Windows 10: Can't create a Windows Recovery Disk on DELL PC running Windows 10

Discus and support Can't create a Windows Recovery Disk on DELL PC running Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In the past on my PCs I have created an image of the PC and a recovery disk using these functions within Windows. This means that if my PC crashes and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by grahamm7, Feb 8, 2020.

1. grahamm7 Win User

Can't create a Windows Recovery Disk on DELL PC running Windows 10

In the past on my PCs I have created an image of the PC and a recovery disk using these functions within Windows. This means that if my PC crashes and needs a new disk/OS etc. I can restore an image of my PC which includes the applications etc. The recovery disk allows you to get to a repair option of say repair/install that keeps your apps but also there is a troubleshoot option from which you can run a command window very useful. However on my new Dell Precision Tower 3630 running Windows 10 pro 64 bit it failed to create a Windows Recovery Disk and said it didn't have the files. Dell Support said no do it our way - read our documentation. This means using their Dell OS Recovery Tool. I made one of these but it looks to me as if this is purely to re-install Windows as a fresh install. So far Dell haven't given me a clear explanation of the operation of this tool and then running the USB recovery drive it creates. I am working on my Disaster Recovery preparations - in case. Back up all my data, create an image with an MS Recovery disk. But looks as if I can't quite follow this route thanks to DELL! Have any others run into this? Does the Dell Recover Drive on the USB stick allow one to repair and troubleshoot - so far they haven't explained it to me. Even though I have asked them nicely and clearly. Not too keen on Dell Support they seem to be going like other help desks they stick to their script and can't deviate from it and then answer technically.

:)

grahamm7, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 8, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    NavyLCDR, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Can't create a Windows Recovery Disk on DELL PC running Windows 10

Failure of Create the recovery Disk from Windows 10 Pro Pc

Failure of Create the recovery Disk from Windows 10 Pro Pc

Pl, give suggestions to how can create the recovery drive.

[Moved from Community Participation Center]

RATHOD RAVINDER, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't create a Windows Recovery Disk on DELL PC running Windows 10

1. Can't create a Windows Recovery Disk on DELL PC running Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't create Recovery

2. Problems creating a recovery disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems creating a recovery disk: I cant seem to create a recovery disk for my Windows 10 computer.The recovery disk tool opens ok. I tick the box to create a recovery disk, press next, insert a 128GB empty USB stick, my Virus checker tells me it is inserted but the recovery disk tool does not recognise...
  3. Problems creating a recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems creating a recovery disk: I cant seem to create a recovery disk for my Windows 10 computer.The recovery disk tool opens ok. I tick the box to create a recovery disk, press next, insert a 128GB empty USB stick, my Virus checker tells me it is inserted but the recovery disk tool does not recognise...
  4. can't create recovery disk

can't create recovery disk: My Dell XPS 13 9300, Win10 Pro x64, five hours out of the carton, all updates installed, fails while writing the recovery disk to a 16GB USB flash drive. "A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive." It also leaves the drive in an odd state with no partition or...
  5. Can't create a Windows 10 recovery drive/ Can't reset PC

Can't create a Windows 10 recovery drive/ Can't reset PC: I tried resetting my PC since it has almost no storage and this message pops up: Could not find the recovery environment Insert your Windows installation or recovery media, and restart your PC with the media. I am using a laptop ideapad 110S-11IBR and it didn't come with...
  6. Can't create Windows 10 Recovery Media

Can't create Windows 10 Recovery Media: I'm attempting to create recovery media on a brand-new empty, scanned-as-good 32 GB USB drive. After starting by typing "Create a recovery drive" in the Start Menu, and then confirming I want the app to make changes, I see "Creating a recovery drive" I leave the check mark in...
  7. Can't create recovery drive on this PC

Can't create recovery drive on this PC: Not sure why this thread has been discontinued. I'm not familiar with the Windows Registry and although there are various other links relating to the issue they get progressively more complex leaving me feeling feel lost. So, on attempting to create a recovery drive on my...
  8. Creating a Windows 10 recovery disk fails

Creating a Windows 10 recovery disk fails: When creating a Windows 10 recovery disk to USB it fails. Searching the Windows 10 forums indicates that this is a known issue with Windows 10. The only alternative is to created a bootable Windows 10 USB which requires the Windows 10 license. This did not come with the PC...
  9. Can't create recovery disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create recovery disk: In create recovery disk with the save system files option. I get "unable to create recovery disk". If create without the system files option it creates ok. Don Cole 113704
  10. create a recovery disk on windows 10

create a recovery disk on windows 10: create a recovery disk on windows 10 using usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/create-a-recovery-disk-on-windows-10/c07ebaa3-79a8-4177-9df9-376656fb136f