Windows 10: Can't create new volume or expand existing volume out of unallocated space.

Discus and support Can't create new volume or expand existing volume out of unallocated space. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello, I just can't stand it anymore. I'm so annoyed and pissed. So I have these partitions and I want to expand my D drive (named... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ImJhin, Apr 15, 2020.

1. /u/ImJhin Win User

Can't create new volume or expand existing volume out of unallocated space.

/u/ImJhin, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Jizzler Win User

Extending volume problems

Looks like you'll need to go dynamic.

Jizzler, Apr 15, 2020
  3. InsAhamed Win User
    Cannot create a new simple volume from unallocated space

I want to create a new volume. So I've shrink a volume. Then I got unallocated space. When I try to create a new simple volume I'm getting this type of error.

Can't create new volume or expand existing volume out of unallocated space. 309729fd-e0cc-41f7-8d5b-89dc2874ecc5?upload=true.png

What should I do? Please suggest me a solution.

InsAhamed, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Can't create new volume or expand existing volume out of unallocated space.

Not be able to creat new volume in unallocated space in disk

I have tried to make partition in D drive. now Iis t showing two partition with one partition label as unallocated space and non of them as d drive. now if I am trying to convert unallocated space as new volume it is showing error as "The operation you
    selected will convert the selected basic disk(s) to dynamic disk(s). If you convert the disk(s) to dynamic, you will not be able to start installed operating systems from any volume on the disk(s)(except the current boot volume)." so what should I do now?

Dhavalparmar2, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Can't create new volume or expand existing volume out of unallocated space.

1. Can't create new volume or expand existing volume out of unallocated space. - Similar Threads - Can't create volume

2. Missing unallocated space after shrinking volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing unallocated space after shrinking volume: I'm using Windows 10 2019 LTSC. I have a 119 GB drive Disk 0. On this drive there is: - system partition 260 BM - C 113 GB- some "unallocated" but protected space 5.68 GB.I want to shrink C by 64 GB Rightclick -> Shrink volume... with 65536 typed in. C Has only 49 GB on...
  3. Unable to assign unallocated space to any of the partition or to create a new volume from...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to assign unallocated space to any of the partition or to create a new volume from...: Actually, I recently installed SSD in my laptop and I deleted the previous c drive where I used to have my window. But it created an unallocated space at the mid of my hard drive. When I am trying to create new volume over the unallocated space it says "There is not enough...
  4. Unable to assign unallocated space to any of the partition or to create a new volume from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to assign unallocated space to any of the partition or to create a new volume from...: Actually, I recently installed SSD in my laptop and I deleted the previous c drive where I used to have my window. But it created an unallocated space at the mid of my hard drive. When I am trying to create new volume over the unallocated space it says "There is not enough...
  5. Unable to assign unallocated space to any of the partition or to create a new volume from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Space & New Volume

Space & New Volume: I recently have been running low on space on my computer. I deleted useless files but it barely changes the amount of room on my pc. I tried to see if I could change to the "New Volume D:" Since it has over 920 GB of space but I am unsure how to change to it or how that would...
  7. I cannot make a new volume out of unallocated space on my disk.

I cannot make a new volume out of unallocated space on my disk.: I have about 150 GB of unallocated space recently opened after deleting my second Windows. First, I was able to make it into a New Volume, although I decided to delete the volume to merge it to an existing drive. I tried the "Extend Volume" option, however, an Error popped...
  8. Creating "New Simple Volume" from Unallocated Space

Creating "New Simple Volume" from Unallocated Space: [ATTACH] I mistakenly deleted a partition containing my personal data. Now the disk management shows Unallocated Space. I want to recover it now. Can creating "New Simple Volume" from Unallocated Space restore my lost partition? If it doesn't restore my partition will it...
  9. Cannot create a new simple volume from unallocated space

Cannot create a new simple volume from unallocated space: I want to create a new volume. So I've shrink a volume. Then I got unallocated space. When I try to create a new simple volume I'm getting this type of error. [ATTACH] What should I do? Please suggest me a solution....
  10. Unable to create a simple Volume out of unallocated space.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to create a simple Volume out of unallocated space.: Alright, so I want to dual boot Ubuntu along side Windows 10. I shrunk my C drive to make a new partition for Ubuntu around 40 GB. However after shrinking the partition, when I try to create a simple volume out of the unallocated space, I get a warning that it will be...