Windows 10: Can't copy to shared network drive

Discus and support Can't copy to shared network drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a NAS drive that two Win 10 computers can write to with no problem but a Win 11 computer gives me a 0x80070026 Reached the end of the file when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SteveMartinXY, May 24, 2022.

1. Can't copy to shared network drive

I have a NAS drive that two Win 10 computers can write to with no problem but a Win 11 computer gives me a 0x80070026 Reached the end of the file when I try to copy or save anything to it. Strange thing about it is some programs will save a file to this drive with no problem but when I try to use File Explorer to just copy and save a file, I get the error. I'm also having a problem with Windows Store doing updates. Some updates install without issue but others give the "Something happened on our end" error. I have a feeling there's some security setting that is causing the problem but not sure

:)

SteveMartinXY, May 24, 2022

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, May 24, 2022
  3. woodson2 Win User
    Can't copy/move to network shares from VISTA

Can't copy/move to network shares
    Hello, I have a Vista laptop that can no longer copy or move files to any XP/VISTA or Samba network shares. This was working at one time, but has since stopped. I receive the following error when trying to copy a file from my local drive. There is a problem accessing (path to local file) Please check your network connection etc..etc.. I have turned off the firewall and windows defender, network discovery in on and file sharing enabled(with password auth disabled). the workgroup is set correctly. I tried moving the files I want to copy to the Vista "public" folder and this makes no difference.. the files are very small 20-30kb so size isn't the issue.I've tried disabling UAC to no avail..I also removed Norton Suite from the machine....Like I said this just stopped working...(maybe after a windows update)?? Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

I'm running Vista home premium SP1 32-bit

What I can do.
    1.Create a new file/folder on the same network shares in question.
    2.Copy/move a file from the XP/Samba network share to my Vista machine.
    3. If I create a new text file on the desktop I'm able to copy as expected...strange but true..I looked at the permissions on the newly created file and they are the same as all the other files I'm trying to copy.

woodson2, May 24, 2022
  4. DTG1 Win User

Can't copy to shared network drive

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

Can't copy to shared network drive

1. Can't copy to shared network drive - Similar Threads - Can't copy shared

2. Can't copy to shared network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't copy to shared network drive: I have a NAS drive that two Win 10 computers can write to with no problem but a Win 11 computer gives me a 0x80070026 Reached the end of the file when I try to copy or save anything to it. Strange thing about it is some programs will save a file to this drive with no problem...
  3. Share drive on network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Share drive on network: The Windows 10 installation on a new Dell XPS is configured without the Everyone user for the C:\ object in the Security tab. So I can't share the drive. I can share folders, no problem. I tried adding Everyone, but got a series of errors related to in use files and...
  4. Can't access a shared network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access a shared network drive: I have a Windows desktop system here to which I need to connect my two Windows laptops. Laptop1 connects fine but laptop2 returns an error to the effect that I need permission to access that system. But obviously I've done everything on the desktop system that needs to be...
  5. Shared Network Drive

Shared Network Drive: I can no longer access my shred network drive. When I try to reconnect my other machine ask for credentials. Both machine use my one Microsoft account. I did not have this problem until a few days ago. Up until then it had been working fine. What is causing this problem and...
  6. Can't connect to work shared network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to work shared network drive: Hi guys, I'm trying to connect to the shared network drive so I can work from home, however I'm having a hard time doing so. I keep getting an error stating Windows cannot access .... Check the spelling of the name, otherwise there may be a problem with your network. This...
  7. shared network drive

shared network drive: I am using Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.292 and have set up my home private network. Why do I have to keep doing a network reset on my main computer in order for my notebook to be able to connect to my shared usb drive?...
  8. Can't copy files to network usb drive

Can't copy files to network usb drive: I can't copy files to network usb drive. I can copy from the network drive to the computer. Plus I can't make a new folder in windows 10 too on the network drive. It is almost like the drive is in like ready only state in windows 10. I have no problems with windows 7. I can...
  9. Can't access network usb shared hard drive

Can't access network usb shared hard drive: I may have posted this before, so I apologize for being repetitive. I have a hard drive that is connect to my modem / router via a usb connection. The drive is accessed via \\mynetwork\NETWORKHD After rebooting my router, this will work for some number of days before...
  10. Can't access network usb shared hard drive

Can't access network usb shared hard drive: I have a usb connected hard drive connected to my Bell 2000 router. The instructions to access this drive is to go to the Documents folder and enter \\mynetwork. This then shows the shared hard drive as \\mynetwork\NETWORKHD. If I now click on NETWORKHD I get the following:...