 42015108, Oct 12, 2018.

1. 42015108 Win User

can't copy to flash

after recent updates, I can't copy any type of file to any flash drive and there no any error message , I checked to see if I can copy to my phone and it worked but it didn't on flash, I can copy to flash from another pc'c

:)

42015108, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Copy and paste W10 not working when copy and pasting files in flash drive

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be gad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Is the issue with particular Flash drive?
    • Are you able to copy and past with in Windows?
    • What is the format of the Flash drive?
    To isolate the issue I suggest you check using the flash drive in different port and check. If the issue persists, I suggest you to check with different flash drive and check if you are facing the same issue.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you with this issue further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Fernandz Win User

can't copy to flash

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

can't copy to flash

1. can't copy to flash - Similar Threads - can't copy flash

2. copying from cd to flash drive only cda copied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copying from cd to flash drive only cda copied: copying from cd to flash drive, only cda files copied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-from-cd-to-flash-drive-only-cda-copied/00a2d501-a6b5-41b4-8a1e-3eb7b188e5e9
  3. copying from cd to flash drive only cda copied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    copying from cd to flash drive only cda copied: copying from cd to flash drive, only cda files copied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-from-cd-to-flash-drive-only-cda-copied/00a2d501-a6b5-41b4-8a1e-3eb7b188e5e9
  4. copying from cd to flash drive only cda copied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. can't copy paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't copy paste: Hello.y try to cut and copy paste a M2TS file from my internal hdd to a usb but i can't.Appears the message that i ahve not administrator privillege https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-copy-paste/1506e3be-69b2-45c2-b452-fbc46344b237
  6. can't copy paste

can't copy paste: Hello.y try to cut and copy paste a M2TS file from my internal hdd to a usb but i can't.Appears the message that i ahve not administrator privillege https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-copy-paste/1506e3be-69b2-45c2-b452-fbc46344b237
  7. Copying network information to usb flash drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying network information to usb flash drive.: Hello, I wish, as the title implies, to copy network information to a usb drive so that I can insert USB drive into my Canon printer to enable the printer to connect to the WiFi network. This has occurred after getting a new WiFi signal. The printer does not seem to allow...
  8. Can't remove Flash

Can't remove Flash: After reading about Microsoft ending Flash support, I thought I'd remove it completely from my Windows 10 Pro x64 (if it's there at all). I downloaded the Adobe Flash uninstaller, ran it, restarted the pc, opened Internet Explorer (I don't use IE, but that's probably where...
  9. Can't copy files from laptop to USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't copy files from laptop to USB flash drive: Can't copy files from PC Windows 10 laptop to USB drive nor delete file/folders on USB drive. Says I need administrator permission. I am the administrator. I can copy files/folders from USB to desktop. SD card is formatted for FAT32 so no security tab under properties....
  10. Copy a DVD onto a usb drive flash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copy a DVD onto a usb drive flash: How do I Copy a DVD onto a usb drive flash? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-a-dvd-onto-a-usb-drive-flash/717a7fe9-432b-499c-aa65-aa77754a0457