Windows 10: Can't create recovery disk

Discus and support Can't create recovery disk in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In create recovery disk with the save system files option. I get "unable to create recovery disk". If create without the system files option it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doncole, Jul 8, 2018.

1. doncole Win User

Can't create recovery disk

In create recovery disk with the save system files option. I get "unable to create recovery disk".

If create without the system files option it creates ok.

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Jul 8, 2018

2. Recovery Disks

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

In order to create a recovery disk, follow the steps below:

• Type “Recovery” in search box and press Enter.
    • Select the option to create a recovery disc and follow the prompts to create a recovery disc.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 8, 2018
  3. aasaro Win User
    Create a recovery disk

I wanted to create a recovery disk to avoid latest updates conflicting with my settings and my installed apps. However system is telling me it is not possible to create it. Any suggestion?

Thanks

aasaro, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't create recovery disk - Similar Threads - Can't create recovery

2. create a recovery disk on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    create a recovery disk on windows 10: create a recovery disk on windows 10 using usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/create-a-recovery-disk-on-windows-10/c07ebaa3-79a8-4177-9df9-376656fb136f
  3. Can't create a recovery drive - STILL

Can't create a recovery drive - STILL: Very new Windows 10 PC. Created a backup to my extension hard drive, but wanted to also create a bootable recovery method. PC has no CD/DVD drive so went to make a recovery drive with a clean USB thumb drive. Followed the prompts exactly (several times) and am simply told it...
  4. Can't create recovery drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't create recovery drive: I'm running Win 10 Version 1211 (build 10586.11) - i.e. the latest build with the latest update. I want to create a new recovery drive but when I get to the window that says "Connect a USB Flash Drive" and the process comes to a dead stop. -I'm using the same 16GB thumb...
  5. Can't create Recovery Drive

Can't create Recovery Drive: Win 10 is running fine, but I wanted to create a Recovery Drive just in case. In the search bar I typed "RecoveryDrive.exe" and pressed enter. UAC popped up and I replied. The first recovery screen popped up. I accepted defaults on screen and selected Next. Next screen...
  6. Can't create a recovery drive.

Can't create a recovery drive.: I've tried sfc / scannow, reinstalling windows, working with windows help desk, and computer manufacturer. Nothing works. I've tried different USB keys always larger than 16 gb. I've searched a lot of Internet sites. Any suggestions? 57833
  7. Cannot Create Recovery Disk - USB

Cannot Create Recovery Disk - USB: I have just bought a new Inspiron 15 5000 Dell with Windows 10 and cannot create a recovery drive. Do you know how I can fix this? 22683
  8. We can't create the recovery drive

We can't create the recovery drive: Is there any way past the message "We can't create the recovery drive" when using Create a Recovery Drive? It worked for me, once. But since then I've been unable to recreate this trick. It works if I uncheck "Back up system files to the recovery drive". But since I've...
  9. Installed and want to create a recovery disk

Installed and want to create a recovery disk: Hi all I've done the free update today from windows 8.1 to windows 10 I'm guessing if I reset my laptop to factory settings I would be back on windows 8 and after the free download period is up I wouldn't be able to update to windows 10 again. I remember reading...
  10. Can't seem to make a recovery disk or install disk

Can't seem to make a recovery disk or install disk: I've tried using the "Create a Recovery Drive" and have tried making my own installation media using the "Media Creation Tool". Both seem to do nothing, just constantly search. The Media Creation Tool stays on the "getting a few things ready" screen for upwards of half an...