Windows 10: Can't create new file in Documents directory.

Discus and support Can't create new file in Documents directory. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, From some day weeks ago, I strangely found that I can not create new files in my Document directory and some other directories (e.g. Desktop)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gwy15, May 16, 2019.

1. gwy15 Win User

Can't create new file in Documents directory.

Hi all,

From some day weeks ago, I strangely found that I can not create new files in my Document directory and some other directories (e.g. Desktop) using some applications. Check this screenshot out.

Can't create new file in Documents directory. f47b4621-7d87-46c2-9fc7-4059185245bb?upload=true.png

Here's some further information I can provide:

• Creating new file (e.g. a text file) or directory from the right mouse button menu works fine. This only happens for some applications. E.g. Using python, vim, etc.
    • This only happens for some specific directory and deeper sub-directories. In my case, that refers to the Document directory and its children. Once I move the sub directory to another place, e.g., C:\projects, I can create files properly.
    • For an existing file, I do have access to it and can open it for reading or writing. The only problem is to 'create' a new file.
    • Running as administrator doesn't help. Still having this problem.
    • Running in WSL doesn't help. Still having this problem.
    • This problem came to me suddenly some day using Windows 10 1809. I upgraded it to 1903 today and it still remains unsolved, hence I come here to ask.

Anyone got a clue how to solve it? Thanks a lot.

:)

gwy15, May 16, 2019
  2. DianeMV Win User

Create new Directory for application

I NEED TO CREATE A NEW DIRECTORY FOR THE PROGRAM TO BE DOWNLOADED INTO, I CAN DO WHAT

YOUR ANSWER SUGGESTS AFTER I HAVE CREATED THE NEW DIRECTORY, MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I CREATE THE NEW DIRECTORY?

DianeMV, May 16, 2019
  3. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, May 16, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, May 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't create new file in Documents directory. - Similar Threads - Can't create file

2. Can't create a new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't create a new folder: Why is it that, since the latest update, I am no longer able to create a new folder. I am working on an ASUS laptop with plenty of storage & RAM. I bring up 'new' & nothing happens then I am told file explorer is not responding....
  3. Create a windows Active Directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a windows Active Directory: Hi, i want to use Domain.GetCurrentDomain() method in a .net project, and i have windows 10. So can i create an active directory in my windows without using Windows Server?...
  4. creating a directory yields "the file is to large for the filesystem"

in Windows 10 Support
    creating a directory yields "the file is to large for the filesystem": My Windows 10 Pro (1803) seems to go nuts again (and me soon, too): In a specific folder on the C-drive, let's call it "C:\foobar" creating a new subfolder always yields me an error message "The file is too large for the destination file system". What is this BS supposed to...
  5. Can't open some files in Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open some files in Documents: I think I have made a mess. I had a file called "password" in my document file, it was a "read only" file. There was another file called "passwords" out there too. It was not marked "read only" I have no idea how to make it not "read only" so I just renamed it. Now none of...
  6. OneDrive Documents acts as default directory for Documents.

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Documents acts as default directory for Documents.: Hi, everyone. I've trying out the new preview, 10240. Everything works fine except for the default documents folder (and the same for Images). As my screenshots reveal, by default the documents and images folder are the ones with OneDrive. (My system is in Spanish, but it...
  7. New folders are created in the OneDrive directory, how to change this?

in Windows 10 Support
    New folders are created in the OneDrive directory, how to change this?: Hi everyone, I've had Windows 10 final release installed on my pc for a couple of days, and it has been proving a quite good experience. I just came across something though. I was editing a cpp file in Notepad++ and wanted to save it to a newly created folder in Documents....
  8. Transfer Documents Directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Transfer Documents Directory: Why won't my "My Documents Directory" in Windows 7 transfer to the start menu ? At the moment I'm running off a disk. This what I used to have to do back in the old DOS days. I guess there's been no Improvement since then. 93510
  9. Can't save file in C:\ root directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save file in C:\ root directory: I want to save files in my C:\ root directory of my boot drive and get an error that "Required privilege is not held by the client". I am the sole user/administrator of this system. I went into C:, properties, security, and enabled permissions for everything and everyone....
  10. New files added in GWX directory

in Windows 10 Support
    New files added in GWX directory: [img] I just noticed some change in the Get Windows 10 app.. 8920