Windows 10: Can't create shortcuts

Discus and support Can't create shortcuts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Everytime I create shortcuts I get"the target of this internet shortcut is not valid. Go to the internet shortcut property sheet and make sure the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Skoomadrinkrz, May 8, 2021.

1. Can't create shortcuts

Everytime I create shortcuts I get"the target of this internet shortcut is not valid. Go to the internet shortcut property sheet and make sure the target is correct" plz help y'all ive tried so many YouTube solutions already

:)

Skoomadrinkrz, May 8, 2021

2. Create desktop shortcuts to websites with Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open a webpage in Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the three dots at top right corner.
    • Choose Open with Internet Explorer.
    • Right Click and click on create shortcut.
    • The shortcut shall open in Microsoft Edge, if it is your default browser.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 8, 2021
  3. How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, May 8, 2021
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Can't create shortcuts

Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create the Ethernet shortcut on your desktop, you can follow the step provided below.

Step: Create Ethernet shortcut on the desktop.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Type in ncpa.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. You will see all your network adapter.
    4. Right click on your desired adapter and click on
      Create Shortcut and allow the prompt.
    5. Or you can drag and drop the network adapter on the desktop that will create a shortcut too.
    6. You can now right on the shortcut on your desktop and disable and enable internet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Can't create shortcuts

1. Can't create shortcuts - Similar Threads - Can't create shortcuts

2. Why can't I create shortcuts to folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I create shortcuts to folders?: I used to create shortcut to folders in other network drives I have access to so that I don't always have to remember which one lives where. I can't do that anymore with Windows 11 and I am too upset....
  3. Create A Shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create A Shortcut: I would like to create a shortcut that would be placed on my desktop. I have logged onto a webpage and want to create a shortcut. How do I do that? Thanks for any help with this,...
  4. Create A Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create A Shortcut: I would like to create a shortcut that would be placed on my desktop. I have logged onto a webpage and want to create a shortcut. How do I do that? Thanks for any help with this,...
  5. Create A Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?: I'm working on a software to help blind people use computers, and I'm searching for a way for them to create desktop icons/shortcut to Web sites. Is there a way to do this only using the keyboard ? I tried using the Shift + F10, but this doesn't work if an icon is selected,...
  7. Can't create a shortcut to my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't create a shortcut to my desktop: I had download the app of Simplenote from Microsoft store. I can't create a shortcut of this app to my desktop due to I can't find the file of Simplenote in my PC. Does it have any methods to solve it?...
  8. Create shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create shortcut: Dell Inspiron 15 3505 laptop with WIndows 10 Build 19042.685 Today I have added Foobar2000, via Microsoft Store, to the laptop. I am having difficulty finding how to create a shortcut on for Foobar2000. I cannot find the exe either; I would use this to create a shortcut if...
  9. create shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    create shortcuts: How do I create a shortcut easily as was done in earlier programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-shortcuts/31eee41e-7dfe-4726-bff4-c5ea4af40c28
  10. Can't create website shortcut.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't create website shortcut.: As the title says, I can't create a shortcut to a web site, mine actually. I can create one for other sites, but not for mine. Why is that? 151732