Windows 10: Can't create a shortcut to my desktop

Discus and support Can't create a shortcut to my desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had download the app of Simplenote from Microsoft store. I can't create a shortcut of this app to my desktop due to I can't find the file of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Windows Category - All, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Can't create a shortcut to my desktop

I had download the app of Simplenote from Microsoft store. I can't create a shortcut of this app to my desktop due to I can't find the file of Simplenote in my PC. Does it have any methods to solve it?

:)

Windows Category - All, Jul 12, 2021
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create the Ethernet shortcut on your desktop, you can follow the step provided below.

Step: Create Ethernet shortcut on the desktop.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Type in ncpa.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. You will see all your network adapter.
    4. Right click on your desired adapter and click on
      Create Shortcut and allow the prompt.
    5. Or you can drag and drop the network adapter on the desktop that will create a shortcut too.
    6. You can now right on the shortcut on your desktop and disable and enable internet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 12, 2021
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 12, 2021
  4. Can't create a shortcut to my desktop

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

Can't create a shortcut to my desktop

1. Can't create a shortcut to my desktop - Similar Threads - Can't create shortcut

2. I can't create a Clipchamp desktop shortcut.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't create a Clipchamp desktop shortcut.: Is there a way to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-create-a-clipchamp-desktop-shortcut/853ea78b-1bdf-425c-86ce-88b5d5135951
  3. I can't create a Clipchamp desktop shortcut.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't create a Clipchamp desktop shortcut.: Is there a way to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-create-a-clipchamp-desktop-shortcut/853ea78b-1bdf-425c-86ce-88b5d5135951
  4. Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?: I'm working on a software to help blind people use computers, and I'm searching for a way for them to create desktop icons/shortcut to Web sites. Is there a way to do this only using the keyboard ? I tried using the Shift + F10, but this doesn't work if an icon is selected,...
  5. Can't create a desktop shortcut for pre-installed apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create a desktop shortcut for pre-installed apps: Hello! I recently got a new laptop and many apps such as Spotify came pre-installed. However, I can only access them through the start menu or if I pin them to the taskbar, but I can't create a shortcut on my desktop. I've tried dragging the icon from the start menu to the...
  6. Can't create a desktop shortcut for pre-installed apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't create a desktop shortcut for pre-installed apps: Hello! I recently got a new laptop and many apps such as Spotify came pre-installed. However, I can only access them through the start menu or if I pin them to the taskbar, but I can't create a shortcut on my desktop. I've tried dragging the icon from the start menu to the...
  7. Can't create shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create shortcuts: Everytime I create shortcuts I get"the target of this internet shortcut is not valid. Go to the internet shortcut property sheet and make sure the target is correct" plz help y'all ive tried so many YouTube solutions already...
  8. Send to - Desktop (create shortcut)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Send to - Desktop (create shortcut): Basically, i want to remove "send to" from the right click menu and in it's place, just have "Desktop (create shortcut)". So, you right click an icon and can immediately make the shortcut to the desktop without sliding the menu out. i never use any of the other shortcuts and...
  9. Creating a desktop shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Creating a desktop shortcut: All I want to do is create a Desktop shortcut & icon for Microsoft Edge. Simple I thought, but I cannot do it. If I move an icon in the source folder, either an exe or lnk, to the Desktop it does not launch when clicked, or when I click open or run as Admin. Sometimes I cant...
  10. Create Desktop Shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Create Desktop Shortcut: O.k. I give up...can someone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut ? using Edge browser....also how do you move something from the favourites bar to the desktop?......it must be possible surely ?........Del. 73345