Windows 10: cant create big partitions

Discus and support cant create big partitions in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i have 394gb available in my disk and i want to create a partition with like 200gb, but it only allows me to create it with 37gb, what can i do? thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/isma_fdc, Jul 18, 2020.

1. cant create big partitions

i have 394gb available in my disk and i want to create a partition with like 200gb, but it only allows me to create it with 37gb, what can i do? thanks for reading an sorry for bad english

submitted by /u/isma_fdc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/isma_fdc, Jul 18, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown cant create big partitions :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile cant create big partitions :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jul 18, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

cant create big partitions

Cant merge Partitions

I'm going to assume you don't have the room to move the files on the G partition, that's why you can't just delete it and create one big partition.
    1.) Create and format a partition using the unallocated space at the beginning of the drive.
    2.) Move all the files from the G partition to the new partition you just created.
    3.) Delete the G partition and the Recovery partition in the middle of the drive.(You might have to use DiskPart to delete the recovery partition)
    4.) Extend the single partition remaining on the drive to use up the entire drive.

newtekie1, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

cant create big partitions

1. cant create big partitions - Similar Threads - cant create big

2. cant run big games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant run big games: I need help. i just bought new pc it has 16 RAM core - i5. Downloaded the sims 4 but it wont run… screen is going all black and i cant do anything .. What can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-big-games/55731bc9-6574-4351-a7d8-4fce73ad1c59
  3. cant run big games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant run big games: I need help. i just bought new pc it has 16 RAM core - i5. Downloaded the sims 4 but it wont run… screen is going all black and i cant do anything .. What can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-big-games/55731bc9-6574-4351-a7d8-4fce73ad1c59
  4. creating partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    creating partitions: I want to partition a new HDD. Could some please explain the best way f doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-partitions/b404630c-dc77-40f2-a8a0-972357c75bf4
  5. Widows is too big for the partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Widows is too big for the partition: Hi all, Two years ago I bought a new laptop ZED brand just because it was too cheep, and it stayed in the box until last week. Widows is installed on the C drive and the drive is like 97% full while the D drive has 500 GB of free space Is it possible to borrow some space...
  6. I cant create a partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant create a partition: when i type "create partition primary" in command prompt it says diskpart has ecountered an error: Incorrect function. see the system Event og for mor information please help i need to format my disk so i can install windows 10...
  7. Create partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Create partition: Any guide on create partition ? 124529
  8. Create partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Create partition: Any guide on create partition ? 124529
  9. Recovery partition is too big?

Recovery partition is too big?: Hey! I am rocking a new 120gb Kingston SSD on my pc and here is the deal. Ive been making these restore points once every month. and i just recently got a notification that im out of space. Now i thought "Wait, windows already used 120 gigs of my ssd?" and went to my pc to...
  10. Cant create partition on disk, DISKPART gives CRC fault,

Cant create partition on disk, DISKPART gives CRC fault,: Hi all, I have a problem and hope you guys and girls can help. I have a 2TB Western Digital drive. It somehow got corrupted and I am now trying to resolve the issue. easeUS data recovery wizard is already running for almost 24 hours and only did 8 percent of the disk. It...