Windows 10: Can't create, rename, copy , cut and delete when I updated to 1903.

Discus and support Can't create, rename, copy , cut and delete when I updated to 1903. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I updated my Windows 10 yesterday from version 1803 to 1903. I was notified that the support for my version will end soon, but the auto update didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Speedster370, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Can't create, rename, copy , cut and delete when I updated to 1903.

I updated my Windows 10 yesterday from version 1803 to 1903. I was notified that the support for my version will end soon, but the auto update didn't wanted to update it to the latest version, so I had to do it manually... I Downloaded, installed the updated, restarted and it was okay. Then It wanted to restart again, restarted it, no problems after that, when I used it. And today when I booted my laptop, I am unable to create, copy, cut, rename or delete files, it shows the error "Could not find this item""This is no longer located in XXX. Verify the items location and try again". This happens everywhere, practically my files are frozen at the moment.
    Help!

:)

Speedster370, Sep 2, 2019

2. Help with .bat to Copy and Rename to the same dir?

Hi guys,

Me and a friend is playing a prank on another friend, and this is pretty harmless, just a "friendly" reminder to him ^^

So, basically, the title explains it mostly, but I will go into detail.

What I need is a .bat that will create multiple .txt files in one directory. They must have some text in them.

That or copy an existing .txt file, and rename the multiple copies.

Like so:

Copy multiple instances of filename.txt from C:/ to C:/folder/ and rename them so none of them gets deleted.

Or

Create filename.txt in C:/folder/ and make multiple copies of it, and rename them so none of them gets deleted.

Hopefully this will make sense ^^

Thanks in advance,
    Val

Valenciente, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Sep 2, 2019
  4. layka30 Win User

Can't create, rename, copy , cut and delete when I updated to 1903.

remove cut, copy, rename

Hola, como puedo ELIMINAR Cortar, Copiar, nombre change, contextual menú.
    Pongo Una Captura desde mi pc
    Gracias.*Sad

Can't create, rename, copy , cut and delete when I updated to 1903. [​IMG]

layka30, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Can't create, rename, copy , cut and delete when I updated to 1903.

1. Can't create, rename, copy , cut and delete when I updated to 1903. - Similar Threads - Can't create rename

2. cut copy paste rename delete and properties not working on files / folders in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cut copy paste rename delete and properties not working on files / folders in windows 11: I recently fix a issue with my windows 11 in this forum threadhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-windows_install/windows-11-thinks-its-in-preinstallation-after/20cc48b1-6493-490c-a2d3-e84e66e2ff4eMy sincere thank you to the technician that help me...
  3. Issues when creating/renaming/deleting a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues when creating/renaming/deleting a folder: So, when I'm trying to create/rename/delete a folder in the "desktop" it asks for Administrator permission everytime, it works if I give the permission but it's really annoying to do it everytime. Even if I want rename a file or folder or a program in inside the main folder...
  4. Issues when creating/renaming/deleting a folder

Issues when creating/renaming/deleting a folder: So, when I'm trying to create/rename/delete a folder in the "desktop" it asks for Administrator permission everytime, it works if I give the permission but it's really annoying to do it everytime. Even if I want rename a file or folder or a program in inside the main folder...
  5. CUT , COPY , RENAME ICONS NEED MODIFICATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CUT , COPY , RENAME ICONS NEED MODIFICATION: In my company 70% of staffs are of age 40 and above, Recently we upgraded all our PC to Windows 11 and now I feel really difficult to educate these people.Main problem we face is the confusion caused by the CUT COPY shortcut icon. Insted of copying files these people by...
  6. CUT , COPY , RENAME ICONS NEED MODIFICATION

CUT , COPY , RENAME ICONS NEED MODIFICATION: In my company 70% of staffs are of age 40 and above, Recently we upgraded all our PC to Windows 11 and now I feel really difficult to educate these people.Main problem we face is the confusion caused by the CUT COPY shortcut icon. Insted of copying files these people by...
  7. How to Cut, Copy, Paste, Rename, Delete, Share Files and Folders in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Cut, Copy, Paste, Rename, Delete, Share Files and Folders in Windows 11: [ATTACH]In this post we will show you how to Cut, Copy, Paste, Rename, Delete, Share Files and Folders in Windows 11. The method remains the same but it’s just that the way it is now displayed in the context menu could confuse some for a moment. Cut, Copy, Rename, Delete and...
  8. Cannot delete, copy, cut and rename a PDF file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete, copy, cut and rename a PDF file: Hello Team, I downloaded a PDF file from the Flipkart website in which comparing of laptops consist. After opening that file, I tried to delete that file but I couldn't perform any operation on that file. I used Microsoft File and Folder trouble-shooter to detect any...
  9. Unable to Cut or Delete Files I previously created and Copied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Cut or Delete Files I previously created and Copied: I have a external HD where I created a Temp folder and I then copied files I had created previously into that folder. It turned out the files I had put in the Temp folder were duplicates but it would not allow me to delete them saying I needed permission from a user defined...
  10. remove cut, copy, rename

in Windows 10 Support
    remove cut, copy, rename: Hola, como puedo ELIMINAR Cortar, Copiar, nombre change, contextual menú. Pongo Una Captura desde mi pc Gracias.*Sad [img] 66510