Windows 10: Can't create, rename, copy , cut and delete when I updated to 1903.

Discus and support Can't create, rename, copy , cut and delete when I updated to 1903. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I updated my Windows 10 yesterday from version 1803 to 1903. I was notified that the support for my version will end soon, but the auto update didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Speedster370, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Can't create, rename, copy , cut and delete when I updated to 1903.

I updated my Windows 10 yesterday from version 1803 to 1903. I was notified that the support for my version will end soon, but the auto update didn't wanted to update it to the latest version, so I had to do it manually... I Downloaded, installed the updated, restarted and it was okay. Then It wanted to restart again, restarted it, no problems after that, when I used it. And today when I booted my laptop, I am unable to create, copy, cut, rename or delete files, it shows the error "Could not find this item""This is no longer located in XXX. Verify the items location and try again". This happens everywhere, practically my files are frozen at the moment.
    Help!

:)

Speedster370, Sep 2, 2019

2. Help with .bat to Copy and Rename to the same dir?

Hi guys,

Me and a friend is playing a prank on another friend, and this is pretty harmless, just a "friendly" reminder to him ^^

So, basically, the title explains it mostly, but I will go into detail.

What I need is a .bat that will create multiple .txt files in one directory. They must have some text in them.

That or copy an existing .txt file, and rename the multiple copies.

Like so:

Copy multiple instances of filename.txt from C:/ to C:/folder/ and rename them so none of them gets deleted.

Or

Create filename.txt in C:/folder/ and make multiple copies of it, and rename them so none of them gets deleted.

Hopefully this will make sense ^^

Thanks in advance,
    Val

Valenciente, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Sep 2, 2019
  4. layka30 Win User

Can't create, rename, copy , cut and delete when I updated to 1903.

remove cut, copy, rename

Hola, como puedo ELIMINAR Cortar, Copiar, nombre change, contextual menú.
    Pongo Una Captura desde mi pc
    Gracias.*Sad

Can't create, rename, copy , cut and delete when I updated to 1903. [​IMG]

layka30, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Can't create, rename, copy , cut and delete when I updated to 1903.

1. Can't create, rename, copy , cut and delete when I updated to 1903. - Similar Threads - Can't create rename

2. Windows 10 hangs when I create or rename a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 hangs when I create or rename a folder: If I right click on my desktop and go to new my computer freezes up for about 30 seconds. The box goes away and nothing happens. This makes it impossible to create a new folder on my desktop. Something I have been doing for many years. Before you suggest it is something wrong...
  3. cut or copy and paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cut or copy and paste: I use to be able to cut and paste by highlighting and right clicking. Now I can highlight but when I right click this option is no longer available. What happened to my cut, copy and paste and how can I get them back?...
  4. how do i create short cuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i create short cuts: how do I create short cuts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-create-short-cuts/78a1c33f-1fc0-44b6-9b7a-1ede33932aa4
  5. cut copy paste

in Windows 10 Support
    cut copy paste: Before update 14383 I used my mouse for cut. copy, paste. After this update that disappeared. Why 55859
  6. Cut or Copy and Paste

in Windows 10 Support
    Cut or Copy and Paste: How do you copy or paste from one document to another in Windows 10? Thanks. 48387
  7. How to Revoke delete copy cut ability from all users ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Revoke delete copy cut ability from all users ?: Hi all Sinces I am working on shared laptop I need Revoke Delete Copy Cut ability from current user which is the administrator so I want to revoke these abilities from all users even the administrator then restore it when I need it.. I had tried through Properties >>...
  8. Windows Explorer running slow when I rename or delete files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer running slow when I rename or delete files: When I try to rename or delete a file Windows Explorer freezes for an average of 20 seconds. I opened my running processes to see what I could find, and during this 20 second period it reads "Not Responding" next to Windows explorer (as seen in image). [img] I've...
  9. remove cut, copy, rename

in Windows 10 Support
    remove cut, copy, rename: Hola, como puedo ELIMINAR Cortar, Copiar, nombre change, contextual menú. Pongo Una Captura desde mi pc Gracias.*Sad [img] 66510
  10. Can't delete folder that I created

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete folder that I created: This folder was created in Feb. It's in C: Users/(Me)/Music. I named it Overflow so I could move files into it to keep the main folder looking cleaner. It has no content except for a subfolder called "Photos" (which also has no content). When I look at properties I get...