Windows 10: cant create a recovery disk or make restor on usb

Discus and support cant create a recovery disk or make restor on usb in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; tried 2 usb 32 gb same,sfc scan ok,tried both usb on pc they ok but not an laptop changed usb to mbr formatted all formats did not matter, cleaned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Maurice Richard Beaulieu, Feb 16, 2019.

1. cant create a recovery disk or make restor on usb

tried 2 usb 32 gb same,sfc scan ok,tried both usb on pc they ok but not an laptop
    changed usb to mbr formatted all formats did not matter, cleaned laptop,used media creation
    but still wont work, tried different usb ports, I tried everything the laptop is a new 5th generation
    but he pc is old legacy but everything works ok on it.
    so wy cant I mmake a recovery or a media creation on a flash drive ?

Maurice Richard Beaulieu, Feb 16, 2019

2. how to create a start-up disk for windows 10 pro

Hi,

To help you create a recovery drive, we suggest that you try to follow the steps found in the article below:

We would also need to ask you if you are trying to create a bootable USB disk for Windows 10.

Let us know so that we can further help.

Marivel Man, Feb 16, 2019
  3. windows 10 recovery usb disk drive

hi . all

i was create usb recovery disk drive with windows 10 update 1803 ,

i want to know steps to recover system using usb disk drive , to this update vision .

please , in step like that

1- put usb recovery disk drive on computer usb

2-

3-

4-

thanks , regards,

ahmedallamBW, Feb 16, 2019
  4. cant create a recovery disk or make restor on usb

Recovery Disks

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

In order to create a recovery disk, follow the steps below:

• Type “Recovery” in search box and press Enter.
    • Select the option to create a recovery disc and follow the prompts to create a recovery disc.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

cant create a recovery disk or make restor on usb

1. cant create a recovery disk or make restor on usb - Similar Threads - cant create recovery

2. Problems creating a recovery disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems creating a recovery disk: I cant seem to create a recovery disk for my Windows 10 computer.The recovery disk tool opens ok. I tick the box to create a recovery disk, press next, insert a 128GB empty USB stick, my Virus checker tells me it is inserted but the recovery disk tool does not recognise...
  3. Problems creating a recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems creating a recovery disk: I cant seem to create a recovery disk for my Windows 10 computer.The recovery disk tool opens ok. I tick the box to create a recovery disk, press next, insert a 128GB empty USB stick, my Virus checker tells me it is inserted but the recovery disk tool does not recognise...
  4. Create Win11 Recovery disk fails and corrupts USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create Win11 Recovery disk fails and corrupts USB: I bought a 5-pack of 64 gig USB thumb drives. Using the "Create and Format disk" tool I created two 30 gig partitions thinking I'd make one a Win 11 recovery and the other a Acronis recovery that's the backup tool I use.On my Win 10 machine it worked well. On my Win 11...
  5. Create Win11 Recovery disk fails and corrupts USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create Win11 Recovery disk fails and corrupts USB: I bought a 5-pack of 64 gig USB thumb drives. Using the "Create and Format disk" tool I created two 30 gig partitions thinking I'd make one a Win 11 recovery and the other a Acronis recovery that's the backup tool I use.On my Win 10 machine it worked well. On my Win 11...
  6. creating a recovery usb

creating a recovery usb: Hi, I am trying to put a recovery of windows 10 to a new 32gb usb stick. I am running the latest version of windows. The desktop pc recognizes the usb but the recovery option does not, I just get the green progress bar going along the 'window'. I have tried disabling the anti...
  7. Creating a recovery usb

Creating a recovery usb: Hi there, I want to upgrade from windows 10 v1909 to v2004. So i decided to create a recovery drive so that i can clean install the os if my update fails. I have created a recovery usb drive using "create recovery drive" option in windows, when i was running in windows 10...
  8. can't create recovery disk

can't create recovery disk: My Dell XPS 13 9300, Win10 Pro x64, five hours out of the carton, all updates installed, fails while writing the recovery disk to a 16GB USB flash drive. "A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive." It also leaves the drive in an odd state with no partition or...
  9. USB Recovery Disk created under Mode S

USB Recovery Disk created under Mode S: I have the Recovery Disk created under S shortly after my laptop was purchased a week or so back. Will this disk support a recovery of Windows 10 Home, or will it instead return me to Windows 10 S...? Cheers all... Al....
  10. Cannot Create Recovery Disk - USB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot Create Recovery Disk - USB: I have just bought a new Inspiron 15 5000 Dell with Windows 10 and cannot create a recovery drive. Do you know how I can fix this? 22683