Windows 10: Can't create or edit Family Calendar items in Outlook 2013

Discus and support Can't create or edit Family Calendar items in Outlook 2013 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I've created a Family Calendar on Outlook.com, and I'm able to view and edit this calendar at outlook.com and in the Outlook for Android app on my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by pcraine, Aug 5, 2019.

1. pcraine Win User

Can't create or edit Family Calendar items in Outlook 2013

I've created a Family Calendar on Outlook.com, and I'm able to view and edit this calendar at outlook.com and in the Outlook for Android app on my phone.

In Outlook 2013, I can see the Family Calendar, but the New Appointment and New Meeting buttons are disabled. I cannot edit any existing appointments, and when I double click a day on the calendar to create one, this error is displayed:

You don't have permission to create an entry in this folder. Right-click the folder, and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder. See the folder owner or your administrator to change your permission.

I right-clicked on the Family Calendar and changed the permissions for the Owner to full read and write, but that had no effect. I then added my own email user as an owner with full read and write, but that didn't work either. I tried creating a new email profile for Outlook, but still I do not have access to the Family Calendar. (I have full access to the default Calendar.)

How can I gain full access to the Family Calendar in Outlook 2013?

:)

pcraine, Aug 5, 2019

2. Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365

Thank you. I looked at the link and I think what I need is ‘publish calendar’ which may get me the ics link I wanted. I’ll give it a go later on. It may not play ball because it is a family calendar rather than a conventional one but it sounds like it’s the best option. I don’t need the edit access in outlook 365, I just want the appointments in there and on my mac calendar so everything gets updates when I add a family entry on my iPhone. It’s tough to get a calendar that supports everything. I’d use iCloud calendar but mail and calendar app doesn’t support it. This way all our devices and machines plus Alexa can read the family calendar

cheers,
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, Aug 5, 2019
  3. gpstoloff Win User
    Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365

Mate, I feel your pain.

I've been able to get my family calendar to load in Outlook.com (Web browser), W10 Calendar, Outlook for Android, and Outlook 365. Of all of these choices, the ONLY app where my Family calendar is READ-ONLY is ......Outlook 365.

In fact, the ONLY Outlook.com-based calendar that I can edit in Outlook 365 is my personal calendar. According to MS Tech Support (2nd level), because it links to Outlook.com as an Exchange server, it only will update its own account's calendar.

So, I'm hoping someone has an answer soon.

gpstoloff, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Can't create or edit Family Calendar items in Outlook 2013

how to add family room calendar to outlook 2013

Is it possible to add a WP8 family room calendar to my Outlook 2013 desktop application?

serenity808, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Can't create or edit Family Calendar items in Outlook 2013

1. Can't create or edit Family Calendar items in Outlook 2013 - Similar Threads - Can't create edit

2. Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook: I have 5 mailboxes setup in my Outlook and I am able to create Events in 4 of the Calendars but 1 Mailbox's Calendar does not allow me to create event as of today morning. The option to create events/create appointments is greyed out Have tried restarting the PC, tried...
  3. Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook: I have 5 mailboxes setup in my Outlook and I am able to create Events in 4 of the Calendars but 1 Mailbox's Calendar does not allow me to create event as of today morning. The option to create events/create appointments is greyed out Have tried restarting the PC, tried...
  4. My Family Calendar disappear on all desktop Calendar, Outlook 365 and Windows Calendar Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Family Calendar disappear on all desktop Calendar, Outlook 365 and Windows Calendar Outlook: After the update of My Family App, all my Family Calendar on all devices from the family disappeared with all the appointments . Only remains the new online My Family Calendar. But all the old appointments are gone. How can I get back the synchronisation? Thank you for your...
  5. Family Calendar: when will it be editable on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Family Calendar: when will it be editable on the desktop?: MS, why in the world would you set up the shared family calendar so that it is not editable or you cannot make additions from the desktop. Additionally, categories for family calendar entries on the phone don't appear but they do on the desktop but they are greyed out so...
  6. SENT ITEMS IN EXCHANGE SERVER AND MS OUTLOOK 2013

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    SENT ITEMS IN EXCHANGE SERVER AND MS OUTLOOK 2013: We have an exchange server in our organisation and MS outlook 2013 in the office PCs are configured with this server. Unless the outlook in the PC is opened, the emails are viewable directly from the exchange server through web user interface. After opening the outlook in...
  7. Outlook 2013 Trash vs Deleted Items folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013 Trash vs Deleted Items folder: I am using IMAP , ISP is Comcast. What's the difference between Trash and Deleted Items folders? The 'Deleted Items " folder has always been empty . All deleted emails go to the "Trash" folder. Can I remove the 'Deleted Items" folder in Outlook 2013 since its never...
  8. Windows 10 calendar and Outlook 2013 calendar

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 calendar and Outlook 2013 calendar: Is there a procedure for syncing the calendar app in Win 10 with the Outlook 2013 calendar? I have been trying to sync my calendar in Outlook 2013 with my Blackberry Z30 in Blackberry Blend and Blackberry Link. So far I can only sync Windows 10 contacts with my BB Z30....
  9. Outlook 2013 calendar section

Outlook 2013 calendar section: Since I installed Win10 I cannot open the calendar section in Outlook 2013. I get the following message: This set of folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thank you Paul 14703
  10. Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365

Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365: I want to add our Microsoft family calendar to outlook 365. Basically I have two MS accounts. One is an old hotmail account which I use for emails and this is setup happily in outlook. The other is the Microsoft account I use to login to windows 10 with associated family...