Windows 10: Can't create a Lock screen Slideshow - missing the Pictures icon

Discus and support Can't create a Lock screen Slideshow - missing the Pictures icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. Your excellent tutorial shows the presence of a Pictures icon: [img] In my Settings > Personalisation > Lock Screen, when I select Slideshow,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Taffy078, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Taffy078 Win User

Can't create a Lock screen Slideshow - missing the Pictures icon

Hi. Your excellent tutorial shows the presence of a Pictures icon:

Can't create a Lock screen Slideshow - missing the Pictures icon [​IMG]

In my Settings > Personalisation > Lock Screen, when I select Slideshow, there is no Pictures icon:

Can't create a Lock screen Slideshow - missing the Pictures icon [​IMG]

Any thoughts on what I should do please? *Huh

I have Win10 Home edited at 10:31 to add v.1607 Build 14393.447

:)

Taffy078, Nov 22, 2016

2. Background slideshow error n screen saver settings reset to "NONE"

1) win10 V1709

2) set background (personalization==>settings) to slideshow and pointed to this folder

a) I created a folder name windows 10 wallpaper (aka wp folder) and it only has ALL .jpg files (not even alternate like jpeg, etc, just jpg)

b) there are 2 extra folders that are empty within the pictures library, called "Camera Roll" n "Saved Pictures" These come with the OS, I deleted them 3x and they "came back" on their own despite I didnt restore from rubbish bin

3) set locked screen to also slideshow

4) set screen saver to photos chose wp folder

5) Power & sleep settings==> screen = NEVER, sleep = NEVER

I have tried the workaround for my slideshow for background and locked screen, so will report back whether I am still getting "cant display slideshow" error once in a while (sometimes it decided to work, sometimes not). This is the part i dont quite understand

========================================

CASE: Set screen saver to photos and choose wp folder FIRST

1) set background, locked screen to slideshow==> screen saver reset to "NONE"

2) set background to picture, locked screen to slideshow==> screen saver reset to "NONE"

3) set background to picture, locked screen to picture==>screen saver to picture ==> works screen saver is still picture

Case: Set screen saver AFTER setting background and locked screen

1) set background, locked screen to slideshow==> background and locked screen reset to picture

2) set background to picture, locked screen to slideshow==>both reset to picture

3) set background to slideshow, locked screen to picture==>both reset to picture

* whether i set background to slideshow or locked screen to slideshow or both or one of them to slideshow, the other picture will get RESET to picture once i set screen saver to photos

======================================

million dollar question: Why system even seems to display screen saver sometimes when its set to NEVER sleep for BOTH screen and sleep settings?

and giving me the error "there is a error to display the slideshow" (or something similar)

====================================

what I have tried so far

1) creating another folder making sure its under "library" and copy ALL my wp jpg files to this new folder and set background and locked screen to use this new folder ==> FAILED. Tried 3x

2) currently i tried a trick that one user says work for him, set locked screen to picture, locked the screen, login, set the locked screen to slideshow ==> will report back whether this work or not as I dont locked my screen

YMLeong1609, Nov 22, 2016
  3. Cortana Icon Missing from Lock Screen

@ , did you get the solution for this. I'm facing the same issue.

I've checked every setting with lock screen (like selecting slideshow or picture and turning on Cortana tips)

Cortana settings are on.

but it is not showing the Cortana icon and tips on lock screen.

Same. No solution =(

Shawn Peters, Nov 22, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

Click on Add Folder & navigate to your pictures folder or any other folder which contains the pictures you wish to see & choose OK.

Bastet, Nov 22, 2016
  5. Taffy078 Win User
    Thank you Bastet, over the tops in Manchester - I'm twixt Halifax & Huddersfield.

I created a new folder, named it after my grandson and moved into the photos I have of him. I then followed your advice and am delighted to say it works - a slideshow with split screens! He'll be amazed when he sees it. Thanks you ever so much - much appreciated! *Smile*Smile*Smile

Taffy078, Nov 23, 2016
  6. Bastet Win User
    Glad to hear you're now seeing the slideshow. *Smile
    Not too far away. *Biggrin

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't create a Lock screen Slideshow - missing the Pictures icon - Similar Threads - Can't create Lock

2. Lock Screen SlideShow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen SlideShow: Hello!I have a small issue.I was personalising my computer and when I finished I was really excited!However, when I turned off my computer and turned it back on, a photo that's not in my slideshow folder, appeared. It's agitating as I'm setting up a theme and a random photo...
  3. Lock Screen Slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Slideshow: When I try to set a folder in my files as my lock screen slideshow, they disappear from the folder stating "no items match your search", as if there are no photos in the folder. However, this same folder is successfully being used as my background slideshow. For example, If I...
  4. Screen saver slideshow misses pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver slideshow misses pictures: Why does the screen saver slide-show keep missing pictures from my pictures folder. I have one folder containing multiple pictures approx. 33. However, the screen saver picks up only 10 pictures for the slideshow. To reiterate, all the pictures are of the same format and all...
  5. Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Image Issue

Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Image Issue: Hi, I'm trying to get my lock screen to utilize the slide show option, but when I choose that option I receive a prompt that says " You need more than one picture to show in your slideshow." So I click on the + Add Folder and try and choose spotlight images in my pictures...
  6. Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Imager Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Imager Issue: Hi, I'm trying to get my lock screen to utilize the slide show option, but when I choose that option I receive a prompt that says " You need more than one picture to show in your slideshow." So I click on the + Add Folder and try and choose spotlight images in my pictures...
  7. Lock Screen Slideshow

Lock Screen Slideshow: Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.450 Lock Screen not able to use slideshow feature. I am able to change photo. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-slideshow/121e2b4d-05d9-4cd3-9e5e-089a591c7f33
  8. Lock screen picture overlays slideshow

Lock screen picture overlays slideshow: Hi, my issue with Windows 10x64 1803 Lock screen slideshow not working is a bit different than usual When the issue occurs (not always, but almost always), the screen shows the defined Picture (and no clock etc.) _however_ when I press Enter, before showing the lockscreen...
  9. Lock Screen Slideshow

Lock Screen Slideshow: Suddenly the lock screen slideshow no longer works, it just stays at one picture. I have not made any changes to the folders i have set and there have been no windows updates recently. I tried logging out, I tried restarting but nothing works. What could be causing this 42422
  10. Lock Screen Slideshow

Lock Screen Slideshow: Ok guys has anyone got the slideshow to work on your lock screen yet, i have tried everything including deleteing a particular file in screen folder to making new files everywhere and still nothing, when i press WIN + L it works great but the minute i reboot my PC nothing the...