Windows 10: can't create new folders since windows 10 update

Discus and support can't create new folders since windows 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since my last windows 10 update, I am unable to right click create new folders on my desktop and within other folders. ATM I'm copying and pasting new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RebeccaPalmer2, Feb 12, 2019.

1. can't create new folders since windows 10 update

Since my last windows 10 update, I am unable to right click create new folders on my desktop and within other folders. ATM I'm copying and pasting new folders from one saved on my desktop.

I have read all the messages about this in the community, but can't find any for this year.

I have run the troubleshooter.

I have opened in safe mode and the problem still occurs.

I have deleted the latest windows update.

I have made myself an administrator as suggested, still having problems with permissions.

What now?

:)

RebeccaPalmer2, Feb 12, 2019

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2019
  4. can't create new folders since windows 10 update

I cant create a new folder in windows 10

Hi,

As the scans were not able to find any corrupted system files, we recommend that you try creating a new folder through
    File Explorer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type "file explorer" to open File Explorer.
    • Click Desktop.
    • Under the Home tab, select the New folder option.
    • Create a name for your folder.

Let us know if you were able to create a new folder by following the steps provided.

Dennis Mop, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

can't create new folders since windows 10 update

1. can't create new folders since windows 10 update - Similar Threads - can't create folders

2. Creating New Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating New Folder: Please help me. Why is it that I can't create new folders? Before this the icon functioning just well, but this time nothings happen. Why is that happening?? What should I do?...
  3. Can't Create new folder or text doc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Create new folder or text doc: When I try create new folder or text doc and rightclick on my desktop ..then try click new it freeze..i can't click it ..if left click nothing happens..if right click ..screen go white then it refresh desktop and close the box...
  4. Creating a New File Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a New File Folder in Windows 10: After the recent update, I can't seem to create a new file folder. Normally I just right click on the display and new folder options appear with other options, but now it's missing? How do I get it done now?...…….....
  5. I can't create new folders when clicking on "New Folder" from the Ribbon

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't create new folders when clicking on "New Folder" from the Ribbon: Hi, I have a problem with the menu after clicking right button of the mouse. The menu appears in a short form. It is not complete. There are a lot of functions disappeared from it,such as open with, cut, copy, new, create shortcut .... etc. Besides I can't create new...
  6. Can't Create A New User Windows 10.

Can't Create A New User Windows 10.: Whenever I try to create a new user in the windows settings, I get a popup that says that I need to choose an app to open this in, when I select yes, nothing happens, when I press no, the popup goes away. I have no idea what to do....
  7. create new folder to This PC

create new folder to This PC: Hi, I want to create a brand new folder to the This PC hub, is this possible? if so could you help? 30916
  8. Can't create new folder in Windows 10 explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create new folder in Windows 10 explorer: After a long time without any issues, my Windows 10 PC started to have trouble when creating new folders. Whenever I try to do it in explorer windows, be it through right-clicking or Ctrl+shift+n, the cursor shows its loading animation and explorer crashes. However when doing...
  9. Is it normal if i can't create "New Folder" in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it normal if i can't create "New Folder" in Windows 10?: About a week after Clean Installing Windows 10 from an upgraded version on my laptop, I noticed that i wasn't able to Create a New Folder anywhere, from Desktop to File Explorer Directories. Nothing! Even when i try clicking the "New Folder" Button in the Ribbon or pressing...
  10. New folder created by Windows 10 not accessable

in Windows 10 Support
    New folder created by Windows 10 not accessable: I discovered today that the new pictures folder that was created when the Windows 10 upgrade was done is not accessible to me and I am the only User and I am the administrator of the PC. When I open the security tab of folder properties it shows that I have all permissions...