Windows 10: Can't create a new local user account

Discus and support Can't create a new local user account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I use a local Administrator level account, not a Microsoft account and am trying to create a new local user account to do some testing, but it doesn't... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ztruker, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Ztruker Win User

Can't create a new local user account

I use a local Administrator level account, not a Microsoft account and am trying to create a new local user account to do some testing, but it doesn't work.

When I click on Add someone else to this PC, I get a grey box for a second which goes away and that's it. No error, nothing. Also nothing in Event Viewer.

Can't create a new local user account [​IMG]

Can't create a new local user account [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to fix this?

:)

Ztruker, Oct 3, 2017

2. Undo/Un-sync Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account

Thank you for your quick response. Since we can't change the account type of the user account, the next option that we can do is to create a new local user account and transfer the data of your current user account to the new one, then delete the affected
    user account. For your reference, check this article on how to create a local user or administrator
    account in Windows 10

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Gerard Qui, Oct 3, 2017
  3. ejpalmer Win User
    can't login with new local account

I just created a new local account but can't login with it. I did this 2 months ago with no problem.

I get this error:

The User Profile Service failed the sign-in

User profile cannot be loaded

The method I used is:

1. Run

2. enter "control userpasswords2"

3. click "add"

4. select "local account"

it creates the account.

this is the only method I can find to create a new local user.

ejpalmer, Oct 3, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 3, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Family & other is not available either.

I got this to work by using control userpasswords2 from the Run box then checking Users must enter a username and password to use this computer, which I normally have unchecked as I auto login when I boot up. The Add button was then active which I used to create a new user account.

Ztruker, Oct 3, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news Rich. *Party

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't create a new local user account - Similar Threads - Can't create local

2. Unwanted new User Account created by OS

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unwanted new User Account created by OS: Hi, recently on my Windows 10 home I got an blue page error with fault_in_non_paged error and when it booted again I looked for the support to avoid the future similar error as it was 5th time I got such an error abruptly so the support page of HP asked me to press power...
  3. reinstall Windows (no option to create local user account?)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstall Windows (no option to create local user account?): hi there: I had an issue with my device where I had to reinstall Windows last week. When it got to the point about creating an account, there is no option where I can choose user account. The only option I got was to use my Microsoft account. Did Microsoft take out that...
  4. Can't access to new local user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't access to new local user: I reinstalled windows and it was a proper clean install. I decided to go to a LAN party and give one my laptop to a friend. I thought it is going to be better to make local user account because I only need for one day. I made local user account but it doesn't work. I can...
  5. Creating a Local account on a new computer?

Creating a Local account on a new computer?: I do a lot of new computer set ups for people. So i'm normally unboxing and setting up new Dell's and HP's. I remember before on the initial setup, when Microsoft would ask for an email address, there was a Make Local account button on the bottom left.. but on the past 2-3...
  6. Create user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create user account: I want to create a user account apart from the admin account that I have on my pc with windows 10 how could I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-user-account/2952bb43-3771-4bf1-a45e-d1486e1390e0"
  7. can't create new user account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't create new user account: win 10 installed on a cow chip labeled ASUS. I can't create a new account. Only have one admin account, The tab to create a new user is missing. Tried to create one through Settings. Get message the snapin cannot be used. All this started when I tried to give read only rights...
  8. Can't Create A New User Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Create A New User Windows 10.: Whenever I try to create a new user in the windows settings, I get a popup that says that I need to choose an app to open this in, when I select yes, nothing happens, when I press no, the popup goes away. I have no idea what to do....
  9. New Windows Account changed my local User account can't log in

New Windows Account changed my local User account can't log in: I tried to see Skype Video on Windows 10. Huge mistake. It asked me for a Windows Account. (I just finished understanding what Google Account means). I happened to have a Windows Account. I entered it and it accepted it. It then asked that I must also change the password...
  10. Unable to Create New User Account

Unable to Create New User Account: I have tried creating a new User Account but like the Start Menu, it just won't open. Anyone else had this problem? 15808