Windows 10: Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Discus and support Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have been trying to create a Ubuntu VM using Hyper-V for the past hour, but Windows still can't create one for me. Every time I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Phawat Suksiriwan, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hello, I have been trying to create a Ubuntu VM using Hyper-V for the past hour, but Windows still can't create one for me. Every time I tried to create it just says "The server encountered an error while creating VM name. 'VM name' failed to realize. Failed to access configuration store: A virtual hard disk support provider for the specified file was not found. 0xC03A0014." I wanted to install it on my D: drive and I already configured the Hyper-V settings to store virtual disks and configuration files there. I also have a problem when trying to create a virtual switch, it just says "Error applying Virtual Switch Properties changes Switch create failed, name = some number, friendly name = 'New Virtual Switch': Not found 0x80041002". Please help me, thanks. Also, this is not the first time I've created a VM. It was a long time ago since I made a VM and then I disabled Hyper-V. Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch c2c13b3c-9299-40fc-a20c-4d2a8fb8483c?upload=true.png Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch 78db2955-ef2b-4a98-b694-79e98a479df2?upload=true.png

:)

Phawat Suksiriwan, Dec 13, 2020
  2. Raji k Win User

Creating Virtual Switch in Hyper-V

Hi All,

We are trying to create nested VM using Hyper-V. In Hyper-V manager,on creating the virtual switch for second level VM, we encounter an error while retrieving the list of Virtual switches. As we are in beginning stage of learning, we are
    unable to sort out from where the "localhost" is referred from. We have gone through some blogs but of no use. Any help will be more appreciable.

Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch cbe70ee6-1cf3-4fa0-b422-83b687d3e29a.png

Thanks in Advance!

Raji

[Moved from: Windows / Windows
    / Network & internet / PC ]

Raji k, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Juan-Ray Win User
    Hyper-V

Hey cool people

I just need to ask where should you add the ip to the virtual machine

hyper-V Virtual Nic (this get created when you create the vm)

or

Hyper-V virtual machine on the operating system

thank you

Juan-Ray, Dec 13, 2020
  4. SarahKong Win User

Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch

SarahKong, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch

1. Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch - Similar Threads - Can't Create Hyper

2. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  3. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  4. Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking: I can find the dialog to enable the Hyper-V Extensible Switch for my network card but when I say OK then it says: "Your current selection will also disable the following features: Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch" Yes or No Either way the selection becomes...
  5. Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V

Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V: Hi guys, I enabled Hyper-V feature in Windows 10 but unable to create a virtual switch. I tried to create private and internal types of virtual switch but every time the process stuck on "Applying changes". What could be the reason of that? Thank you. 61906
  6. Virtual Hard disk created in hyper-v

Virtual Hard disk created in hyper-v: Hi There I am using windows 10 Pro, and had a virtual machine installed using Hyper-V with two virtual HDD in that VM. Recently I had some problem with my Windows 10 OS and had to reset my windows with keeping all the files and settings, and it installed a new windows...
  7. Exporting VM with hyper-v

Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...
  8. Hyper-V error when creating virtual switch.

Hyper-V error when creating virtual switch.: Hi this is my first post but I am really confused as to an issue with hyper-V Whenever I go to open the virtual switch manager, it says; The operation on computer 'DESKTOP-V1A0142' failed: Generic error. Is there anyway to fix this. I have not yet created any switches...
  9. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  10. Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch

Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch: I get the error "bind failed: General access denied error" when I try to create an external virtual switch. [img] I tried running Hyper-V with as admin without success. Kevin 43133