Windows 10: can't create new folders since windows 10 update

Discus and support can't create new folders since windows 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since my last windows 10 update, I am unable to right click create new folders on my desktop and within other folders. ATM I'm copying and pasting new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RebeccaPalmer2, Feb 12, 2019.

1. can't create new folders since windows 10 update

Since my last windows 10 update, I am unable to right click create new folders on my desktop and within other folders. ATM I'm copying and pasting new folders from one saved on my desktop.

I have read all the messages about this in the community, but can't find any for this year.

I have run the troubleshooter.

I have opened in safe mode and the problem still occurs.

I have deleted the latest windows update.

I have made myself an administrator as suggested, still having problems with permissions.

What now?

:)

RebeccaPalmer2, Feb 12, 2019

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2019
  4. can't create new folders since windows 10 update

I cant create a new folder in windows 10

Hi,

As the scans were not able to find any corrupted system files, we recommend that you try creating a new folder through
    File Explorer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type "file explorer" to open File Explorer.
    • Click Desktop.
    • Under the Home tab, select the New folder option.
    • Create a name for your folder.

Let us know if you were able to create a new folder by following the steps provided.

Dennis Mop, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

can't create new folders since windows 10 update

1. can't create new folders since windows 10 update - Similar Threads - can't create folders

2. Can't create new folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't create new folders in Windows 10: Hiya,So as the title suggests, I can't create new folders. This isn't specific to any drive, it's literally everywhere on every drive. All I can do is create a shortcut, bitmap image, rich text document and a text document. This happened after an update but I don't know which...
  3. Can't create new folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create new folders in Windows 10: Hiya,So as the title suggests, I can't create new folders. This isn't specific to any drive, it's literally everywhere on every drive. All I can do is create a shortcut, bitmap image, rich text document and a text document. This happened after an update but I don't know which...
  4. Can't create new folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't create new folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create new folders.: Creating new folders isn't working since I tried to change my default folders icon using this tutorial.Now everytime I create a folder I am getting this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-new-folders/5d2267e0-43a2-4a61-9f06-81ce4300476a
  6. Can't create new folders.

Can't create new folders.: Creating new folders isn't working since I tried to change my default folders icon using this tutorial.Now everytime I create a folder I am getting this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-new-folders/5d2267e0-43a2-4a61-9f06-81ce4300476a
  7. Can't create new folder

Can't create new folder: When I right click on the desktop or inside a folder the option to create a new folder does not appear, also, when clicking on the "new folder" button on the file explorer or pressing ctrl+shift+n nothing happens. The only way for me to create a new folder at this point is...
  8. Can't create new folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't create new folder: [ATTACH] Suddenly noticed that I'm unable to create new folder in windows 10. Even ctrl+shift+n doesn't work or the new folder button in task bar. Also I checked HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers and the correct New folder was there with...
  9. Can't create new folders.

Can't create new folders.: Why can't I create new folders every time I try explorer hangs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-new-folders/694f88bd-3ab3-4410-ae2a-25841a78952f"
  10. Can't create a new folder

Can't create a new folder: Why is it that, since the latest update, I am no longer able to create a new folder. I am working on an ASUS laptop with plenty of storage & RAM. I bring up 'new' & nothing happens then I am told file explorer is not responding....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 i can´t create new folders

2. cant create new folders windows 10

3. when trying to create new folder on desktop menu wont appear screen goes blank

4. windows 10 cant create new directory,
  5. after windows 10 upgrade cant create new folders,
  6. i cant create a folder since windows 10 update